Lorac Cream Eyeshadow Collection

Lorac Cream Eyeshadow Collection

I never need an excuse to place an order at Ulta but the Lorac Cream Eyeshadow Collection seems like a great excuse to place one.

I need this set in my life, it’s $12 and oh so different for Lorac.

Jump!

This limited edition collection features six pearlescent cream eyeshadows that you can use to line or shade eyes. The bullet shaped packaging allows you to swivel color up to reveal a shimmering chubby shadow that glides across eyes. All six shades are housed in a black compact.

The best part?

The sweet $12 price tag.

Yes, please, I’ll take one.

Available now at Ulta.com

• 11/29/11 15:27 Carrie:

I picked this up on Black Friday. Really cute!

• 11/29/11 15:28 the Muse:

i wants too!

• 11/29/11 17:47 winni:

I want tooooooo!

• 11/29/11 17:49 Lyn:

I bought these but they made my eyes itch so I brought them back. First time I tried Lorac (and probably the last), but that’s how the makeup dice roll sometimes. :)

• 11/30/11 2:52 Rose:

Any Swatches? I’d very much appreciate it. I LOVE Lorac =)

• 11/30/11 8:52 Margaret:

I bought an almost identical set of these many, many years ago when Sephora was still a rather new company. Hmmm, must have been over 15 years ago!

Anyway, I loved the way they looked in the packaging but the formula was absolutely lousy; it was thick and sticky and didn’t blend well *at all*.

I’d be really interested to hear if they have improved on this product!

• 11/30/11 8:53 Margaret:

Wait, maybe not 15 years ago, but close.

• 12/2/11 2:26 Melissa:

I snagged this on Black Friday. I have no idea why Lorac dubbed these “cream shadows.” They’re not. They remind me more of a bullet shaped shadow pencil than anything close to a cream shadow. But once I adjusted my expectations a little, I find that I quite like these. Here are a few thoughts!

1. These are on the small side. The shadow portion is about the size of my pinky fingernail. But I guess for $2 a shadow, that is not unexpected.

2. They are definitely dry when thinking of these as a “cream.” Comparing these to other cream shadows, they do not measure up. Comparing these to other shadow pencils, I find them to be of descent quality.

3. I love the color selection- white, cream, beige, plum, dark brown, and black. The white is shimmery, and it shows up subtly. It works great as an eye brow or inner eye corner highlighter. I don’t think I will have much use for the dark brown or the black. I personally have a hard time blending cream shadows into the cream, so I generally only apply cream shadows to the lid. But the cream, beige, and plum shades work well for this! All of them have a subtle shimmer, no glitter overload. I love both the cream and the beige, and the plum is great as well… but I’ve always been a sucker for purples!

4. These don’t provide good coverage at one swipe. It definitely takes a few swipes to get the full color effect.

5. It’s super cheap and definitely travel friendly! Always a plus!

I can’t say much about how well these wear throughout the day. I will say that when I swatched these on my arm, they survived through soap and water really well. I had to pull out the makeup remover to get them off. I haven’t worn these for more than a few hours at a time. That has nothing to do with the shadows, just my mid-day gym, shower, makeup x2 routine. :)

Anyway at $12 they are definitely a steal!

• 12/22/11 13:04 Julie:

Does anyone know where I can find this eyeshadow kit? I got one on black Friday, and I LOVE it!!! Now, I can’t find it anywhere, and I want more!!! Why did they sell this sample if they aren’t going to carry it?