Pixi Fake Awake Kit Review, Swatches, Photos
Why Pixi, thank you so much for faking my wake up this morning!
Pixi Fake Awake Kit is a selection of concealers and small little fixes for faking your way through a flawless, less than tired makeup look in seconds.
Imma a likey this little set.
A quick correcting and color kit for concealing and soft, natural makeup!
Let’s see….there are a few people that will want the Pixi Fake Awake Kit…the peeps running on three hours sleep, the girl’s that aren’t too into makeup but still want a little help to look flawless, teens who just need an ickle hint of concealer to look gorgeous, the women who can’t be hassled for a full application of makeup when they are simply heading to the gym, the market, or running errands.
This is your kit if you fit the above descriptions.
It’s simple, hassle free makeup which is part of the appeal in my opinion. No one loves makeup more than me but sometimes I simply can’t be hassled to haul out the entire kit and kaboodle which is why I really like something simple particularly on quickie trips to the mall or on days I’m just too tired too bother. This kit contains just the right amount of products to get you looking awake and flawless without being over done or too troublesome to apply.
The set embraces the Pixi pull out drawer design. Pixi favors the drawer style packaging on many of it’s palettes, blushes, and powders. It has a ribbon handle which allows you to pull the content drawer out. Inside you’ll find cheek and lip stain, gloss, concealers, setting powder, and a highlighter/blusher. It’s pretty much basic makeup for a super quickie look.
- Cheek and Lip Stain: This is a peachy almost orange stain that can be applied on lips and cheeks. It has a nice wear time but isn’t as pigmented as other stains I have but it does built up nicely and works best when the highlighter/blush in the set is applied on top for added color pay off.
- Lipgloss: This is a beige-y pink with very little color. It has a mint taste and layers easily while wearing comfortably without being too sticky or tacky. You have to apply a few layers to get the best shine but once in place it gives a nice, natural fuller lip look.
- Two Concealers: The kit contains a yellow-ish lighter concealer a more beige/lighter shade. You can combine the two to create another shade or correct with the yellow and concealer with the beige. The formula is light, slippery, and blends easily. They won’t cover up MAJOR problems but they will wake up tired eyes.
- Cream Highlighter: This is a peachy beige shade which can be used on the sides of nose, cheek bones, or brow bones for a little highlighting action.
- Brightening Concealer: This is a pale rose shade which Pixi dubbed a brightening concealer. It works as a blush if you will but honestly not sure where they expected this to “brighten” up as the color is a bit too pigmented to conceal anything without making it turn pink.
- Setting Powder: This is a beige shade of powder which can be used to set concealer. It works particularly nicely under eyes to keep concealer wearing long.
- Blush/Highlighter: This is a natural flush of peachy/beige which gives cheeks a little touch of natural warmth.
The textures of the powders and concealers/highlighters are all quite nice. I expected the cream products to be hard but they actually have a nice, emollient feel that blend easily. The powders are silky and blend out perfectly as well so none of the products are really suffering from any quality issues outside of sheer pigmentation.
It’s pretty basic makeup so don’t expect an elaborate look here. It’s a set for making you look awake quickly but not necessarily leaving you completely flawless but more natural and pretty if that makes sense. It’s a set I personally love because I like no nonsense makeup sometimes when I’m rushing or just not wanting to pile on a ton of concealer, BB Cream, blush, eyeshadow, etc…! We all have those days and this is the perfect kit for achieving quick makeup that wakes me up without alot of drama and fanfare.
I was honestly confused by the addition of the “Brightening Concealer” but I’m using it as a cream blush!
The price……ouch…a little high at $28. For a kit like this, I’d love, say, an $15-$18 price tag…the $28 slayed me particularly because the products are smaller, it’s not alot you’re getting here.
- Those wanting quick makeup on the go.
- Those wanting quickie makeup that wakes them up easily without a ton of products to use.
- Teens looking for lighter concealing action.
- Those who don’t use or like to use alot of makeup.
- Those who need alot of effort to look flawless (if you have really severe darker circles or problem skin this might not be the best kit for you).
- Those wanting completely flawless skin (this will make you look alot less tired but it won’t conceal all your problem areas).
I liked this one alot and it was headed onto the Muse Approval list but the price prevented that. I think it’s a nice set for travel or for folks that don’t wear a ton of makeup. The quality is pretty decent although subtle in the pigment department so really if you have ALOT to conceal it might not be for you but if you just want to look more natural and awake, this will do the trick well! I’d like to see Pixi lower the price slightly and that would definitely earn it a spot on my Muse Approval.
It’s worth a check out your next trip to Target, you might just love it.
Available now at Target and Target.com
Anyone try or see it in store?
This review contains a sample product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.