Stila Countless Color Pigments Sneak Peek

Stila Countless Color Pigments

The temptation was TOO great I ordered four of the new Stila Countless Color Pigments after Stila confirmed I could use them on my face as well as my eyes.

Seriously, dude, have you seen some of these shades? They looked so brilliant as blushers versus eyeshadows. I haven’t actually tried them yet as they arrived in the mail just recently and I’m still being hypothesized by the pretty tie dye design. Makes me want to start singing Watchtower at the top of my lungs while dancing in a circle, actually, if I’m honest, spontaneous Hendrix concerts starring me have been known to happen anyway no need for tie dyed eyeshadows to evoke them!

Take a look!

Honestly, first time seeing these I wasn’t thinking about eyeshadow at all! I was all about “wow, these shades would be killer as a blush!” Don’t you think so? I haven’t tried them yet in all honesty but I am so hopeful they’ll look amazing on. The texture is considerably different (or appears to be) compared the Stila’s normal velvety range of shadows. These have a smoother appearance with an almost semi-matte formula or perhaps satiny but no frost here which Stila is sometimes legendary for including in their eyeshadows.

Stila Countless Color Pigments Acoustic1

Acoustic

Stila Countless Color Pigments Encore1

Encore

Stila Countless Color Pigments Finale1

Finale

Stila Countless Color Pigments Lyric1

Lyric

They are available in 10 shades for $22 each and I keep thinking to myself, “Please go on sale soon please go on sale soon!” because I have a feeling I’m going to love these four and want the other six!

Anyone try them yet?

They launched with the Stila Summer 2013 Collection recently and are available now at www.stilacosmetics.com

Review and swatches on the horizon!

• 3/28/13 11:57 Alyza Rae:

Holy crap! You have my complete attention!
    I hadn’t heard of these before but now I already am prepared to want all of them, swatches pending!

• 3/28/13 12:02 the Muse:

I HOPE they are good as they look alyza, aren’t they freaking gorgeous!?

• 3/28/13 11:59 Cindy Ramirez:

These look super pretty and watercolory, but I’m such a weirdo. I don’t like eyeshadow that are more then one color mixed. I know. I’m weird. These might change my mind though!

• 3/28/13 12:04 the Muse:

i agree as a shadow they prob will be a mess to work with but I brought them to use as blushers ;-D

• 3/28/13 12:08 Bethany:

These weren’t tempting to me as eyeshadow…..but blush….YES PLEASE!!!

• 3/28/13 12:09 the Muse:

hehe ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3/28/13 12:11 breyerchic04:

I don’t get how stila thinks you can use the colors individually, but I think the colors are amazing, and I’m probably going to need at least two or three. Eek. I do like getting a depth of color (blended) onto my eyelid.

So swatch!

• 3/28/13 12:16 Janet:

They should have named that bottom one “Purple Haze!”

• 3/28/13 12:29 the Muse:

they actually have a purple one Janet but didn’t check the name would BE AWESOME if it was called Purple Haze lol!

• 4/4/13 16:43 Miss D:

Incredible- the first thing I thought of when I saw these Stila beauties was Jimi Hendrix too…well, to be exact, Jimi Hendrix and the Black Crowes in their gorgeous hippy clothing! It was a mighty pretty thought too. *sigh*

• 4/5/13 13:32 the Muse:

hehe miss d LIKE minds :)

• 3/28/13 12:22 Ashley:

Can’t wait for swatches!

• 3/28/13 12:29 Michelle:

I saw the video about these pigments as eyeshadow; but I’m so not going to get out my #2 water color brush in order to do my eye make up in the morning. Too much other stuff to do, like brush my teeth :)

Anyway, these would be fantastical for blush. The colors are very pretty, Finale looks outstanding! I’m waiting in anticipation for swatches ;)

• 3/28/13 13:25 Liz Cat:

oooh finale is gorg!!and so is encore..who am i kidding they are all beautiful :D and i want want want center stage because its such a beautiful pastel rainbow tye-dye but i’d never know what to do with it! i want to buy it and just stare at it though. i think stila is really gonna be an attack on my wallet this summer!! cant wait for swatches!

• 3/28/13 13:27 Kimmwc03:

I bought two. They are pretty on the lids if you use a shadow applicator. I was able to get a tie-dyed effect on my lid with one of the colors when I used a champagne colored base. I do not think they show up all that great when I use my fingers or a brush, though. I may buy more when they come to Ulta.

• 3/28/13 13:46 the Muse:

yayyy sounds promising!

• 3/28/13 14:33 Laura H.:

I feel like there is no way they can be as good as they look, cause they look freaking awesome !

• 3/28/13 14:37 the Muse:

lol agreed watch them be crushingly disappointing! god I hope not!

• 3/28/13 16:21 Nicole:

Hi Muse, Thank you for getting these! They look amazing and I can’t wait to see your swatches, I have been wanting to pick them up since your post!

• 3/28/13 16:24 the Muse:

no prob nicole :-D review soon so you’ll know if you need them or not shortly :-D!

• 3/28/13 17:24 Lulubelle:

I’ve got Lyric and Lightshow. I was thinking I’d use Lyric as a blush. So far, the finger or foam applicator method for applying seems to work best. They sheer out significantly with a brush. They also wipe off extremely easily, so I’m wondering about wear time.

• 3/28/13 17:43 fatima:

omggggggg please swatch!!!

• 4/2/13 15:37 Hilda:

These look so freaking GORGEOUS! I want them!

. . .But the Stila eyeshadow products suck on my skin. Even with eyeshadow primer, they still slide right off. Also I find I have to use A LOT of shadow to get the same color impact of one swirl of MAC shadow.
    Sigh. . .

• 4/3/13 14:40 M.Beat:

Watch out, the dyes they use to get such vibrant colors will stain your lids! I had to learn this the hard way!

• 4/4/13 23:52 T. Cat:

FYI, right now you can get 20% off everything that’s full priced at stila.com with coupon code 20OFF..I think it’s good till the 14th of April.

• 4/5/13 10:26 the Muse:

thanks tcat!

• 4/5/13 17:02 T. Cat:

You’re welcome!

• 4/15/13 10:06 CC Price:

they have a 50% off sale going on for the entire site! code is LAKERS40. wowiiie! :)

• 4/15/13 10:06 CC Price:

oops, sorry, 40% off sale.

• 4/17/13 16:25 Bubu:

50% off with code LAKERS50 and for some reason when I bought over $200 it took an additional 40% off… I added $508 worth of products and ended up paying 152.40… It might be an error..but my order went through! U should definitely check it out muse!!

• 4/17/13 16:28 the Muse:

wahoo NICE bubu! wish this was on when I got my color pigments ;-D

• 8/30/13 23:45 Ashley:

I found a bunch at Nordstrom’s Rack for $8 a pop, totally worth it!