Lorac Mint Edition Palette for Spring 2013

Lorac Spring 2013

The new Lorac Mint Edition Palette for Spring 2013 should catch your eye if you’re a pastel shadow lover. I’m seeing a trend this year of pastels for Spring. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a traditional trend but last year there was a heap less pastel and more “I’m going to Aruba in a Tube” type collections that features bronze-y shades with gold touches, ya know, Spring break type collections.

This year, seems we are heading back to pastels and in that case the Lorac Mint Edition Palette should serve us well if we’re embracing such a trend!

This retro chic palette contains cool eye and cheek shades for a classic, feminine Spring look.

The Mint Edition Eye and Cheek Palette contains a variety of eight matte and shimmer eye shadows and a blush and face highlighter with a shade of Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick to accompany it all (Retro, a nude pink shade).

Lorac Mint Edition Palette
Shades:

• matte ivory
  • matte beige
  • matte mint
  • matt blue green
  • matte black
  • white pearl shimmer
  • taupe shimmer
  • plum shimmer
  • rich brown shimmer
  • Highlighter in Luminous Pink Pearl
  • Blush in Peachy Pink

Now this is a change for Lorac as they typically favor warmer shades of color with most all their collections. The Mint Palette def veers towards the cooler spectrum of the rainbow.

This lovely little creation will be $42 and launching shortly for Spring 2013.

I’m not sure I can pull it off.

Can you?

• 1/8/13 12:47 Celine:

I was excited when you mentioned pastel shades, but the shades look boring to me except for the matte mint and the blue green.

• 1/8/13 12:47 Bethany:

Love the colors – love the blush AND shadows in the same palette for once, but I don’t really like the packaging… I like more simple, streamlined packaging for my palettes… I am on the fence now, but I’m not going to kid myself; may end up buying!

• 1/8/13 12:57 Agata:

It’s funny, I was browsing sephora website today and saw this and meant to send you the link and then I got busy at work and forgot. I like this palette, it looks very fresh and spring-y.

• 1/8/13 12:58 the Muse:

see? great minds think alike ;D

• 1/8/13 12:58 Debster:

This reminds me of that Clinique gift set but it had the round pans.

• 1/8/13 13:28 Jen_m_sunshine:

I really like this but was thinking of the number of new NYX eye palettes I could get for this price!

• 1/8/13 14:50 Laura:

That picture is so 80s!! I love it. I can’t pull it off – but I love it

• 1/8/13 18:32 Daisy:

Love the colors but was I, too, was thinking that the picture looks like something out of Vogue 1980.

• 1/8/13 15:01 JoElla:

Laura you are so right! Same boat, love it, but I don’t think I can pull this off either.

Oh well, I just barely busted out my Lorac Pro Palette, so I know this will be an easy pass for me.

• 1/8/13 16:05 Littlecreek:

Those colors are pretty much the textbook of what would look good on me (mint green might be a stretch) but like a previous comment, NYX has soooooo many goodies and this palette does not trump all the things I want to try. If NYX had not done such a great job, this prob would have been my spring purchase.

• 1/8/13 21:04 Phyrra:

Wow, I want to see this swatched. What a great looking palette.

• 1/8/13 21:56 Robin:

Agree with the others, NYX is more tempting with all their Pallettes. This Lorac item is calling to me. Thank goodness!!

• 1/8/13 22:27 LINDARRAGNAR:

I really am keen for this blue green color! its so hard to find the right shade, and its extremely hard to find one that is pigmented!!!

:) I hope this is great!

• 1/8/13 23:32 amy:

Yay! I can easily pass on this one (I can’t pull off pastels; I have fair skin, but *really* dark hair & eyes, and my wardrobe is black & jewel-toned). I love that the Spring collections all seem to be veering toward pastels; I can finally focus on some of the core pieces from NARS & LORAC that I’ve been lemming.

• 1/9/13 9:38 Liz:

This looks like it was made for me. I look best in cool tones and pastels can really float my boat, so I may need to suspend my no-buy for this.

• 1/9/13 11:02 Majick:

Someone mentioned the 80’s and I said, “oh yeah, I wore those colors to my neices wedding in I think 1984?”

I’m not really tempted by this one but I do think the colors are great. I think they would work for a variety of skintones because of the beiges and blacks. The mint could be used as an accent color if not all over. Maybe to brighten the corner of the eye?

WHile I like the inside of the packaging, I do think the outside is a little fussy? It reminds me of the Tarte palettes that have all the studs, charms, etc. They look nice but don’t stack well. I have a few LORAC palettes and love the colors in all of them but I have to say the most streamlined were the chocolate bar ones from the holidays.

• 1/9/13 13:07 Tres:

I think the Makeup Academy (MUA) Eyeshadow Palette in Pretty Pastels is waaay better…though no cheek colors.