Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette Swatches

Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette Swatches 4

I know many of you are eager to hear about the Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette ($60). I’m working on my review and it’ll be up shortly but since I’ve gotten so many requests for swatches I decided to post those first.

Have a look!

Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette Swatches 3

Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette Swatches 2

Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette Swatches 1

The Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette is part of the Desert Twilight Fall 2012 Collection and features eight shades of eyeshadow and a dual sided brush for application.

These swatches are very sheer but I think colors should prove buildable on lids but I have to test a bit more before I know for sure.

Did you grab this palette up yet?

Thoughts?

Available now at bobbibrown.com or at your favorite Bobbi Brown counter!

• 7/3/12 10:07 Sara:

Fallout???

• 7/3/12 10:09 the Muse:

hi sara mentioned in the post I haven’t tried yet. just swatching today, review upcoming :)

• 7/3/12 10:10 Makedonka:

After LORAC Unzipped I lost interest in nudes :) the Unzipped satisfies all my needs {gasp!} :)
    More Navajo anyone? :P (sorry had to throw that one in)

• 7/3/12 10:18 the Muse:

no Navajo in this one makedonka ;-D

• 7/3/12 10:36 Makedonka:

Isn’t that Navajo top row 1st on the left? Or you are just pulling my leg ;)

• 7/3/12 10:48 the Muse:

pulling your leg lol what would a bobbi palette be without navajo!? hahah!

• 7/3/12 10:51 Makedonka:

:D … hey, my limits/tolerance for Navajo had been reached – to be honest it is almost a turn off to read “Navajo” … :P
            {duck under desk}

• 7/5/12 10:10 the Muse:

lol no I totally know what you mean it’s kinda the stila kitten of the bobbi brown world!

• 7/3/12 10:21 Sara:

Looks more pink than nude

• 7/4/12 15:11 Christina:

ya I dont think this is a nude palette either. I think a major pink (eye) makeup trend is coming up. Lisa Eldridge did an awesome video shortly ago. She often presents makeup trends right when they are about to emerge on the market (although I am sure she knows about them long before).

• 7/3/12 11:25 Sara Elisabeth:

I have soooo many nude palettes at this point that I can’t imagine buying any more!

• 7/3/12 11:39 Aylin:

doesnt look that good to me oo

• 7/3/12 11:59 Suselew:

Even if I was buying BB right now, this appears to be another of her poorly pigmented powder shadow palettes. She does good cream shadows, but someone needs to reformulate her powder shadows.. and then get her stuff out of China!

• 7/8/12 16:49 Scentabulous:

Yup … Very little pigment here, sorry to say. Had it, returned it. Sad.

• 7/3/12 12:36 Lauren:

I bought it last week and have found that there’s a real range in color payoff. The shimmer shades in the corners—Water Color Pink Sparkle and Twilight Pink Metallic—are super light and sheer, but the center shades (particularly the top two, Twilight Metallic and Pink Dusk Metallic) are very pigmented. Navajo is Navajo is Navajo and Cement is a nice taupe. The dark one is obviously for liner (or smokey eyes for adventurous types!). Other than the fact that all the shade names are mix-and-match combos of the words “dusk,” “twilight,” and “pink,” which is very confusing, I looooove this palette. It’s super duper gorge on my green eyes, Er, if I may say so. I’m still trying to decide whether to get the mini brush kit…

• 7/3/12 13:14 Arlene:

I talked to the MUA at Bobbi Nordy’s and she said that the idea is to layer the shadows– to get a “diffused light” effect as one would when the sun hits the eyes. I have not been able to play with it yet but I ordered it (they had run out when I went). They are sheer but they are meant to be that way. I imagine they would look nice with strong lips.

• 7/3/12 14:07 Anna:

I was on the fence about this palette too. I swatched it at the counter and literally saw no color on my skin. But Ive been useing Bobbi Brown lately so I decided to give it a second chance and have one of her visiting MA artists have a go. She did such a beautiful cat eye using only this palette, I purchased it and have been using it everyday since. IMO its different than other nude palettes and I have both UD Nakeds, Too Faced, MAC- tons of other similar palettes. I even returned the Buxom Nude in Swing I had just purchased because I liked this one so much better. Its more of a mauvey nude rather than a brown or beige nude… Anyway, just have a MA try it on if your even considering it because it is quite lovely on the eye. Sorry for rambling on ;)

• 7/3/12 16:30 Taryn:

It doesn’t look great, but does remind me a little of the shimmery palettes we see from Japanese brands, so maybe it will turn out to be better than it looks.

Bobbi’s shadows have never been my favorites though. I like her cheek and lip products mostly.

• 7/3/12 17:56 Taylor:

I want this so bad!! I’m a sucker for nude/neutral palettes, but the colors look so similar and I feel at this point, almost anything I buy will have a dupe in my collection.

• 7/4/12 0:58 Becca @ The Beauty Sample:

Yeah…not really enough smoke–all nude/pinks and a touch too much sparkle for my taste. Will pass on these, but I WANT those lip/cheek tubes!

• 7/4/12 5:24 Maisie Lau:

I cant wait for this to release in Malaysia. Only coming end July, bummer!

• 7/4/12 7:37 Angie:

I wore this again yesterday – on my first wear I thought it too sheer, but yesterday I layered the shades more. They are definitely buildable, and it was a completely different look for me than my UD Naked palettes or any of my other nude sets.
    Lorac Unzipped did not work for me – the colors came off too red on me – but this one definitely works. I paired it with the new shimmer ink but the other day tried the dark shadow as a liner and really liked that too.
    I should also mention that this was my first BB palette, so it was all new to me :)

• 7/4/12 9:53 madii:

Boring!

• 7/4/12 12:42 Mindy:

Just from the swatches I think I’ll pass.

• 7/8/12 13:31 amy:

It’s pretty, but it’s very similar to a Lancome palette I’ve had for years, and never use. (I can’t remember the name right off, because I never use it.)

• 7/9/12 1:24 ashley:

personally i find most nude pallets to be too light for my medium complexion. Had to return the Naked 2 because of that. But the original naked pallet suits my needs fine!

• 7/10/12 10:05 Caroline:

Boring and very ordinary, just like most of Bobbi’s overpriced shadows

• 7/15/12 11:56 Merengue:

I absolutely love the colours in this palette. Only the price puts me off a little. And I wonder if you can find the same shades at Inglot, for example. xx

• 8/6/12 14:46 Yogi:

Are the colours cool toned? I can only wear cool tones (or I´d look like a clown) I think I want this pallet (Call anything “Twilight” and I´ll buy it! ;-)