In Memoriam: Marcel Nars Passes Away

in Nars

marcel nars

Marcel, was brand creator, Francois Nars’ french bulldog. He was 15 years old when he passed away a few days ago. You might recognize his sweet little face from promo ads he was featured in for the brand, dare I say, he sometimes wore the NARS look better than the models themselves.

Aw RIP dear Marcel. Your photos brought such joy to my NARS makeup life.

Hope you’re living the life under the Rainbow Bridge.

Being a pet owner and all around animal lover I’m hopeful Francois and the NARS family are doing ok after their loss, it’s never easy losing a dearly loved pet. My heart and love goes out to them.

• 2/28/12 11:20 Jeanne:

I was so sad to hear about this on NARS’ Facebook page :( But 15 years is pretty good for a dog and he looks like he had a long and happy life which is the most important thing.

• 2/28/12 11:24 Cj:

Aww :( poor puppy. My dog Sasha is getting up there too, she’s 11 or 12. We have to take her to the vet every 2 weeks for some kinda allergy shot, if we don’t she ends up biting so bad she starts bleeding.

• 2/28/12 13:05 the Muse:

aw i’m sorry cj, hate hearing stuff like that breaks my heart :(

• 2/28/12 12:21 tina:

Aw R.I.P.

• 2/28/12 13:16 Ruth:

It’s hard to loose a beloved pet, they become such a huge part of everyday life. I recently lost my Cleo kitty after 13 awesome years with her and it leaves a huge hole in your life. My heart goes out to Francois.

• 2/28/12 13:48 the Muse:

i’m so sorry ruth, it’s never easy :(

• 2/28/12 14:22 Lulubelle:

He was a handsome boy. I’ve got 3 dogs, and they are family.

• 2/28/12 15:05 the Muse:

aw I have two dogs and two cats ;-D and a bird haha…! what a family! i’m so sorry about your loss, it’s never easy but at least you can shower love on your pups and let them comfort you :(

• 2/28/12 16:32 tigress:

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a pet, it’s the hardest thing to go through. They are our family, our children, and our best friends. I’ve gone through it more times than I care to remember and will go through it again and again. The pain sucks beyond the telling of it, but I’ll never stop opening my heart up to animals in need.

Rest in Peace, Marcel.

• 2/28/12 16:35 Dominique:

So sad for you, he was a good boy. I have cat too, It’s so terrible when our beloved pets pass away. Thinking oy you.

• 2/29/12 22:53 Phyrra:

He was so adorable.
    My deepest sympathies to Mr. Nars.

• 3/1/12 3:56 Nunuiviet:

I wanna cry, I had sort of a postcard which was in fact an ad with marcel pic on it. He looked so georgeous. I’m a big fan of French and English bulldogs. They’re the most adorable dogs in the world!