Is MAC Reel Sexy or Reel Creepy? MAC Reel Sexy Video Launches with a Reel Creepy Vibe!

The new MAC Reel Sexy Collection is set to launch shortly and in honor of the launch they’ve posted a video starring the promo model, Kristen McMenamy.

What do you think?

Reel Sexy?

Or just Reel Creepy…?

Her facial emotions are just freaking me out and making me cringe, it’s the hardcore makeup they have on her that’s doing it. Her soulless eyes remind me of Dalia’s from Suburgatory.

MAC Reel Sexy 2012

• 3/26/12 13:41 Allie:

Definitely Reel Creepy. I’m going to have nightmares!

• 3/26/12 13:46 Nikki:

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! I’m going to have nightmares! That was so creepy!!

• 3/26/12 13:49 the Muse:

LOL right?! Her expressions are just so odd ;-D it’s the makeup that really makes it bad.

• 3/26/12 13:54 Nikki:

Yeah, I think it’s the caked on white foundation and streaks of two toned blush that scares that and her facial expressions. And the evil laugh at the end. Oh and the psychotic music didn’t help!! Haha

• 3/26/12 13:55 the Muse:

haha ;-D and the fact that her eyes water up and the makeup is JUST on the verge of running ;-D!

• 3/26/12 13:57 Nikki:

Oh wow I should have read that before I posted! Lol I need more coffee

• 3/26/12 14:02 Sarah S.:

Such a strange promo, made even stranger by calling it “sexy” realllly? I think this would be easier to swallow if the collection were actually called “Reel Strange”

• 3/26/12 14:06 Cj:

Reel creepy x_X Is it just me or did she kinda look like Pam from True Blood? Maybe I’m just crazy lol.

Only a couple more days till skin smoother!!! God I can’t wait lol. I don’t suppose you got a press sample early :O? I won’t tell ne1!! Lol :P

• 3/26/12 14:09 the Muse:

oh yea kinda cj! she does…! ;-D not yet damn them! ;-D I suspect I’ll see it Wed or Thursday ;D!

• 3/26/12 14:18 Naomi:

I think they wanted to go for an artistic approach but it just went south from there. I feel like MAC needs to realize that the everyday woman that buys their collection items does not find this appealing. When I first saw it I was just like WHY!? Oh and Muse if you read my comment, I was wondering if you could tell me the name and address of the Asian shop in Queens, where you buy the Lily Bell Patting Cotton… thanks!

• 3/26/12 14:25 the Muse:

mmm I agree naomi def artsy but turned into ACK! ;-D oh sorry, I am a bit behind in comments, did you already ask? EEP! apologies. I don’t have the addie at the moment but it’s located on Northern Blvd. It’s called Reki or Raki Beauty.

• 3/26/12 15:09 Naomi:

Yeah I did ask already lol. I just thought that with all the stuff you gotta keep up with that you might of missed it. Thank you once again!

• 3/26/12 15:12 the Muse:

I’m so sorry. I am about 500 comments behind ;-D I try to get to the new ones first (they pop up first in my dashboard) and I go through the older a little at a time. I’m a stinker for keeping up lately. Apologies in advance ;D!

• 3/26/12 14:42 Michelle:

I totally second this, Naomi. I loved the Iris Apfel collection because it was a great example of how older women can still rock a great makeup look, and so many other MAC collections are great, but it seems like a lot of others are just too damn surreal for me to be interested in. Who knows, maybe I’m just a boring suburban chick. :)

• 3/27/12 18:33 Kittie:

I’m an “everyday woman” and I really like concepts like these. MAC has variety in their collections. If this does no appeal to you they will have a collection soon afterwards that does. And if not, there is always the permanent line.

• 3/26/12 14:22 Christina:

Reel creepy…

• 3/26/12 14:36 Kaylyn:

Creepy for sure! I’m not sure where the marketing dept was going here but ummm somebody needs to get it together or perhaps try another field…

• 3/26/12 15:00 caroline:

That was reel bad! I know they are going for an artsy/fartsy feel and look but…who is going to wear those color combos everyday? Maybe if you were going to a drag show or dressing up like Nikki Minaj. The model is beautiful and creepy at the same time. But I’m not feeling this collection at all. I’m saving my hard earn money for the Tres Cheek collection. They will all be mine!! =P

• 3/26/12 19:46 Nikki:

Artsy Fartsy!! Haha!! That’s exactly what I was thinking!!

• 3/26/12 15:13 Andrea:

wellll not creepy but to loooooong and tooo slooow I had to fast forward
    it to see what ihis finish was

• 3/26/12 15:21 eight:

I’d hate to take her out to the movies.

• 3/26/12 16:25 Ashley:

WTF MAC? This would give kids nightmares.

• 3/26/12 22:40 Licheenut:

this only served to completely eliminated any lemmings I may have had (lemmings for MAC are getting more and more rare–however, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the ad.

• 3/27/12 2:41 Melissa:

………runs….hides under bed..the boogie man won’t find me here. Wow that was creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3/27/12 18:22 Miss D:

Kristen was a major supermodel in the ’90s…I have loads of pictures of her with some of my fav models. I know she’s a girl and I mean no disrespect but…she’s always looked like a man to me. And her figure isn’t cute either! XD

• 3/27/12 18:29 Kittie:

They obviously made it creepy on purpose. I like that. My question is why did they name it “Reel Sexy”? Did they have/release the name before they had the concept? repromoting a LE lipstick from a couple months prior seems like yes.

• 5/31/12 19:10 Jane: