Face of Shiseido Jennifer Connelly

Face of Shiseido Jennifer Connelly

Shiseido has signed Jennifer Connelly as the newest spokesperson and face for its premium skincare line Future Solution LX. I’m pretty up to date on my Asian beauty but I didn’t know that Jennifer actually already did a campaign with Shiseido in 2009 in Asia.

Shiseido says, “We believe that she portrays the essence of the Future Solution LX line perfectly and that her inner and outer beauty will inspire our customers.”

As for me? I associate everything Jennifer Connelly with Labyrinth.

What do you think?

Loving her as the face of Shiseido?

Not so much?

Who would you pick?

• 2/7/12 9:57 Cj:

*yawn* morning muse.

I had to google who she was lol, she’s been in a bunch of movies but I guess she’s forgettable to me lol. She is pretty tho. I don’t use much Shiseido products, only thing I really use from them is their facial cotton, which is pretty awesome IMO, doesn’t leave little bits all over my face lol. I’ve been meaning to try their men’s line of skincare, they have a couple products that look really interesting

• 2/7/12 10:26 the Muse:

good morning second that yawn for me, total zombie today!

omg you never saw labyrinth? rent it, immediately ;-D! it’s the bestest ;D!

• 2/7/12 10:02 Nana:

I like her :D and Labyrinth is my jam!! Everytime ive asked someone if theyve seen it they’re like “….uh….. what?” LOL! And I’ve had a crush on David Bowie in that movie since i was like 5 O_O

• 2/7/12 10:25 the Muse:

me too lol me too! ;-D David Bowie in skin tight pants umhhhhhmmmmmmm

• 2/7/12 10:46 eight:

I find her so beautiful, a classic beauty along the lines of Kate Winslet. I liked her in Requiem For a Dream, quite a leap from Labyrinth haha!

• 2/7/12 11:02 the Muse:

lmao indeed!

• 2/7/12 11:01 Missy:

That’s one of my favorite movies :D David Bowie = YUM. If I were her, I’d have stayed in the Goblin City with him ;-)

• 2/7/12 11:02 the Muse:

hells YES! I always thought she was stupid for living!

• 2/7/12 12:09 lexi:

It’s only forever
    Not long at all
    Lost and Lonely
    That’s underground, underground

I love that one :)

• 2/7/12 12:10 the Muse:

me too. sigh!

• 2/7/12 12:43 Sara:

Guh, I love Jennifer Connelly so hard. Ever since Labyrinth!!! Then after that I also think of “The GOOD Hulk” with her and Eric Bananarana and how freaking beautiful she is.

I actually just rewatched Labyrinth (it’s well past a dozen viewings, more if you count how many times I’ve started in the middle) last month! Sweet! The Goblin city might just be more appealing once you get older! It’s like “yeah, I’ve sorta looked around this joint and there are no goblins and Ludos here so….I can livez in Goblen Citeh, yes? Dance and sing with ‘Teh Bowiez’, yes?” :p

• 2/7/12 12:45 the Muse:

lol sara…!

• 2/7/12 13:27 Ida:

Oh yes Jennifer Connelly = Labyrinth! :I’ve seen her in ‘serious’ movies but I still always associate her with Labyrinth. I saw it as a kid and I thought it was absolutely magical. D

Her being the new face of Shiseido is unexpected to me, but I’m fine with it- she’s gorgeous!

• 2/7/12 14:03 kiwikiwidragon:

I had to get on the Labyrinth band wagon here, watched it on demand a few months ago with DH, he hadn’t seen it from start to finish. I didn’t realize i was giving away all my catch phrases and one liners…ooops! HBO on demand either had a bad copy, or they need to restore that or convert it to digital. I love this movie so hard and it looked so bad visually. I think I need it on DVD and can make a better judgement. Didn’t lose my love for it at all, although, I can still say her acting ability leaves something to be desired in that flick. The picture she did after it was better, as far as her acting talent, not the overall movie itself, the one in Target whose name escapes me right now.

• 2/7/12 16:29 Xail:

I completely forgot about her, to be honest, though she’s quite pretty. Whenever I see her, I think of “Requiem for a Dream”. (Great cinematography, but that movie freaks me out. If lectures in health class or watching “Intervention” on A&E didn’t help, then “Requiem” will most certainly keep a person from ever trying drugs.)

When I was watching “Requiem”, I thought that I had seen her from somewhere else, but couldn’t figure out where. Now I remember that she was in “Labyrinth”! I really need to watch that movie again, it’s been ages since I last did. David Bowie works a pair of tights (or pants, or whatever they were) like no one’s business…

• 2/7/12 20:26 TK:

I think Jennifer Connelly is a good choice! Her face is even a bit similar looking to the previous model (at least in my opinion it is). She definitely has the sort of look I would associate with Shiseido.

I absolutely LOVE the Labyrinth! I even did the ballroom scene from the Labyrinth as an art project in college. Its the movie that keeps on giving! Besides, Bowie is sexy. The pants. Oh, the pants! I can never get tired of the Labyrinth.

• 2/8/12 11:01 the Muse:

oh the pants….the pants are amazing LOL! what sort of project that sounds interesting TK!

• 2/8/12 22:12 TK:

I believe the project was to create a movie poster. At first I was gonna do Disney’s Sleeping Beauty but I decided that the Labyrinth would be soooo much cooler and it gave me a good excuse to watch the Labyrinth again. That ballroom scene was so memorable! It looked lovely in water color with Sara and Jareth dancing around the ballroom!

• 2/9/12 10:05 the Muse:

aw that sounds amazing tk! ;-D I’d love to see that painting/drawing!

• 2/7/12 23:05 Lexi:

Meh for her as a spokesperson. Giant happy dance for Labyrinth though!!!

• 2/8/12 13:45 Plamka:

Michelle Yeoh (even though she’s not as young as Jennifer) – i somehow always asociated her looks with Shiseido. And since im a new follower of yours i would like to ask you- have you tried the HadaLabo super hyaluronic lotion everyone’s so crazy about? you’re doing a great job here:) hugs!

• 5/5/12 14:37 christmas:

Shiina Ringo would be a good spokesperson. I know she has been in some ads for them but I think of Shiseido as classy, mature (in a good way), and Japanese… which is how I think of Shiina.