Dita Von Teese Art Deco Makeup Collection

Dita Perfume

Dita Von Teese, the absolute definition of elegance, recently launched her first fragrance abroad. I hope and suspect we might see this new fragrance around Fall 2012 if at all in the United States. I’m keeping my finger’s crossed that Sephora picks it up.

Also in the works is a Dita Von Teese Makeup Collection which has had me quite hyper since the original info started circulating.

Here’s a first look at the new Dita Von Teese Art Deco Makeup Collection launching in May.

I love Art Deco but a little saddened this is a collobrated effort. I actually thought she’d be doing her own line. Secondly, if she is collaborating I didn’t expect it to be with a brand like Art Deco…hmmm…and thirdly, we probably won’t be able to take advantage of this collection since Art Deco releases are far and between here in the US. P.S. I think the packaging isn’t quite what I’d envisioned for Dita.

Dita Von Teese Art Deco Makeup Collection

But like this guy (I mean seriously this guy can sell me anything), Dita can sell me snow on a hot Summer day.

I feel so alienated from all the beauty Dita is releasing lately. Sadness! Bring your goodies to the US Dita please.

images via Dita Von Teese’s Facebook Page

• 3/12/12 11:06 Jane:

Any news on her beauty book? I’ve looked and looked and haven’t seen a thing!

• 3/12/12 11:44 the Muse:

not much deets sorry jane but I suggest following her twitter she leaks alot of goodies on there!

• 3/12/12 11:34 Eli:

YAY!!!

• 3/12/12 12:09 Bonnie:

I hate to say this, but it looks somehow cheaper than I expected. When I heard she was working on a makeup line, I pictured something glamorous, like Besame cosmetics, but with more blacks and sparkles in the packaging.
    I probably would still check out the line, but as you say, ArtDeco is hard to find here.

• 3/12/12 12:19 the Muse:

Bonnie same here. I expected more. Dita’s such an incredibly classy lady, I didn’t think she’d settle for something like this :( but heck yeah, I’d still buy too but I doubt we’ll find this our side of the planet :(

• 3/17/12 22:27 ruthless:

Well, she’s a burlesque dancer-I wouldn’t exactly call her classy. Stylish for sure.

I think it’s a step in the right direction, partnering with a company that has great formulas already rather than trying to launch an entire collection on her own.

The packaging reminds me of mobsters and pinstripes from the 40′s which is kind of her look.

• 3/12/12 12:13 Michelle:

Wow, what’s up with the packaging? I would have expected something better if Dita Von Teese was trying to brand herself with makeup. I was surprised with Kat Von D, I personally don’t like her but her marketing team did a great job designing her eyeshadow palettes (I eventually caved and bought two.) I agree that the packaging could have been improved here…it could have looked far more elegant.

• 3/12/12 12:18 the Muse:

*nods* AGREED! Considering Dita on a whole the packaging can only be described as meh…!

• 3/12/12 12:22 Leticia – Cosmetics Aficionado:

Color me a little disappointed too. I would expect something from Dita to be more along the lines of Estee Lauder’s Mad Men collection. AND, I hate that it is an overseas release lol. I wish companies could all go global, so no one in any country has to be given the shaft lol.

• 3/12/12 12:32 the Muse:

AGREED! very vintage-like. Totally Dita. yeah, agreed :( Art deco is occasionally sold on HSN so maybe we’ll get lucky!

• 3/12/12 15:36 jennifer Lee:

She needs to do a MAC collection!!

• 3/12/12 15:58 the Muse:

yes! she was spokeswoman for viva glam which was lovely ;D

• 3/13/12 5:20 Mary:

Haha… the guy that can sell anything is simply amazing :D thanks for sharing

• 3/13/12 9:10 the Muse:

lol right?

• 3/13/12 13:21 Pedi Spin:

Thanks for the look into the new Dita Von Teese Art Deco Makeup Collection. Interesting packaging.

• 3/13/12 13:33 the Muse: