Etude House Aloha Two Two Kiss Review, Swatches, Photos
You have to give Etude House props for its great Engrish naming of products. It’s new Aloha Two Two Kiss is so damn original, heavy sarcasm. But Lord knows, I absolutely love them for those cute names that just don’t quite translate correctly in English….!
As you know from a few of my prior posts Korean brand, Etude House took to Hawaii this year for its Summer Collection.
Here’s a look at the Etude House Aloha Two Two Kiss Tints.
A dual sided lip pencil that includes a tint and a gloss in one!
Etude House released this dual sided pencil in four shades. Don’t quote me but these are a newer product for the brand as the Aloha Collection has a bit of a rehash of older products however the Two Two Kiss Pencils are original and a new as far as I know.
I loved the idea of the Two Two Kiss Pencils but got quickly irritated and frustrated over the fact that you couldn’t sharpen them. But no worries….my initial impression that the pencils were housed in a plastic tube were incorrect. Each pencil has an airbrushed peachy pink metallic tube that looks like it’s made of plastic but actually it is in fact a full pencil that sharpens easily. I retract any rants I’ve made about this product in the past. I’m now quite pleased as I was worried that these would wear down to the nub and I’d have no way to sharpen them!
The pencil is dual ended and contains a moisturizing tint on one side and a glossy subtly tinted pencil on the other. You can apply the products together or use them individually, it’s entirely up to you! The tint side has a nice pop of medium color which looks very natural and pretty on lips where as the glossy side is a moisturizing, subtly tinted glossy finish lip product. I could be way off but they had a faint, fruity taste to them. The tinted side is a ickle waxy and isn’t as moisturizing as the glossy side of the pencil but it still wears very comfortably on lips and has a decent wear time.
I picked up three of the four color selections.
- Tropical Lime Red: The gloss side is yellow which has zero pigment and the tint side is a bright orange red.
- Hula Hula Sandy Pink: The gloss side is nude pink and the tint side is a nude, beige peach.
- Honolulu Shine Red: The gloss side is a bright red and the tint side is a bright orange with golden sparkle.
The formula supposedly contains Argan Oil as well as sun protection. I find they are a nice fix for quickie, subtle lip looks and are an ideal pick for the warmer weather when you aren’t wanting a load of sticky lipgloss or heavy lipstick on your lips.
The tops are a little iffy as they unscrew easily which means the product might dry out plus they slip off when I travel with them. Not sure what happened here but I find the tops are very frustrating particularly because this is the type of product I’d like to carry with me for quickie slicks of color on the go but the faulty packaging prevents this!
- Anyone who likes lightweight ways to wear color on their lips in the Summer.
- Anyone who prefers lighter lip products versus heavier lipglosses and lipsticks.
- Those wanting a moisturizing lip tint and a hydrating gloss all in one pencils!
- Those who like lip pencils for filling and lining with!
- Those who plan on traveling with their lip products (the faulty packaging definitely prevents me from traveling with these).
- Those who aren’t willing to deal with airmail and purchasing products abroad (these are available in Korea and will be released in a few weeks in other parts of Asia).
These are cute and dead cheap even if you’re getting them through second hand retail means (E-bay, Online Shops, Etc…). At first I wasn’t too impressed due to the sharpening issue but I quickly warmed up when I found out I could indeed sharpen them easily. I think they would have gotten a way bigger rave if it wasn’t for the tops which slip off so easily when I’m on the go. Take it from first hand experience, they make a mess in one’s makeup bag if the top does slip off. Overall, for a quick slick of color on the go, Imma likey Etude House Aloha Two Two Kiss!
Cutes but needs a little work on the packaging.
This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.