A Closer Look at the Stupid Coolness that is the Lorac Unzipped Palette

Lorac Unzipped Palette1

I’m wee bit excited about the Lorac Unzipped Palette.

This one is on my Spring wishy list.

Here’s a closer look to drool over!

Lorac Unzipped Palette 11

Lorac Unzipped Palette 2211

Lorac Unzipped Palette 222

Lorac Unzipped Palette 21

Slay me!

I need this palette in my makeup loving life.

Available now at Sephora.com

• 1/26/12 12:57 Candee:

I agree. Must have!

• 1/26/12 13:02 Regina:

This has been on my Sephora wish list ever since it arrived on their site. I’m getting it in February and hoping their 100/500 point perk items are better than what they have been!!

• 1/26/12 13:05 Larie:

This is on my wishlist, too! It looks amazing and like a go-to easy-day makeup palette.

• 1/26/12 13:17 JenJ:

It’s purrrrty! *chants* i do not need anymore neutral shadows! gah! *hides*

• 1/26/12 13:21 Brooke Lehman:

I wanna see it side by side with the Naked Palettes cuz I feel like all I have are neutral palettes!

• 1/26/12 14:00 Twirishlady:

Gah! Killing me!

• 1/26/12 14:07 Christina:

This palette reminds me a bit of nude’tude from thebalm. Just a bit. And I need more neutrals in my life like I need a hole in my head…but I so want this :o

• 1/26/12 14:58 Lisa S.:

I am soooooo wanting this. Must have in my greedy little hands………….

• 1/26/12 16:28 kiwikiwidragon:

Oi, me too!!! It';s even better close up!!

• 1/26/12 18:26 Nikki:

I want this so bad! Good thing valentines day is coming up. hehe

• 1/26/12 18:38 Andrea:

Beautiful! I have more than enough neutrals, but this is calling my name…

• 1/26/12 20:46 Jess:

This colors look gorgeous…WANT SO BAD! D: Do you know if it is part of the permanent collection?

• 1/26/12 23:22 the Muse:

le jess :-/

• 1/28/12 18:00 Jess:

Darn! My wallet is crying XD

• 1/26/12 22:53 Daniela:

Crap…Why WHY!?! Why can’t I stop buying nude palettes?!

• 1/26/12 23:05 Kathleen:

I want to see this in person–it looks beautiful!!

• 1/27/12 0:41 Blair:

Oh man…the closeups of this are gorgeous!

• 1/27/12 4:49 ann:

hi! ive been wanting to get a neutrals palette but can’t decide! and this looks great too. ive been thinking either naked 1 or 2 or now maybe this lorac one. Ahh. suggestions?

• 1/27/12 10:19 Majick:

From what one of my fav SA told me:

Naked I = more brown tones
      Naked II = more grey tones

I have not seen Naked II yet but I much prefer the packaging to the velvet. I also like the idea of a double ended brush with it.

BOth LORAC and Urban Decay have great shadows. Just my opinion (and I wear and love both) but I think LORAC is a little more finely milled than UD. It seems that their products are geared to work a little better on more mature eyes. Not that they won’t work on younger women – goodness knows you kids can wear just about anything and still look good. LOL

Good luck in whatever you decide and I hope you end up with the perfect palette for you!

• 1/27/12 10:15 Majick:

In the pictures some of the colors look similar. I’m going to Ulta this afternoon since my coupon expires on Saturday and I hope they have this so I can do a little swatching. I heard they just got in naked II as well.

If they have both and I can be sneaky with the testers, I’ll try to swatch and send you a pick to post. can’t make any promises but I’ll try. :-)

• 1/27/12 10:32 the Muse:

thanks majick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 1/27/12 15:00 Majick:

ok, here’s the dealio – Sadly, Ulta did not have the big Unzipped. And I ended up walking out with Naked II! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? lol, I swore I was going to wait on this one because I couldn’t get it for 20% off. One look and I lost all sense of right and wrong. HAH

ANYway… What Ulta did have is a little Unzipped kit with 4 colors in the palette. It comes with one of the new glosses in an LE color, a plum blush, and mascara.

I couln’t swipe the little 4 because it was a bit of a madhouse and about 900 degrees – is this really winter?

Here is the ulta link: (if it’s illegal then, everyone knows how to look stuff up on their site. :-))

I also picked up some new Smashbox Products – lippie (Melondrama – OMG GOOD) the latest cream blush/highlighter in Inlights, and the shadow palette. beautiful

• 1/28/12 6:19 Jazz:

I now want this instead of Naked2. I dont need any more neutrals , but um this is calling me. I think this is what I wanted the naked palette to be

• 2/24/12 14:25 Majick:

UPDATE: I caved and got this for my b-day. OMG – it isn’t like either of the nakeds. (you guys can thank me later LOL)
    My take on this one is, some of the colors are similar to the naked colors but none match any of the colors from the two nakeds. I think it compliments the two palettes.
    LORAC “looks” seem to me to be softer? or more romantic? and Urban Decay is more edgy and dramatic?
    I don’t know if I’m even making sense but I will say this:
    THE LORAC UNZIPPED PALETTE ROCKS!