Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Shades

Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Shades 5

Maybelline has some new limited edition shades of Baby Lips available in duo packs at Walgreens (they might be at other drugstores too but I’ve only seen them at Walgreens so far).

There are three duos available one of which has original shades.

Take a look!

Maybelline Baby Lips LE Shades

Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Shades 3

Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Shades

Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition Shades 2

One set contains two LE shades one of which is a nice orange and the other contains an LE shade and an original shade.

I didn’t pick them up but I thought they’d make some nice stocking stuffers for the Holiday. I don’t really like Baby Lips, they are ok, but all the hype around them really puzzles me. It’s just a lip balm…shrug!?

• 9/27/12 18:11 Janine:

I soooo want them! all of them!

• 9/27/12 18:12 Camille:

Cute packaging. That’s all the hype. Lol.

• 9/27/12 18:15 Becca @ The Beauty Sample:

I actually really like the Baby Lips balms, surprisingly. I didn’t get the hype either, but one day I was at CVS and saw the blue one and figured why not–I was almost out of my beloved Jack Black balm anyway. I wanted something that I could use easily during the day and that had SPF. They aren’t SUPER special and amazing I suppose, but they work well and are easy to use and contain a nice amount of SPF. The blue one has a nice smell so I will continue using it. I am curious about some of the other ones now, so these duos look great! I’m really liking that last one with the 2 LE shades. I can’t remember the last time I went to Walgreens, but I think a trip is now in order :)

• 9/27/12 18:28 Michou:

I grabbed the Coral/Pale Pink set and really like them. Then again, I really like Baby Lips and am a general lover of tinted balms in general. I also find them a great base for lipstick, too. :)

• 9/27/12 18:57 Brooke:

Oooh the light blue tube and coral tube look interesting! I have issues with tinted lip balms, though. I am somewhat careless when applying and usually not in front of a mirror and end up looking like a clown. I have the regular blue one with SPF, no tint and actually like it. Balms are really hit and miss, though. Blistex used to have one called DCT that I loved that came in a jar but it’s hard to find now…I usually just keep going back to my old Rosebud Salve standby. The EOS lip balms or whatever they are called which everyone hypes about are a whole different story! I thought those things were awful!!!

• 9/27/12 19:59 Rani:

I adore baby lips!! I’m gonna start looking for these :)

• 11/3/12 10:48 Kate:

I need to get these going to Walmart at like 10:00am this morning so excited. I already have 3 perment colors pink punch, cherry me , peach kiss. The limited edition flavors are twinkle pink wink and coral crush right?

• 9/27/12 20:26 Jessa Stromberg:

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one that doesn’t understand all the hype around them! Personally, if I want a balm, I whip out my Nivea one, or if I want color I go for the Revlon Lip Butters.

• 9/27/12 20:28 Judy!:

Do you like these will be available at Target?
    Will make great little gifts!

• 9/27/12 21:43 OrangeLipstickBlog:

I have the two that are in the package with the blue label. The clear is nice but the pink is way too mod for me and looks ridiculous on my face. I like to put the colorless one on my lips before bed sometimes. My sister is obsessed with these!

(I only have them because Maybelline had the Great Lash packaged in with a tube of Baby Lips and it was actually cheaper to buy it that way!)

• 9/27/12 22:18 Cali:

One of the most overhyped products in recent memory. I picked one up that came with a bonus Great Lash mascara…should have been my first indication. I think Great Lash is overhyped too. (hides)

• 9/27/12 23:17 Kmmyp:

Interesting! I just bought the neon ones :)

• 9/28/12 0:55 Stellar:

I don’t really get them either, the most pigment I have gotten was the pink one but I found it unflattering on me.

• 9/28/12 1:46 Lauren:

I don’t see what’s so amazing about them, either. They’re exactly the same as Nivea’s lip balms, in my opinion. I mean, they aren’t BAD, but they aren’t anything special and certainly don’t deserve raves, especially if your lips have much pigment at all.

I’ve tried the clear peppermint one, bright red cherry, bright pink fruit punch, and the purple grape flavors. I threw the pink one out after the first application, since it didn’t show up on my lips at all. I’ve still got the other three, but I only get the very slightest tint from both the red and purple ones. It’s not nearly the amount of pigmentation that I’ve heard people raving about.

If I’m going to buy a drug-store tinted lip balm, it would probably be one of the Burt’s Bees line, since they seem to wear longer on me.

• 9/28/12 2:37 Kate:

I am one of the people who completely loves these! I guess they just work with my body chemistry. In fact, I put on the clear “quenched” as my staying-at-home-not-wearing-anything lips. I put it on every time I brush my teeth, and I put it on as a base underneath any other lip product. Last but not least, I apply this liberally before bed. If I don’t, I wake up with a split lip. Yes, I am weird.

My lips are a “Never-Nude” and Baby Lips is the answer. (Arrested Development, anyone?)

I also love the tinted ones when I am actually “wearing make up”. So all in all, I have gone through a ton of tubes since this product had its debut.

So it goes without saying that I am getting these. :)

One more thought about the awesomeness of quenched. My two kids use these at night,too. But they only need a nightly lippie in the Winter months, not like their weird Mom. If my five year old gets a little over-enthusiastic with his application and wastes a bit, I don’t have to sweat it because the price is right, AND I wait for sales.

• 9/28/12 5:16 Marie:

I think they’re okay too but I do like the flavors. I can’t tell what the LE flavors are but I’m interested in the one with two LE shades! Grrr. My Walgreens isn’t stocking the cool stuff yet. Even the Villains ELF palettes are on a high shelf out of reach!

• 9/28/12 9:42 Crystal:

I like them. I have four of them because of a sale. I still find myself just using Chapstick more often though.

• 9/28/12 11:11 Kelly:

How much are these? I don’t have any Walgreens near me so I need to go on an adventure to look for them.
    I actually love Baby Lips. Before them, NOTHING works for me. I even used medicated lip balm and my lips still chap and bleed. When I started applying Baby Lips before I sleep, not anymore!
    I just rip open the package and threw it away..I didn’t know it contains SPF until now. lol

• 9/28/12 11:41 Karrie:

I kind of want to try these but, I am picky about my lip balms. I read your review and I am leaning towards not bothering. I need something that actually moisturizes. I like the fact that it has a high spf. I put spf on my face, I guess I should put it on my lips.

• 9/28/12 13:54 Corinne:

ur not the only one who doesn’t care for them! to me it made my lips drier and maybe only gave an hour or so of moisture…i like my EOS better. plus i like all the looks i get when I pull out the egg haha

• 9/28/12 15:59 Nala:

OMG I MUST have the light pink one. I think it’s called Twinkle?

• 9/28/12 18:18 Cindy:

Yeah, I do like these, but I still reach for my burts out of habit. :P

• 9/29/12 1:11 Saiba:

I actually really like baby lips. Especially the peach one. It’s a great touch up/moisturizer for me as I love peachy shades. I like the coral looking shade they have there. I’m probably gonna get these XD wouldn’t have known otherwise though thank you Muse :D

• 9/29/12 10:17 Katie:

I love these! Running to Walgreens now…

• 9/30/12 7:04 TinaWirely:

The new colors look temping…hope they have this in Canada.

• 9/30/12 14:38 cat:

The last set is the one that appeals the most to me. I’m kind of mad about orange/coral lately. But yeah, I haven’t tried Maybelline Baby Lips and am I kind of confused as to why everyone is raving about a lip balm. Then again, I hate eos lip balms so I might just be in the anti-lip balm faction.

• 9/30/12 14:40 cat:

I do really love the Covergirl gloss balms though, so I’m not completely anti-lip balm. Apparently I’m just not into the brands other people love.

• 9/30/12 20:15 Hillarie:

I like them because they smell nice and are cheap, but I can live without them. I’ll still probably check out the LE shades anyway :)

• 10/1/12 15:39 Teiva:

I like them because they are moisturizing…and tinted. The Burts Bees ones dry my lips out!

• 10/2/12 0:54 Melanie:

OMG!!! I have been on a lip balm/chap stick buying frenzy lately so I will continue to stalk all the local Walgreens until I finally come across these bad boys, for I must try these new colors!!(well “local” being relative in that Im referring to a 50 or so mile radius…so, probably like 20+ stores….lol)Anyway, since I have tried just about every one there is out there (working at Ulta helps the cause alot!!!:))and even though I will/must add these to my stash very soon, I can totally get your indifference to Baby Lips…they also arent my favorite by any means, but I will say that compared to the majority of the other balms/chap sticks out on the market right now, they have the most product in the tube…especially for the price!! I mean, the first time I got one I thought I was never gonna meet resistance when turning the bottom of the tube!!!! I swear it seems like it goes on forever!!!HAHA…And I agree with cat above….EOS is the worst!! I feel like after applying what should be 75 layers but really feels like 1 waxy half-layer when its all said and done, I should be good to go for at least an hour or so….nope…blot once and its gone…and I admit I have small/ex small lips however i still think the ball design is awkward and bulky even for the Angelinas out there…I end up with more “product” around my mouth than on it!!! Ok, thanks for letting me vent for a minute!!! LOVE your blog….always the first one I check EVERYDAY, several times a day!!!

Melanie :)

• 11/1/12 16:35 Elisabeth:

I really love my blue baby lips (I think “Quench” is the name). It took a while to get used to; at first it tasted like plastic but now it feels like liquid goodness! I also got the one in Cherry Me and don’t really like it. It’s really pigmented, and I just don’t like pigments, but I think it would be good for somebody who does. I think I might try out the last limited edition combo one. The teal one looks good, although I’m not a great fan of the orange.

• 11/20/12 11:25 JYMA:

I LOVE BABY LIPS! At first they did dry my lips a little bit. I guess now they are used to it. I bought the LE Coral Crush /Twinkle for the Twinkle color and I ended up LOVING the CC. It does not come on orange like it looks. The bright pink ones were TOO much color for me, I just ended up blotting some of it on then applying Quenched or Peppermint (the clear ones). It toned down the color. I also like that you get a lot of balm in the tube for the price. If you are between fair skin and a medium like I am try the Coral Crush, Grape Vine, and Peach Kiss. I get the most compliments when I wear these.

• 1/5/13 10:55 Yosr:

Ugh I want these soooooo bad I haven’t tried them yet but I hear they work great and there for a low price omg my mom won’t let me go though (I heard there for 3-4 dollars)

• 1/14/13 21:36 Audrey:

I can’t find the limited edition ones ANYWHERE!! I have been to EVERY Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS in my area and can’t find a SINGLE limited edition anywhere! I’m in California! Any ideas??

• 2/2/13 13:18 Sarah:

I have every single baby lips made except pink punch. I have the limited edition ones and I got them at Walmart. You can order them online! Good luck :)

• 2/23/13 10:49 Alyssa:

THANKS SO MUCH! I AM IN MARYLAND AND I AM GOING TO LOOK! THNX!

• 2/23/13 11:20 the Muse:

my pleasure alyssa!

• 3/14/13 14:31 alcia:

Where can I buy limited edition

• 3/14/13 14:34 the Muse:

they are out drugstores now

• 12/20/13 17:45 persone:

WHERE DO U BUY THESE?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

• 6/30/14 20:03 Reece:

So great I have babylips crystal in beam of blush (new collection that came out) then rose rush from pink’ed collection (limited) and cherry me, quenched, peach kiss from the original collection and just peachy from Dr. Rescue collection! They are tied for my favorite with EOS 10/10 recommend