Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches 15

Good Morning!

Yesterday my Jill Stuart Patisserie Collection haul arrived from Japan. I was tweeting a few pics in excitement.

Today I thought I’d do a few swatches and follow up with review soon after.

Yay?

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches

Let’s take a look at the two limited edition shades of Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact.

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches 1

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches 7

Oddly I’ve heard some blogs dubbing the Jill Stuart Patisserie Collection a Summer one but from my understanding this is a Fall 2012 Collection.

As you can see from the name it’s inspired by a French bakery and the decadent cakes and desserts you’d find it one.

I hope to walk into a bakery one day and run into the likes of Kim Jae Wook, a girl can dream.

I’m not a huge fan of Jill Stuart Mix Blush but I decided to haul these in the hopes the shades would pair up nicely with other pieces in the collection. The compacts are white with etched lacing and an attached brush for application. Traditionally the Mix Blush Compacts are a mirrored silver affair but I find the white very fitting for the “bakery” look they are going for.

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches 2

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches fig tart

Fig Tart

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches 13

Jill Stuart Patisserie Mix Blush Compact Swatches berry tiramisu

Berry Tiramisu

These are sheer but that’s not a surprise considering my past experienced with the Mix Blush Compacts. I’m in the process of testing them out so I’ll bring you more thoughts in my final review shortly.

What do you think?

Any shade capturing your interest?

I haven’t seen online shops carrying these yet (one of my very best friends lives in Tokyo and she purchased some of these for me) but I’ll update with information as they become available.

• 7/10/12 10:16 Miss D:

Ah! You haven’t mentioned Kim Jae Wook in a long time (to me, he is very similar to Japan’s Tetsuji Tamayama, who I actually love even more!). You know, I bought this movie and I still haven’t seen the whole thing…I just kinda skipped around to the parts that caught my fancy! I’ll definitely have to bring it out and look at it this weekend. Thanks for the posting the clip and the swatch photos! :)

• 7/10/12 10:30 the Muse:

LOL he deserved a shout out today ;-D swoon! Tetsuji Tamayam is cute but doesn’t do it completely for me. If I didn’t know better I’d think he was Japanese, KJW that is. omg why!? watch it. It’s cute although the anime is better. my pleasure chica!

• 7/10/12 17:33 Miss D:

Yeah, some lucky girl recently married Tetsuji…and she’s apparently just a commoner like us (ha, now I’m talking about him like he’s royalty or something)!! :P Anyway, I’m getting that show Mary Stayed Out All Night and KJW is in it along with Jang Geun Suk- which I finally realized yesterday that I adore him too! My goodness, there’s just too much loveliness in Asia! :)

• 7/10/12 10:46 Sai:

I love Berry Tiramisu!! It’s a bit sheer, looks very natural on face. I also tried Fig Tart in the Jill Stuart counter, I prefer Berry Tiramisu.

Love the sweet scent of this blush!

• 7/10/12 10:47 the Muse:

i liked the berry to sai, the fig tart was a little too frosty!

• 7/11/12 4:38 plue:

based on your swatches, Fig Tart does seem frosty! am picking Berry Tiramisu! Hopefully Taiwan will get them soon :D

• 7/10/12 10:48 K:

lovely as always!
    the Patisserie collection’s bakery soft and pinkish motif looks more spring than autumn to me :P

• 7/10/12 10:49 the Muse:

too true k…but I think some of the warmer beiges and nudes do translate well for Fall ;-D

• 7/10/12 11:16 Kiss & Make-up:

I’m not a big fan of mixed blushes. I prefer all colors neatly seperated from one another.

That said, it looks cute. The colors look good too, especially the two middle shades.

• 7/18/12 11:05 Patricia:

Dear muse,
    Berry tiramisu , is it pink under tone ?

• 7/18/12 11:33 the Muse: