What’s the Most Expensive Tinted Moisturizer You’ve Never Tried?

Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer

What’s the most expensive tinted moisturized you’ve never tried?

Mine, Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer at a whooping $70.

Btw…

Why the hell is tinted moisturizer always so expensive?

I never could understand why the price tag is $42 and upwards for a mid-range tinted moisturizer. Heck, sometimes they are expensive than the actual foundation a brand offers.

What the hell?

I’ve never tried a $70 one that’s for damn sure.

But who knows maybe Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer is worth every single penny!

What’s the most expensive tinted moisturizer you have and haven’t tried?

Do share!

• 4/30/12 13:28 Josh :D:

I’ve swatched this in store Muse, and it’s HELLA luxurious feeling. If my skin was drier, I’d splurge on it. However, I could never justify the $70 for Lancome’s new TM. Also, the Hourglass TM is totes worth the $55 since it can be used sheerly as foundation or built to a full coverage foundation.

• 4/30/12 13:30 the Muse:

stop creating lemmings! you’re so bad for my wallet ;-D I got the new hourglass primers, you’re right, LOVE!

• 4/30/12 16:42 Josh :D:

Awesome! It’s an amazing product — I’ve been using it under my eyes and on my lids daily and don’t want to live without it now!

• 4/30/12 13:38 Libby:

AHHHH!

got this email from sephora too and i ordered it as well so the answer to your question is…the amore pacific one too T__T lol. i love the brand and it’s worked well for me thus far so i’ve got my fingers crossed that the tinted moisturizer works too!

my current most expensive one is probably the laura mercier oil-free ver and it didn’t work out well for me :\ made my face even greasier for some reason!

• 4/30/12 13:39 the Muse:

haha it was what’s the most expensive tinted moisturizer that you’ve NEVER tried Libby ;-D hehehe!

• 4/30/12 14:41 Phyrra:

I’m not sure which one I’ve never tried. I will sheepishly admit I bought the NARS tinted moisturizer .

• 4/30/12 15:40 Deb:

OK Muse, don’t laugh but…..I tried several different TMs and none ever worked for me. Too dark, too sheer, too oily, too dry, blah, blah, blah. So one day I got the idea to mix some of my Clinique loose powder foundation with my Kate Somerville moisturizer. Weird, huh. And guess what? Turned out to be the most perfect TM ever. Dunno know how a powder foundation mixed so well with regular moisturizer, seems like it would have been a gloopy mess. But it’s awesome. Try it sometime when you’re feeling all mad chemist like. It’s obviously not cheaper due to the price of Kate’s products but I bet it would work with many far less expensive products.

• 4/30/12 15:47 the Muse:

I LOVE playing mad scientist deb ;-D I’ll give it a whirl hehe ;-D

• 4/30/12 17:05 LeAnn:

Ooh the funny thing is, a Kate Somerville brand educator taught me a trick similar to that! She said that if you love the feel of a mineral powder, but it’s too dry, to mix it in with some of their Quench serum- and voila! She said it would buff on beautifully, glad to hear it worked for you!

• 4/30/12 19:24 Laci:

I love, love, love Amore Pacific, but I don’t think I’m going to make the splurge. I have a newish tube of NARS that an awesome friend sent me. That said, I do own a bottle of Le Metier’s Peau Vierge tinted treatment. That makes this $70 price tag look like a bargain. :/

• 4/30/12 21:08 Hope In A Blog:

The Amore BB Cream is worse – it’s about 90$

• 4/30/12 21:09 Hope In A Blog:

the La Mer tinted mositurizer is pretty expensive too!

• 4/30/12 23:52 valentinasugar:

Oh my gosh Muse I can’t believe you wrote on this!! I was just in Sephora the other day trying everything on. Cuz I just like to slap everything on my face when I’m in there. I came across this and I was like what…$70 dollars??. I tried it on my face and I was like WOW! I’ve been thinking about it ever since. I’m so going to buy it. I was going to buy it today but I might stop in to Sephora tomorrow. I don’t wear that much makeup so I can justify buying this. I love it! One of the sephora ladies put it on my face. I suggest you give it a try.

Do you recommend a tinted moisturizer that you absolutely love?

• 5/1/12 10:08 the Muse:

hi valentina good to hear how nice this is! Mmm one of my fav’s is def LM and I really like UD’s too.

• 5/1/12 0:51 Quinctia:

The one above, for sure! The most expensive I’ve had are Smashbox’s and UD’s, though I bought the first with a coupon and the second off of HauteLook, so didn’t pay full price for either.

I’m pretty much sold on Asian BB cream for when I don’t want full foundation, there is no point to pay TM prices when I can get BB cream for half the price, which includes shipping it from the other side of the world!

• 5/1/12 11:30 Christine:

I’m currently in love the NARS tinted moisturizer, which I ordered online at beauty.com when they were doing their 20% off deal. I love the way it goes on and I honestly think my skin has actually improved over the last month!

• 5/1/12 16:36 stef:

I tried the new Lancome Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift
    at Sephora…sooooo gorgeous but $75!! what the heck??

• 5/1/12 16:43 the Muse: