Olay Fresh Effects Skincare Collection for Spring 2013

Olay Fresh Effects Skincare Collection

Olay Fresh Effects Skincare is a new collection for Spring 2013 with a new Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. It seems like the collection is marketed towards a younger demographic than Olay typically appeals to.

Unfortunately, you do have more tinted moisturizer to look forward to with this “BB Cream” as they entitled it Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream! Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer. *Head desk* You’re doing it wrong.

The collection includes:

• Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser
  • Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture! Satin Finish Lotion
  • Olay Fresh Effects Bead Me Up! Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System
  • Olay Fresh Effects S’wipe Out! Refreshing Make-up Removal Cloths
  • Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream! Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen

Olay Fresh Effects Skincare Collection for Spring 2013

Olay Fresh Effects

Olay Fresh Effects Skincare

The price range is $5.99 to $14.99.

I’m curious about the BB Cream even though I know it’ll be a sore disappointment le sigh!

We shall see.

Thoughts?

P.S. How do you go from LoTR and Lost to spiders and lizards? Apparently Dominic Monaghan is having a mid-life crisis….y u confuse me like this Dominic? It’s ok you still a sexy little man!

• 1/7/13 18:07 Kimmwc03:

I’m interested in that cleaning system. Looks like the Clarisonic with a triangular brush.

• 1/7/13 22:36 Samantha:

HAHA! Thanks for the clip of Dominic. He better not get stung – who would have guessed he liked creepy crawly things?

• 1/8/13 9:22 the Muse:

ha my pleasure…seriously….he’s like the new Steve Irwin lol!

• 1/8/13 5:26 Jaz:

I am about to try the makeup removal wipes and maybe the moisturizer . I currently have the Ponds kaolin clay ones , and I am not really pleased. I am also kind of mad , because I just bought the neutrogena wave cleanser. Im mad for 2 reasons a) the wave sonic just came out b) I like the way the Olay one looks. I wonder can I justify having 2 cleansers lol.

SN:I wish that this collection had balance rewards points attached to it

• 1/8/13 8:46 Nikki:

I’m curious as to why “skin perfecting tinted moisturizer” is wrong? Is that not what a traditional BB cream is? It seems you find something negative about every single product labeled BB Cream in the North American market. If it’s skin perfecting, moisturizing, and provides any amount of coverage at all, should it not be called a BB Cream? I’m confused.

• 1/8/13 9:07 the Muse:

tinted moisturizer offer sheer coverage, bb creams provide pigmented coverage as well as a host of other benefits. it’s a big difference between the two products. If you prefer sheerer coverage you’ll probably like this Olay one if you want something with heavier coverage I’d go with an Asian BB Cream. North America doesn’t quite have the idea, concept, and formula of a true BB Cream perfected they just continue to release tinted moisturizers and stick a “bb cream” label on them.

• 1/8/13 9:58 K.B.:

Yes to the shine-minimizing cleanser (even though they never work), to the exfoliating cleanser, and even to the makeup removing wipes. How cute is the packaging?!

• 1/8/13 10:06 Whimsical Kelly:

I’m so annoyed with North American cosmetic brands sticking the “BB cream” label on their tinted moisturizers and calling it good.

A BB cream is much more than a tinted moisturizer. I’ve never found a comparable product in the NA market that can do what an Asian brand BB cream does. *hugs her Holika Holika Watery BB cream tight*

• 1/8/13 10:16 the Muse:

*nods* agreed kelly..it’s poor marketing and FALSE marketing actually…!