Pantone Color of the Year 2013: Emerald

Pantone Color of the Year 2013

And the Pantone Color of the Year for 2013 is…drum roll…Emerald! Last night Pantone announced that the color of the year would be Emerald so expect Spring and Summer 2013 Makeup Collections to let loose da GREEN!

I was more excited about last year’s tangerine shade to be honest…emerald I’m a little meh on.

Pantone calls it “Lively. Radiant. Lush….A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well being, balance, and harmony.”

What do you think?

Sephora still has an ongoing contract with Pantone so I imagine we’ll see a gorgeous collection featuring this shade for either Spring 2013 or Summer 2013.

Do you love the color?

Embrace it for your makeup looks?

Do share!

• 12/6/12 10:49 Yavanna:

Emerald make me think of wizard of oz and the new Disney Movie… Isnt there a Urban Decay Edition coming up for the new movie?

• 12/6/12 10:50 the Muse:

ah hadn’t heard that hope it is true ;D

• 12/6/12 10:49 Joyce:

Tangerine was so different because you can do eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks with it. Emerald is like…eyes and nails only. We’ll see!

• 12/6/12 10:50 the Muse:

that’s VERY true!

• 12/6/12 11:21 AmberM:

I thought the same thing that Emerald is limited where you would apply it as a makeup color for every day. Though my gosh. . .I am hoping that Sephora will do an amazing line of Emerald liquid eyeliners. If they did a range of Emerald liquid liners the same way they did the Tangerine nail polishes? Oh my!

• 12/6/12 11:36 Melody:

Agreed! I don’t care for that color even in my wardrobe! Teal or Mint but not Emerald, blech! :/ I wonder what were they thinking?

• 12/7/12 1:02 amy:

Why would Emerald be “limited” to eyes & nails? Who said it couldn’t be used on the lips? Just becase you would choose not to do it, that doesn’t mean others wouldn’t. I, for one, would prefer Emerald lips to *anything* orange, but I have no problem with the creation of the products.

• 12/7/12 10:08 Danielle:

I have teal lipstick, called Apocalips, from a prestigious UK brand. Trsut me, any color can go on lips!

• 12/7/12 12:56 Kristyn Sellars:

Lime Crimes new green lipstick is just killing me to have…I would love love love green lips compared to orange any day.

• 12/6/12 11:02 Littlecreek:

EMERALD! True, it will be limited to eyes and nails, but this will work so much better for my skin tone. The tangerine collections looked horrible on me so I spent an entire year looking wistfully at beautiful displays without being able to partake. This I should be able to have fun with!

• 12/6/12 11:20 Tennyoceres:

Looks like 2013 is the best year to be a Taurus. I’m loving my green eyeshadows and nail polishes lately thanks to the holidays. It’s going to be great to see more variation for green colored makeup options.

I don’t know if the Sephora/Pantone brand would be crazy enough to do an emerald lipstick, but I know Illamasqua would!

• 12/7/12 10:09 Danielle:

Such as their Intense lipgloss? One from The Theatre of the Nameless was green, wasn’t it? ;D You know they will have something crazy beautiful for Spring/Summer.

• 12/6/12 11:24 Debster:

I looooooooooooove greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!! This particular shade looks extremely cool to me. I wonder how they’re going to use it for a warm complexion!

• 12/6/12 11:32 Deeds:

I love it! I could not do tangerine (yellow tones make me look dead, or undead), but jewel tones are great!

• 12/6/12 11:40 isabella:

eyes and nails

lips not so much

• 12/6/12 11:53 Ivana:

I love green, specially emerald. & on my eyes it’s my favorite color! :D i love it cause it really pops my brown eyes & makes my skin look better too. idk what it is, but I’m loving it

• 12/6/12 13:24 K.B.:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!! As long as they stay away from lipstick (lol), BRING ON THE EMERALD!

(Sorry for all the caps)

• 12/6/12 13:48 Mimi:

Oh, I love this! I have green eyes and a very pale/fair winter type complexion. Emerald green is one of my most favorite colors of all time. I liked the Tangerine, but it’s not a color I can wear convincingly. Yay Emerald!

• 12/6/12 13:49 Lemony Licks:

I think green looks good on my eyes, so maybe I can actually get something from this collection! Orange in general is just hard to work with for me unless I am tanned.

• 12/6/12 13:52 Amy Amethyst:

Yay! I like this better than tangerine cuz I can’t wear anything orangey without looking sick. I can barely pull off a peach lipgloss.

• 12/6/12 13:57 Vi:

I love this color! I’m actually kinda hoping they release an emerald lip color; I for one would totally embrace that. :D Other than that, I’m really crossing my fingers for some amazing liners in this shade!!

• 12/6/12 14:40 Jen:

Huh. I love green, but emerald isn’t my favorite shade of it, LOL.

• 12/6/12 15:39 KC:

It’s my birthstone, so I’m into it!

• 12/6/12 16:31 LINDARRAGNAR:

Maybe I am stupid but, I do NOT think Emerald would look good with my blue eyes! :) tangerine was much more fun!!!

• 12/6/12 16:34 katie:

I love emerald so this is very good news indeed! I can’t wear tangerine so last year didn’t work for me. Feeling a strong urge to repaint my nails a sparkly emerald green now!

• 12/6/12 17:27 Stephanie:

Hmm, this is a lovely colour, but it would suit me better if I still had my natural hair colour. I’m very fair-skinned with very dark brown brows and hair… but right now my hair is purple! So I’ll have to be careful how much emerald I wear or I could come off looking like the Incredible Hulk! (Not that he’s emerald, exactly, but still.)

• 12/6/12 18:07 Patricia Couto:

One word: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!

• 12/6/12 21:45 Vail Valley Girl:

I like green. Think that they will do Jungle Love sort of them?
    I also like emerald green for the holidays and St. Patrick’s Day.
    Thinking a lovely liquid eyeliner like Stila’s would be wonderful.

• 12/7/12 0:56 amy:

Well, I guess for all of us who couldn’t (or, in my case, *wouldn’t) do the whole Tangerine thing, this may be a great thing. For those who loved the the Tangerine, but don’t care for this one, will know how the rest of us felt last year. I’m loving the Emerald, personally, and I think it will be a great deal more universal than the Tangerine. Honestly, I thought it was a bit tacky, but I really hate orange.

• 12/7/12 2:12 Caroline:

YESSSSSS. I am not a tangerine kind of girl so I skipped all of that this year, but emerald? WHY YES SEPHORA I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.

• 12/7/12 7:32 Kaitlyn:

I LOVE emerald! I always have a hard time figuring out how to wear it on my eyes though. Any other color I can work with just fine, but not emerald. So I’m looking forward to learning new tips and tricks on making it work! :D

• 12/7/12 15:40 Cindy:

Green to me is one of those colors that really looks good on anyone, so I’m pretty excited about this. I hope Sephora and Pantone come up with some really fun products, and not just for the Eyes and Lips! I can’t lie, if they came up with a green lipstick, I would rock it!

• 12/7/12 17:37 Sydni:

OMG, soooo much better for makeup than tangerine!! I better start saving my money now…. :)

• 12/7/12 18:35 Iris:

I predicted the new colour was going to be cobalt blue. This one is very nice as well. I think I’ll be wearing it as an eyeshadow colour, and I immediately purchased tights in this colour right after I heard the news!

• 12/10/12 11:12 Caitlin:

Oh, ick. This is literally my least favorite color. Well, saved from LE collection lemming I suppose.

• 12/13/12 12:15 Holly:

Green is my favorite color, so I am excited about being able to find lots of green in the upcoming year!