MAC Fashion Sets Collection 2012

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 2

Lips and tips seems to be the trend of the season. Brands are embracing a matchy-match trend that pits gorgeous lip shades against matching nails of the same color.

I tend to play the match game with my eyeshadow and shirts all the time so why not nails and lips?

The MAC Fashion Sets Collection brings together Lipstick, Lipglass, and Nail Lacquer in an array of coordinating shades that are sure to please.

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 1

MAC Fashion Sets Lipstick $14.50

• Myth Light neutral nude (satin)
  • Snob Light neutral pink (satin)
  • Spice Mid-tone neutral nude (satin)
  • Girl About Town Bright blue fuchsia (amplified)
  • Russian Red Mid-tone neutral red (matte)
  • Rebel Mid-tone cream plum (satin)
  • Chestnut Rich chocolate brown (satin)

MAC Fashion Sets Lipglass $14.50

• Myth Light neutral nude
  • Snob Light neutral pink
  • Spice Mid-tone neutral nude
  • Girl About Town Bright blue fuchsia
  • Russian Red Mid-tone neutral red
  • Rebel Mid-tone cream plum
  • Chestnut Rich chocolate brown

MAC Fashion Sets Nail Lacquer $16

• Myth Light neutral nude (creme)
  • Snob Light neutral pink (creme)
  • Spice Mid-tone neutral nude (creme)
  • Girl About Town Bright blue fuchsia (creme)
  • Russian Red Mid-tone neutral red (creme)
  • Rebel Mid-tone cream plum (creme)
  • Chestnut Rich chocolate brown (creme)

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 8

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 9

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 7

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 6

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 5

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 4

MAC Fashion Sets Collection 3

The MAC Fashion Sets Collection launches on counter May 3rd, 2012 and is available now online at www.maccosmetics.com

Will you be embracing the lips and tips trend?

• 4/26/12 13:20 Cj:

Not for me :S I don’t like any of the colors

• 4/26/12 13:23 the Muse:

me either, all kinda dark and dank with a little mod.

• 4/26/12 19:24 T:

There’s still hope yet, there will also be sets for:
      Angel
      Saint Germain
      Razzledazzler
      please me
      pink nouveau
      ravishing
      peachstock
      impassioned
      morange

• 4/26/12 14:42 Kate:

I love this concept. I can’t explain why, but I love matchy-matchy. I really like that photograph.

• 4/26/12 14:51 Susan K:

I usually match my e/s to shirt also. Glad I’m not the only one hehe

• 4/26/12 15:05 the Muse:

hells yes, I do it all the time. I read on makeup forums how it should be against the law lol but frak that ;-D I do it why not?!

• 4/26/12 18:18 Becca:

I don’t know. These are pretty and all, but I’m not really excited at all (which has been the case with about 90% of MAC collections lately. There’s just SO many! I can’t even keep track of them, let alone get excited about them)

• 4/26/12 19:52 Brittany:

This seems like…TOO matchy matchy for me.

• 4/26/12 23:40 Quinctia:

This sort of thing would never work for me. I hardly ever paint my nails a color I’d be willing to wear on my lips! Maybe a nice duochrome pink jelly with microglitter that could have a matching gloss, that’s as close as I could see happening.

• 4/27/12 1:10 cat:

Not my style but I’ve been wanting to try a drugstore fuchsia lately to decide whether or not the trend is for me. Any suggestions, ladies?

• 4/29/12 12:30 christmas:

revlon lip butter in lollipop is a great fuschia, also Maybelline Super Stay 14 hour lipstick in Eternal Rose are nice drugstore lipsticks. :)
      I love fuschia!

• 4/30/12 19:14 cat:

thanks :)

• 4/27/12 1:13 Suzanne:

What color is the model wearing? Is it rebel? I’d kill for that shade!

• 4/27/12 10:07 TIffany C.:

I believe that is Rebel but some of the girls on MUA have said that it doesn’t look like that irl.

• 4/27/12 10:06 TIffany C.:

Hi MUSE!,
    Jsut wondering if you know of a color in MAC that looks the way Morange does in other promo pics of the models lips and nails? I like the color in the pics but when i googled Morange it’s this OMG BRIGHT color that i could never pull off at work. I’d need something more toned down like it is in the pics. TIA!

• 4/27/12 10:07 the Muse:

I’m not sure I get your question tiffany…you want to know if it looks the way it does in the promo pics? Is that the question?

• 4/27/12 10:12 TIffany C.:

sorry muse, i don’t think i worded that correctly. When i googled Morange it’s a very bright neon orangy color and in the promo pics it’s not neon at all. So i was wondering if MAC had a color that looked more like the promo pics of Morange.

• 4/27/12 10:18 the Muse:

oh sorry tiff I got confused ;-D I’m not really sure, maybe head to counter? I’m positive that a MAC MA prob knows a good color that looks more like it. Also don’t go by swatches/photos you see online. Depending on your monitor, etc…it could look different in person!

• 4/27/12 10:22 TIffany C.:

ok thanks muse! i’m going on vacation to during Memorial Day weekend and i know there’s a counter where we’ll be going so i will ask :)

• 4/27/12 10:23 the Muse:

sorry! wish I could more helpful but sadly I don’t have access to all of mac’s lippies ;-D so can’t really compare them off the top of my head….! most of the ones I own are LE so I don’t want to rec those as a dupe.

• 4/27/12 10:32 TIffany C.:

that’s okay :) out of curiousity which ones are your faves?

• 4/27/12 10:33 the Muse:

i don’t have any yet, haven’t tried any of these shades :)