Jordana Squeeze n’ Shine Super Shiny Tasty Gloss Review, Swatches, Photos
Gather round beauty budget’ers.
Jordana Squeeze n’ Shine Super Shiny Tasty Gloss (OMG that’s a mouthful of a name) is available in three new shades and has the perfect little price tag to fulfill your lipgloss beauty budget sweet tooth…say that five times fast bishes!
….check it out!
A thick, glossy flavored lipgloss for a budget price!
Jordana is one of those brands you might over look but they actually have some rather fun budget products if you’re looking to save a penny or two on your beauty purchases.
They recently added to their Squeeze n’ Shine Super Shiny Tasty Gloss Collection by adding some new colors. The gloss is available in 12 shades and flavors with various finishes. Although I’ve tried Jordana Glosses before I’ve never tried these squeeze tubes.
If you like kawaii packaging these should appeal as each gloss is packaged in a tube decorated with little flowers. The glosses feature a slanted tube and they are Made in the USA. I think it deserves to be mentioned where these are made considering many budget brands have some excellent picks but are typically Made in China which does sway beauty junkies away from an actual purchase.
In my experience with these I’d compare them to one of my favorite glosses of all time, Too Faced Mirror Mirror Gloss. As they are thick and sticky like Mirror Mirror. Honestly, I don’t love sticky glosses but I tolerate them because they make my lips look incredibly shiny and fuller. These have a beautifully glossy finish and a tasty little formula with a slight quirk…get to that in a second…
I tried out the following shades:
- Honey Luau (Sweet honey taste and a beige-y nude shimmer)
- Berry Cute (Berry taste with a cream formula and hint of subtle red)
- Strawberry Icing (Strawberry taste and a creamy, milky shade of nude pink)
- Clear (clear, glossy finish and a fruity, bubble gum taste)
- Be Coralful (creamy, milky coral with fine shimmer and a fruity, bubblegum taste)
- Sugar Lips (glittery pink shade, this gloss has the most pigmentation of the ones I tried. It has a fruity, bubblegum taste).
For the most part the colors are very subtle and provide very little color payoff outside of Sugar Lips which quite reminds me of the MAC Lipgelée (If you slapped this in a MAC tube I wouldn’t realize the difference as the formula is very similar).
The best part of the gloss? The mere $1.99 price tag!
The gloss has a short wear time so touch ups are a necessary evil as it will wear about an hour maybe two if you get lucky. These are pretty tasty but they have a rather odd aftertaste which I felt wasn’t too pleasant.
- Those who liked Too Faced Mirror Mirror Gloss (the wear time is alot shorter here but the gloss as a similiar texture, formula, and finish as Too Faced’s version).
- Those who like thicker, stickier lipglosses.
- Those wanting a nice, thick gloss for topping lipstick or stains with.
- Those who are sensitive to flavored lipgloss.
- Those who want a long wearing lipgloss.
I had issues with a strange aftertaste but outside of that I actually really enjoyed Jordana Squeeze n’ Shine Super Shiny Tasty Gloss. The gloss provides a nice shiny, glossy finish with a hint of color. The inexpensive price tag can’t be beat here plus the fact they are Made in the USA and a budget price should appeal to many beauty penny pinchers.
Available at Walgreens or online at www.jordanacosmetics.com
Share your thoughts!
This review contains a sample product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.