Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick Collection for Spring 2013

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick

Rimmel’s Kate Lipstick Collection gets a relaunch for Spring 2012 with a new Matte Lasting Finish Collection.

These come in six shades and will likely be added to the permanent collection. I recently spotted the display at CVS.

Take a look!

Kate looks amazing with those hot red lips but I’ve never been a fond fan of the Lasting Finish formula so I do worry adding matte to that formula won’t improve it by much. Some of the shades looked very MLBB (my lips but better) looking but I wasn’t even tempted to go there. My last try out with the original formula left a lot to be desired as they were terribly dry on so I imagine the matte finish won’t add much.

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick Collection

Tempting but I think I’ll have to skip for now.

What do you think?

See a haul in your future?

• 1/3/13 11:17 Amandale:

Picked up 104 already, LOVE it. It dries down well and doesn’t move on me. I need to get more of these asap!

• 1/3/13 11:20 the Muse:

sounds promising!

• 1/3/13 11:22 Jen_m_sunshine:

Me too! I picked up 104 and am thinking of grabbing another one. A little drying but was surprisingly impressed with texture.

• 1/3/13 11:41 Sarah:

I bought three of these and I LOVE them! They are perfect to wear to work and the bright pinkish colors are great for spring! I wasn’t impressed with the first round of Kate lipsticks either…

• 1/3/13 11:43 the Muse:

yeah dry eh? how’s the dryness factor with these?

• 1/3/13 11:57 amy:

I wanted to try 109, but they had only one, and it was obviously tampered with. I love matte lipstick, but only in darker shades, so all of the other MLBB shades just didn’t appeal to me. I did pick up 2 of the regular Kate lippies, though (04 & 14) since they were BOGO1/2 at Walgreen’s.

• 1/3/13 12:03 the Muse:

ugh I HATE when people do that. why they think its ok to open and swatch stuff at the drugstore? what do they think they are at sephora?

• 1/3/13 18:49 amy:

I was at a different Walgreen’s earlier this week, and a woman was looking for a foundation; the EMPLOYEE helping her actually stuck her finger in a jar… I was absolutely disgusted. Unless it’s in a sealed package, no more DS foundation for me (at least I can tell if a lipstick has been swatched). The other day when I was at Target, there were two products that had been swatched, and both were the *same* shade! At least swatch the one that’s already been tampered with…

• 1/3/13 12:02 marquita:

I think walgreens have all the shades. I picked up 2 nice red colors. the other colors were a tad bit pale for me.

• 1/3/13 13:53 Kim:

I got 103 and I love it. The perfect MLBB shade for me and I didn’t find it drying at all. I hate mattes usually but this one is great.

• 1/3/13 14:43 GK:

I tried Ulta & Walgreens, didn’t have them. Last 2 collections took a while to show up too. Didn’t get anything from the Fall launch, got the 1st launch in 14 for my ‘no makeup’ days. It’s very dry, but stays on & the smell isn’t nasty like a lot of lippys.

• 1/3/13 14:46 Icequeen81:

If it was the shade she is wearing it would be appealing to me. But the shades look so nude. I prefer darker shades and always matte

• 1/3/13 15:09 Nikki:

These have such a great formula! They feel so comfortable on the lips.

• 1/3/13 15:44 Cindy Ramirez:

The color she’s wearing in the picture does NOT look that red in the tube at all!

On a side note, have you reviewed or planning to review the Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids? I found them when I found the Kate lipsticks and I nearly bought the whole collection but I want your say on them first!

• 1/3/13 15:49 the Muse:

hey you! Agreed as I uncapped the red to check hehe…! ;-D I got a few shades, will review next week for you…I prob will give them a poor review as color sensational lipstick, although a great variety of colors, never have a good formula :( they are always so damn dry! keeping hope alive for the vivids!

• 1/3/13 15:51 Cindy Ramirez:

I’m crossing my fingers and toes for hope! Those colors are sooo beautiful and bright!

• 1/3/13 16:01 the Muse:

they REALLY are bright! have you tried the color senstional lipsticks at all!?

• 1/4/13 23:45 Melanie:

i just bought two today (wild rose and brazen berry) and they’re really creamy. there might be a dry down, i wasn’t able to wear them for the day, but i love what i saw. for the beautiful color selection they have (i too had a hard time not buying every one), i wouldn’t mind to reapply or top with balm!

• 1/3/13 16:20 dtan0914:

I grabbed 104 I believe, but I lost the tube in the depths of my room and haven’t been able to wear it extensively yet! :( I was impressed with the texture of the product and the scent not being as strong as the rest of the Kate Moss line.

• 1/3/13 16:26 the Muse:

too dry dtan?

• 1/4/13 2:22 Xero:

That’s interesting, since I thought that these had a really strong perfumey smell (and even worse, a perfumey taste) as opposed to the regular Rimmel smell that her other lipsticks have.

• 1/3/13 17:16 Linda:

I was annoyed because the display says she is wearing 107 but 107 is not offered???? WTH?

• 1/3/13 18:55 amy:

Not that it’s any less annoying, but it could be one of two things. It could be a shade slated for a later release, or it could be that it contains an inredient that the US government hasn’t approved for use (usually a dye or pigment), and it’s only available in Europe, and possibly Canada (Illamasqua had some shadows in the past that couldn’t be sold here for that reason). I hope it’s the former, because I really like the other lipsticks, and I love mattes, and that color is just stunning.

• 1/4/13 21:44 amy:

*UPDATE* I went to a different Walgreen’s today, and they had 107, with a total of 10 or so shades, while the one I went to yesterday only had 5. They’re only a few miles apart, too. I didn’t buy it though, as it didn’t quite look as deep as the promo ad…

• 1/4/13 22:18 the Muse:

hey amy FUNNY! saw it too this afternoon at cvs but skipped it too scared of these being dry :(

• 1/4/13 23:49 amy:

Dryness is never typically an issue for me, unless it’s caused by a strong perfume (typically alot of luxury brands), but I would *love* L’Oreal to bring back their matte line… They were sooo comfortable, and felt nearly identical to the regular line, but had the finish & staying-power of a matte. They felt quite similar to the Revlon Velvet, which *also* need to make a comeback.

• 1/3/13 23:31 Angelic Mariposa:

Check Walgreens they have the full range.

• 1/3/13 18:02 Angela:

Ugh, I could do without the drying (hopefully they’re improved over the originals) but these are such pretty colours I might have to give it a try and hope for the best. What am I saying – I quite literally have a drawer full of lipsticks (hangs head in shame). It’s a disease, I think!

• 1/3/13 20:09 Jo:

We have 107 in the UK. I think our line up is 101, 107, 110, 111 and 113
    104 looks nice. Wish we had that!

• 1/3/13 21:30 blueraccoon:

I saw these at Walgreens but wasn’t tempted due to fears of dryness – I’ll stick to my HE matte lipsticks for comfortable matte formulas (Burberry’s lip velvets are *amazing*).

• 1/3/13 23:30 Angelic Mariposa:

I have the color she’s wearing in the ad and its a gorgeous wine the only thing I’m not loving is the scent. It’s different from the original and I wish they would have left it alone, still love the color and how it lasts!!