Musings of the Day: Old Wives’ Tales

My mum has SO many crazy notions that you can chalk up as all Old Wives’ Tales.

She should watch the video above of these pizza face slapping girls because according to her eating pizza causes pimples imagine slapping yourself in the face with a slice a few times? You’d develop chicken pox or something insane like that if it was my mum telling you about it!

Jump!

And let’s not forget eating chocolate breaks you out too, and coffee will stun your growth, and walking on a bare floor when you’re PMS’ing will result in cramps…

Yup, my mum, she has some strange ass notions.

How about your mom?

Does she have old beauty tales about what you should and shouldn’t be doing?

Share ‘em!

• 8/25/11 10:32 Jordan:

My MIL says sitting or walking on cold cement will give you a UTI!!I tried to tell her that they’re caused by bacteria but she won’t listen lol.

• 8/25/11 10:33 the Muse:

LMAO jordan my mum and your MIL must be from the same old school! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8/25/11 12:02 Ljana:

When I was a kid, my mum used to tell me that eating vegetables (instead of chocolate) will give me pitch black, sculpted, arched eyebrows like hers (sadly, I take after my pasty blonde dad in the eyebrow department). She didn’t really believe it though and neither did I – must have been the snicker that gave her away :)
    My first comment, btw, but I’ve been reading (lurking) for three years now – absolutely love your blog!

• 8/25/11 12:21 the Muse:

lol llana now that’s a TALL tale ;-D! Aw cheers thank you! I’m glad you came out to say hey today, it’s awesome to meet you!

• 8/25/11 12:19 Sara:

Don’t eat your boogers, it’ll make you ugly.

• 8/25/11 12:23 the Muse:

ha…good advice all around sara!

• 8/25/11 12:53 Eve:

Making silly faces will make you face stick that way. I believed her too!

• 8/25/11 13:07 the Muse:

oh god my mom def used that one eve!

• 8/25/11 14:03 Macnunu:

Dude my mom is Asian. Does that answer your question?
    Anything they read in a newspaper or see on a tv show is gospel!

• 8/25/11 14:06 the Muse:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL nunu! Totes understand, my best friend’s mum is asian, she’s my adoptive mum and she has all sorts of quirky ass stuff she tells me, worst than my own mother ;-D

• 8/26/11 0:36 Fey:

Mine too. Fan death. She’s always like, “AAAH! OPEN THE DOOR! Your fan is on and your door is closed and you’ll DIE!” I listen to her, not because I believe it, but because that’s a really creepy concept and makes sleep hard.

• 8/26/11 9:48 the Muse:

LOL fey….!

• 8/25/11 20:05 Brooke:

My grandma has canned fruit and vegetables from her garden for as long as I can remember. She always says that when canning, no one on their period can be around because the canning products will spoil….

• 8/29/11 16:40 the Muse:

NOW that’s an interesting one brooke!

• 8/25/11 20:54 Stephanye:

Eating bananas during your period will make you have cramps. The funny thing is that this does happen to me but only during that week. My mom also believes chocolate will break you out but it’s the cheap milk chocolate sugar crap that does that to me.