Gareth Pugh for MAC

Gareth Pugh for MAC 003

Gareth Pugh for MAC 002

When creating my makeup collection with MAC I wanted it to be unexpected – creating something truly beautiful, very sophisticated, and incredibly chic but of course – with an underlying edge of darkness and attitude. With a collection that goes from strong, deep and mysterious to light, fragile, and ethereal, I think we’ve created a truly versatile collection that hopefully you’ll be inspired by and want to wear.-Gareth Pugh

MAC Teams up with London-based design Gareth Pugh for their latest collaboration releasing in November. Gareth Pugh for MAC delivers a futuristic yet primal shades in custom geometric packaging gives this collection an edge.

Take a look!

To think Gareth Pugh is to think beautifully distorted, sculptural, otherworldly proportions…avant-garde mash ups of materials (from PVC and Perspex, latex to leather, mink to metal, Gareth reworks them all into breathtakingly original clothes)…an extreme attitude….
In short, no one could accuse Gareth of being conventional.

Or predictable.

Since the same can be said of M·A·C – never shy of pushing a few boundaries – it makes sense that we’ve teamed with London’s most notoriously cutting edge designer to create a limited edition line-up of makeup and accessories. Of course, they’re every bit as unexpectedly sophisticated and big on twisted-chic as you might imagine. Thought a beauty line by Gareth would be all black and white?

Think again!

Cue heavyweight geometric packaging encasing some seriously chic standouts: a duo-chromatic nail polish that flashes from emerald to amethyst. A compact Beauty Powder that turns all skin-tones a sophisticated matte. Lipglasses that go from super-subtle (worn alone) to
statement-making when layered over Lipstick. Lashes that redefine the shape of what a fake lash could, or should, be…“They’re about contradiction and the struggle between lightness and darkness,” says Gareth of how he creates his inspired collections. So too his debut approach to makeup. Every piece is unique, experimental, precious and intriguing (just like Gareth’s designs)…and ready to be played to your lighter (more ethereally natural) or darker (sinisterly sophisticated) side.

Gareth Pugh for MAC Lipstick

• Fervent—Glossy blackened berry (satin)
  • Restrict—Creamy greyed nude (cremesheen)

Gareth Pugh for MAC 011

Gareth Pugh for MAC 010

Gareth Pugh for MAC Lipglass

• Vacant—Sheer light lavender grey with violet pearl
  • Outrage—Sheer berry with blue pearl

Gareth Pugh for MAC 009

Gareth Pugh for MAC 008

Gareth Pugh for MAC Beauty Powder

• Elude—Translucent neutral beige

Gareth Pugh for MAC 020

Gareth Pugh for MAC Metal-X Cream Shadow

• Obscura—Frosty gunmetal grey
  • Ardent—Frosty blackened burgundy

Gareth Pugh for MAC 014

Gareth Pugh for MAC 013

Gareth Pugh for MAC Pigment

• Guise—Frosty grey
  • Deceit—Blacked plum with pink pearl

Gareth Pugh for MAC 019

Gareth Pugh for MAC 018

Gareth Pugh for MAC Mascara

• Studio Fix Boldblack Lash—Blackest Black

Gareth Pugh for MAC 012

Gareth Pugh for MAC Technakohl Liner

• Greyprint—Rich pewter grey with frost
  • Graphblack—Rich graphic black

Gareth Pugh for MAC 022

Gareth Pugh for MAC 021

Gareth Pugh for MAC Lashes

• Flight Lash—Dense, geometric triangle-shaped lash

Gareth Pugh for MAC 006

Gareth Pugh for MAC Nail Lacquer

• Inert—Creamy mid-tone greyed nude (créme)
  • Ascension—Grey with blue violet reflective pearl (frost)
  • Hyper—deep blue with violet pearl (frost)

Gareth Pugh for MAC 017

Gareth Pugh for MAC 016

Gareth Pugh for MAC 015

Gareth Pugh for MAC Blush

• Strada—Mid-tone nude

Gareth Pugh for MAC 004

Gareth Pugh for MAC Square Handled Buffer Brush
A full, dome-shaped brush of extra soft goat hair. Specially created to flawlessly blend powder onto the skin for an immaculate polished finish. Excellent for all M·A·C powders and pigments.

Gareth Pugh for MAC 005

Gareth Pugh for MAC Makeup Bag
Square shaped black bag with signature Gareth geometic print appliqués in black patent; full zipper around perimeter of bag.

Gareth Pugh for MAC 001

Gareth Pugh for MAC releases November 23, 2011 and will be available until December 23, 2011.

• 10/24/11 15:14 Larie:

Loving the packaging! And the purple lippie…

• 10/24/11 15:23 Sara:

Wow, I actually got a little excited. Normally I’m quite “meh” about MAC. There are some things I’ve liked, some things I’ve loved, and only two things I’ve ever purchased. Lip sticks aside (just can’t wear those super nudes, too corpsey), I’m quite liking most of it.

• 10/24/11 15:24 Sara:

….and have to pass on the purple lipstick. I’ve got Prince Noir and that’s as purple as this face can go.

• 10/31/11 1:42 Ruthless:

I KNEW there was a reason I wasn’t buying any of the last 6 months of MAC releases. It’s because I am going to motherhaul this.

• 10/24/11 15:32 divinem (Melissa):

That is some BAD ASS packaging! Is it plastic? Will definitely pick up a lippie or two and perhaps a nail lacquer. That purple gloss looks good, too.

I’ve been waiting for some couture packaging that looks decent. Glitter & Ice sorely disappointed me.

• 10/24/11 15:37 the Muse:

mmm prob heavy metal/resin Melissa. Def going to be luxe ;-D

• 10/24/11 15:33 divinem (Melissa):

Oh, and those lashes are BAD ASS. Don’t know if I’d ever wear them, but I might have to get them just because they’re so different!

• 10/24/11 15:34 divinem (Melissa):

I want to know how that lip was achieved on the model. GORGEOUS!

• 10/24/11 15:39 Sarah S.:

Sweeeet!

• 10/24/11 16:29 Macnunu:

Is this gonna be MAC’s couture collection of the year? I always love the special packaging that those come in but wince a bit at the higher price.
    I might have to spring for those nail polishes tho if they swatch anything like they appear in the promo pic!

• 10/24/11 16:34 the Muse:

mmm yes nunu it looks like that hun! they didn’t give me prices sadly but we can place bets it’ll be higher for sure!

• 10/24/11 18:25 divinem (Melissa):

The only one that really sucked me in was Baroque Boudoir, and I don’t regret it at all. It’s so beautiful, and I always enjoy using it.

• 10/24/11 16:31 haley:

wow! i thought i was excited for glitter and ice, but this is way more my style! especially loving the lipsticks and lipglasses!

• 10/24/11 16:32 Tammie:

Really interested in the nail polishes if IRL they are as pretty as in the bottle…the descriptions made them sound so boring haha

• 10/24/11 18:01 Stephanie Russo:

OMG I am SOOOO lusting after this collection – seriously I thought the Glitter and Ice collection was the shizz, but OH NO – LUSTING!!

• 10/25/11 5:52 Sarah:

This is refreshing! This is what a collaboration should look like, where the artist really makes the brand something of his own. Every piece looks so different from what MAC routinely offers, where as the glitter and ice collection just changed the color of the packaging. Looks fun!

• 10/25/11 11:32 Andrea:

I feel like a terrible Johnny Weir fangirl for saying this, but forget Glitter & Ice, I want everything from this collection! The packaging is gorgeous and I love the colors and shade names. So excited!

• 10/26/11 11:26 LollySue:

The packaging is abosutely gorgeous. I am have been very slow to jump on the MAC train, but I bought my first ever MAC items earlier this year and was sorely disappointed in both and had pretty much written off MAC. However these are so beautiful, I may be convinced to make another purchase.