NYX Butter Gloss for Spring 2013

NYX Butter Gloss

Why does the sound of NYX Butter Gloss sound so crazy good? NYX Butter Gloss is a new range of lipglosses for Spring 2013 available in range of 12 different shades.

Take a look!

NYX Butter Gloss Spring 2013

NYX Butter Gloss ($5) promise a sweetly scented sugar cookie and flavored gloss that provides creamy sheer to medium coverage giving lips a flush of healthy color.

It can be worn alone or over your favorite lipsticks and gives the appearances of fuller lips.

Shades:

• Strawberry Parfait (fuchsia)
  • Eclair (pink)
  • Peaches and Cream (pink coral)
  • Merengue (pink lilac)
  • Creme Brulee (natural)
  • Peach Cobbler (red orange)
  • Tiramisu (brown)
  • Apple Strudel (peach)
  • Vanilla Cream Pie (mauve)
  • Cherry Cheese Cake (orange)
  • Maple Blonde (deep peach)
  • Cherry Pie (red)

These will launched shortly at NYXCosmetics.com

I want to try a few shades, they sound like an interesting formula.

Thoughts?

• 1/7/13 19:34 Regina @ Margarita Bloom:

Butter gloss? That almost sounds yummy enough to eat! lol…

• 1/7/13 20:06 AnniLau:

These NYX posts of yours are making me want to buy all the things!

• 1/7/13 20:10 Caroline:

Muse & NYX you are killing me!! When will the madness end? (Hoping there will be some blushes with this collection) ^_^

• 1/7/13 21:14 the Muse:

hehe caroline ;-D sorry! it’s such an overwhelming spring launch phew!

• 1/7/13 22:21 Lyssa:

im just a passer by for such a while and your blog influenced me to buy more from NYX .. and other stuffs in here .. :) thanks for bring back my passion for Makeup :D

• 1/8/13 9:23 the Muse:

aw thanks for that lovely comment lyssa ;-D so glad you enjoy Musings ;-D

• 1/7/13 22:49 Lulle:

That sounds like something I want on my lips!
    Eclair is a pink shade? Someone from WnW has to explain to me how an ├ęclair ends up being pink…

• 1/8/13 0:07 Lorraine ER:

Sounds neat, like an extra layer of coverage or good for a mlbb thing.

• 1/8/13 7:49 Natalie:

You have easily become my favorite!!!! I know that these will be released in the spring but do you know in what month? I am excited about these!!

• 1/8/13 9:13 the Muse:

thanks natalie. I actually posted the deets about the launch in this post….should be this week to mid January on their website. they haven’t released info about other retailers yet.

• 1/8/13 9:52 K.B.:

Looks like I’ll be stalking the NYX website soon…

• 1/8/13 12:08 Natasha:

Wow, NYX is coming out with a ton of awesome stuff this spring!!!

• 1/8/13 12:38 Tennyoceres:

NYX dear lord first a flood of eye shadows and now lip gloss? I am fully expecting a rainbow of blushes now. I am seriously considering opening a new credit card just to keep up with this NYX mega launch.

• 1/8/13 12:39 the Muse:

lmao!

• 1/8/13 14:44 Angela:

Butter gloss sounds great. I love NYX lipgloss, and I’m very interested to try this out.

• 1/8/13 16:26 Joanna:

They look divine.

• 1/8/13 18:57 Sayre:

Looks great and sounds yummy. The shades read like a dessert menu. Must try!

• 1/8/13 19:10 Kirstie:

This stuff looks awesome! Perfect for the lippy freak like me!

• 1/8/13 23:40 Rachel:

They’re on the website now! Got an e-mail today from NYX and just put one in my bag. Trying to decide between the orange and the orange red. :) I was hoping to find swatches online somewhere, but no luck yet.

• 2/20/13 19:33 Taryn:

Okay so I tried one of these and I am hooked (went back and got 5 more), you need them! They are the most impressive formula (new in innovative for drugstore) as a gloss they give me enough pigmentation to be worn alone, but real lipstick wearers would rather love them over a lipstick! They are very comparable to the MAC cremesheen glosses, they have the same staying power and almost the same exact scent. That being said they are a gloss not a lipstick so if you think of it that way I think you will be pleasantly thrilled!

• 2/22/13 15:43 the Muse:

taryn tried for the first time last night AND LOVE so far ;-D They are fabulous! I’m still testing but so far I love!

• 3/16/13 18:59 Naomi:

I tried one or two of the paler, ‘milkier’ shades, and my lips are maybe medium-pigmented, but my skin is very fair. Although I liked the formula (it is very smooth and, well, buttery, with a yummy scent) I found the light peach shade Apple Strudel to sit in an awkward milky layer on top of my lips. It’s wearable, it’s not opaque or chalky looking, but on me it veers slightly into the territory of milky translucent plastic superimposed onto lips.

My Ulta didn’t have testers of these, and it was hard to gauge by descriptions and the tubes how pigmented these would be, so it was probably just a bad color choice on my part. And again, I loved the formula and shine enough that I will probably try a deeper color next time NYX is on sale.

NYX lip products are always hard for me because I find levels of opacity/pigmentation to vary even within a particular product line, and it’s hard to tell when there aren’t testers. Luckily, the products are super affordable, and I’m happy to absorb the loss (or deal with the hassle of a return) if it means discovering a new formula I like or trying a color that’s a bit out of my normal routine.