Eyeko Relaunch with New Packaging

new eyeko

The novelty of British brand, Eyeko, was the kawaii packaging and manga style brand mascot.

But Eyeko has grown up!

Eyeko has relaunched with new packaging and is now available at posh retailers like Harvey Nicks and Bendels.

Eyeko

new eyeko 1

The once pink packaging is now being replaced with turquoise boxes and a new pink emblem representing the brand.

Away with the manga theme of the makeup and in with a newer, slicker packaging….

What do you think of the newly revamped Eyeko?

Check it out at eyeko.com

Loves?

Leaves?

Personally I loved the quirkiness of the brand as it was. I need to get used to this new packaging!

• 11/2/11 18:14 Zoe:

I was reading about this on beaut.ie today and unfortunately there has been a mahoosive price hike! Not sure what it’s like in the states though. Disappointed :(

• 11/3/11 10:09 the Muse:

yea zoe :( that’s also a bitch!

• 11/2/11 18:24 Hannah:

I’m really not a fan of the rebranding! I loved the products they used to sell and now they’ve got rid of ALL of them?! How did they think it was a good idea to get rid of all of them! Sorry that was a little ranty!

• 11/3/11 10:08 the Muse:

I was too hannah :( I imagine they’ll relaunch with something new and similar but still sad here :(

• 11/2/11 18:40 Amanda:

The new packaging is cute…but what about the polishes and balms?????

• 11/3/11 10:08 the Muse:

amanda seems they diced those :(

• 11/2/11 19:18 Eve:

Aw, I’ve never had any Eyeko products but I remember being around 15-16 and wanting some sooo bad because of the cute manga girl! Makes me sad they re-did it but I guess brands do what they gotta do…

• 11/2/11 20:06 Karyn:

BOO.

Not only did they change the look but they discontinued fat balm!!

• 11/2/11 22:05 MC:

Meh, I prefer the fun Anime-esque packaging over the new one. It’s what made Eyeko unique.

• 11/3/11 10:06 the Muse:

*nods*

• 11/2/11 22:13 tina:

aww I actually liked the old packaging :(

• 11/3/11 8:11 the Muse:

*raises hand* ditto tina!

• 11/2/11 23:26 Jen:

Its too boring for me :(

• 11/3/11 0:20 Stellar:

Lovely transformation!

• 11/3/11 6:32 Misato-san:

on the website they have alavaible only 12 products, nothing of interest aside from the fact I see mascara at 18 euros… not the kind of price they had previously. Not a good sign.

• 11/3/11 8:21 Sarah S.:

I liked the old packaging as it was rather unique, but the new is pretty, too so I have no complaints :)

• 11/3/11 22:43 Kristen:

No complaints? Not even with the outrageous change in price?

• 11/3/11 14:06 Jessica:

Totally bummed :( I’ve been using their cream since the day it launched over a decade ago.

• 11/3/11 22:42 Kristen:

This is awful. Not the Eyeko I used to love! I agree, boo to changing the products as well as the look! They should have just made a sister company! :(

• 3/21/12 11:38 Kate:

Yeah I am super bummed too! (I know this is a late reply to this but I somehow missed this post!)

I ranted a little about it in my blog. But I was excited to find out that Sephora will be carrying their products. Yipee! But I think the appeal of their brand (for me at least) was the SUPER cute/kawaii packaging and the anime girl. ;___;

Bummer. Hopefully their newer look and more expensive prices = better makeup performance. While cute packaging def sells me most of the time when it comes to cosmetics, functionality is important too. I don’t care how cute something looks…if it SUCKS product-wise, I will never reach for it in my make-up stash! I did love Eyeko products but there are always a handful that didn’t quite cut it for me and now they’re molding away in my stash, lol. But I really loved their eyeliner, for instance, and their nailpolish, so those are my most used eyeko items. Their blush is almost too pigmented for me and I end up over applying every single time lol.

Alas!