Beauty Most Unusual: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Matte Lip Balm

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Matte Lip Balm

Typically, I think, we reach for lip balms to moisturize our dry lips but how would you feel about a matte lip balm?

Beauty Most Unusual?

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Matte Lip Balm is a new shea butter lip balm with a smooth matte finish. They say lips stay moist and protected with use but I’ve personally always found matte finishes terribly drying.

Contradiction in the lip balm world me thinks!

What do you think?

Are you up for a matte lip balm?

Think it might prove pointless?

Do share!

Available now at Bath & Body Works.

• 3/15/12 12:24 chibi:

maybe for men that want lip balm but dont want the girly shiny finish?? i dunno..lol

• 3/15/12 12:28 the Muse:

true that could work lol! seems so odd right?

• 3/15/12 19:42 gabriella:

That’s what came to my mind first! I was like “hmm, my boyfriend might like this…” Lol

• 3/15/12 12:36 Joyce:

When I first read the title of this blog post, I thought it was an oxymoron. However, I think the company meant to say that the lip balm doesn’t have a glossy finish, but instead a matte finish. I think the company should just market it as a no shine finish instead of matte finish because when I hear the word matte, I associate it with drying, which is not what I want in a lip balm.

• 3/15/12 12:48 Tina:

I’d buy it! I love Co Bigelow Mentha products.

• 3/15/12 12:54 Sarah S.:

Forrrr dudes!

• 3/15/12 13:36 breyerchic04:

I wonder how it’d work to moisturize and then use as a base under lip products you don’t want to slide around. It’s not like it’s going to be super expensive, I’ll buy it.

• 3/15/12 13:37 Michelle:

If it actually works this would be great for my husband. Except he’s always losing lip balms and stealing mine. :)

• 3/15/12 14:32 Miri:

Usually the matte lip balms are aimed at guys. The don’t want a shiny finish on their lips. It’s not really unusual I have some. I don’t find them as moisturizing but they are not drying either.

• 3/15/12 15:18 Marina:

I’m wondering if these could be put on top of a normal lipstick to make it matte without the drying. One can only hope.

• 3/15/12 16:38 Frankie.N:

Well, I guess you dont have these in the US. Here, in ON, we have tons of matte lip balms. I dont think they’re drying but they aren’t as moisturizing as glossier ones. They have a more balm-ey feel to them.

• 3/15/12 16:58 Jia:

I just recently bought this lip balm in Vanillamint and it is super moisturizing. It is very thick and creamy (but not gloopy) and it has a matte finish. I would say that this isn’t for those who like the “water-like” moisturizing texture, but I’m in love with this. Plus, it gives a little minty tingly feeling.

• 3/15/12 19:50 Taylor:

I like this idea, I like matte lips look beautiful! Actually I can’t stand glossy lips, I make all of my lipsticks into stains when I wear them. :D I’d love to try this product!

• 3/15/12 21:04 Arwen:

Well I’d certainly give it a chance. I love CO Bigelow stuff :)

• 5/7/13 22:13 Joya:

these are AMAZING!! i swear by the red one! its the only lip balm i like wearing, its like you’re not wearing anything! i have such a hard time finding them but i intend to stock up! would love to try the other one too