the Balm Meet Matt(e) Swatches

the Balm Meet Matte Swatches 001

the Balm has a new palette, Meet Matt(e), which I’m sure you’ve guessed it already, has a range of matte eyeshadows.

Are you a Matt(e) girl? The palette is arranged in a rather fun way as the shadows are named after popular Matt’s…like…mmm..Matt Smith…my personal favorite Matt at the moment (‘ello, ‘ello Doctor).

Let’s take a look at some swatches!

I haven’t tried the palette yet outside of swatching so I’ll following up with a review soon but I will say the matte formula proves a good swatch and I had no issues with patchiness. The texture of the shadows feels very light and creamy with great color pay off. There are nine shades of shadow to choose from.

the Balm Meet Matte Swatches 010

the Balm Meet Matte Swatches 004

the Balm Meet Matte Swatches 002

Meet Matt(e) is available now at thebalm.com

• 8/18/11 12:28 katrosado:

Wow! Those are fantastic swatches for mattes. Sometimes mattes will swatch blotchy but then apply well. I’ve got to get this one!

• 8/18/11 12:41 the Muse:

katros yeah! I get alot of blotchy patchy with matte but these were lovely ;-D!

• 8/18/11 12:38 Caroline:

I’m absolutely a matte girl, but nowhere to catch this one :/

• 8/18/11 12:39 the Muse:

thebalm.com caroline :)

• 8/18/11 12:41 Tammie:

This is really making me want to pick this up (even more)…I have been kind of out of eyeshadow lately due to sparkle/shimmer fallout (didn’t want to deal with it) so a nice matte palette might be good for me! I love that all the colors are great for every day too…bright colors are too much for me (I like bright lips/cheeks) so I don’t think I’d want it so much if it had some bright colors in it!

• 8/18/11 15:00 Danielle:

I actually saw this palette at my local TJ Maxx.

• 8/18/11 15:31 the Muse:

yeah I know Danielle did a few posts this week about the Balm being at TJ Maxx :)

• 8/18/11 15:15 Marina:

Definitely want this one. Any idea how long it’ll be available? I’m on a college-student budget now and I just bought a new laptop battery (alright…and a DW shirt…but I needed something geeky to wear to Astronomy!)…so Christmas may be my only hope XD

• 8/18/11 15:33 the Muse:

no worries marina def not LE hun! plus a DW shirt=SO MUCH MORE important haha!

• 8/18/11 16:12 Marina:

Haha! Well, I am very glad it is not LE :) I am all caught up now, and just watched End of Time today. I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much.

• 8/18/11 16:58 the Muse:

awwww it’s hard to get over ten marina! ;-D There there now!

• 8/18/11 17:40 rose:

love the middle row!

• 8/18/11 18:15 Josh :D:

I definitely want this (Thanks to the BF, Matt) and the Too Faced Matte Palette! Ahhh so many nice mattes!

• 8/19/11 9:26 the Muse:

damn Josh I was saving you for my friend Kenningston and you go and tell me you have a matt at home…sheesh…so much for my matchmaking skills!

• 8/18/11 19:04 thepaigest:

I love matte I think more so because I wore the heck out of UD most of my makeup life but I love the BLING! Man I’m lovin this palatte but I SO want that MUPPET PALATTE
    Thanks for the swatches
    HUGS!

• 8/19/11 9:25 the Muse:

my pleasure thepaigiest :) hugs back!

• 8/18/11 23:53 Jennifer:

For those that are interested, saw a few of these at the TJ Maxx in Rego Park, Queens NY. :) $24.99

Along with various other theBalm products… like Hot Mama, Mary Louminizer, and whatever the bronzer name is (all 9.99)… Plus their tinted moisturizer (12.99), and the full line of skincare that Muse pointed out.

If this info was already put out there, my bad… just thought it warranted a repost along with the swatches. Actually, after seeing the swatches I wish I hadn’t been so good and had gone ahead and bought the palette. It’s much smaller than you’d think though…

• 8/19/11 9:23 the Muse:

thanks Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D very helpful for those in queens!

• 8/26/11 14:32 Prairie Peg:

I just saw a bunch of The Balm items at my TJ Maxx in Lincoln, NE. I bought up 3 eyeshadow pallettes – Meet Matt(e), Shady Lady Vol 2 & Vol 3!! I was so excited! These were $16.99 @. They also had a few other items like bronzers & blushes but I grabbed up all the eyeshadows! They also had some E.L.F. palettes available too!

• 8/29/11 9:13 the Muse:

yup Peg I know, I did a post about it a few days ago :) happy hauling!

• 1/17/13 10:26 Vickie:

Oh wow! This is right up my alley…I love nothing but Matte..my foundation from BE is Matte….So I will be going to this website right now..
    thank you so much for the swatches….lovin’ them already….will let you know how they do once I get my order in and receive them….I’m excited….