Julep DD Creme Coming Soon

Julep DD Creme

You read that right, DD Cream. Julep DD Creme hasn’t launched yet but the strong buzz of online advertising can’t be beat here as the first ever DD Cream makes an appearance on many an online ad across the board.

Known for their nail polishes one wouldn’t be expecting a DD Cream launch from Julep, but indeed, this is happening soon!

Julep DD Creme will be available in four shade selections and promises to go beyond the BB Cream experiencing by offering moisture, primer, and perfecting abilities with an SPF 25 to protect skin. It contains two patented anti-aging ingridents that adjust fine lines while offering lightweight yet buildable coverage.

Count me curious.

At this point DD Creams aren’t as well known. CC Creams are JUST now getting a big push in Korea and BB Creams are showing improvement in the form of a CC Cream here in the US. It’s an odd market to say the least.

What do you think?

Do share!

• 5/20/13 11:32 Cj:

Dumb Damn Creme. I’m so over the whole bb cc dd ff uu creams. OVER IT I SAY! Brands broke it.

• 5/20/13 11:34 Peachy:

Ok, now they’re just going down the alphabet!!

Though, is it just me, or does “Dynamic Do-all” just sound like what a good BB cream is supposed to do in the first place…. ._.

• 5/20/13 11:43 Kylie:

I think this is all marketing hype, just like the majority of the BB creams that hot the market were glorified tinted moisturizers. As a lover of transition Korean BB creams, I feel like companies are slapping some double letters on whatever their latest product is and hoping that the hype and trend carries their product through. At this point a DD cream seems a little ludicrous and nothing more than a gimmick. The description of the product makes it sound more like a traditional BB, not some new revolutionary product.

Color me sceptic. *rant over*

• 5/20/13 11:45 Kylie:

Stupid auto correct. BB creams that hit the market*

Traditional Korean*

• 5/20/13 11:56 LINDARRAGNAR:

thats it. I’ve had it with CC , BB DD, A to Z cream!!!!!!!! its such a dumb marketing ploy. The only BB cream I WOULD EVER buy would be form Korea, and one that you recommend Muse.!

• 5/20/13 12:07 the Muse:

aw shucks flattered Linda!

• 5/20/13 12:29 Nicoco Chanel:

Yeah, I’m on the side of “so, a traditional Korean BB cream, then?”

Though I do approve of the shade selection.

• 5/20/13 12:46 crotchfairy:

Just no. I’ll stick to my korean and guerlain bb creams. Nothing visionary about being late to the trend, Julep.

• 5/20/13 13:11 kimkats:

No – I’m not going to investigate any more of these alphabet creams until they hit the QQ ones…. That might be an actual improvement on all the BB creams. AND I like my Missha ones just fine, thankyewverahmuch…

• 5/20/13 13:51 blueraccoon:

Am I the only one who saw “DD cream” and thought “oh, is this for your boobs?” No? Just me then?

• 5/20/13 15:39 Kimmwc03:

Ha ha. Me too, blue. I’m actually going to try this because I am a Julep Maven and this (and the corresponding concealer) were this month’s selections for my box.

• 5/20/13 16:13 Maddie:

This going down the alphabet thing is crazy! Why not just come out with a better BB cream and call it a BB cream? My friend and I joke that if they keep doing this soon we’ll all have PP cream on our faces!

• 5/20/13 17:00 Amy:

This is getting ridiculous. Well it will be over when they run out of letters.

• 5/20/13 18:49 Danii:

DD. Makes me think it’s boob-cream.XD And Muse, did you finish the review on Dear Rose? It’s so pretty looking ; __ ; All sweet lolita like with the roses! I would really like a review, please ~

• 5/21/13 10:02 the Muse:

hi danii haven’t gotten to it yet…working on it as fast as I can :)

• 5/20/13 20:43 Jeri:

I have to agree this is weird for Julep; however I’m curious about the concealer.

• 5/20/13 20:53 julia:

ah but what happens when we reach the ZZ cream?

• 5/20/13 23:11 Stellar:

Muse! Have you heard of Bourjois’ BB lipgloss?

• 5/20/13 23:19 Stellar:

Muse, have you heard of Bourjois’ BB lipglosses?

• 5/21/13 9:50 the Muse:

I have and their new BB Cream compact….haha ;-D BB Lipgloss! :D

• 5/21/13 0:17 Sarah:

Yeah, I’m not even going to bother until we get to ZZ Creme, and then it better make my skin perfect just by putting one drop on my face.

• 5/21/13 0:41 Catherine:

I dont understand why people are making such a fuss, maybe this dd cream will be better than the other creams that are out. If you dont want it or dont like it, then dont buy it! Simple. Anyways, Im getting this dd cream and concealer in my maven box next month so Im excited to try it out since Im running low on my bb cream from dr. jart. Who cares what name is it as long as it does what its supposed to. Or am I the only one who thinks that -_-

• 5/21/13 6:25 Katie:

I’m waiting for the ZZ creams myself.

• 5/21/13 8:57 sai:

lol

i started to get sick abt those bb cc stuff
    why dun they just make a better bb cream or a better foundation
    stop all these marketing thingy

• 5/21/13 21:50 Lulle:

Yeah, right…. I’ll wait for the triple A before I spend my money!

• 5/22/13 15:45 Annie:

This is pretty cheap if it come with my maven box, but all-chemical sunscreen is a deal breaker for me.

• 5/22/13 20:28 kiki:

watch, someone will be all fancy and skip all the letters and go straight to ZZ creams haha!

• 5/22/13 21:45 Larissa:

Totally agree with you Catherine!

• 5/23/13 2:41 Melanie:

meh, even the cc creams seem a bit gimmicky to me. They remind me of just color correcting primers that someone decided could be worn alone and repackaged(I do that already if I just need a bit of mattify and diffusion)

• 6/3/13 5:14 krankenheim:

The DD, erm, Dynamic Disaster has finally arrived! Don’t even bother.
    This is the second worst product I have ever used from Julep (the first being the DD Concealer.) However, this is the product that disappoints me the most. Look at the way this product was advertised to begin with? We were told that it was just the best thing since sliced bread, right? Julep’s DD creme was going to revolutionize the beauty biz! …right. I have my doubts that any of these supposed reviewers and magazine article writers actually tried this product. If they had tried it they wouldn’t have been giving it a review at all simply out of respect for Julep. This is an embarrassment. The founder of Julep is a lovely, inspirational woman. I have my doubts that she even tried this product.
    Product: Sucks. There’s no better word. It has zero coverage. It smells like Coppertone Sport. The horrible scent doesn’t dissipate; it simply lingers until you wash.
    Packaging: Again, sucks. The quality of the packaging is worse than the quality of the product, which is pretty bad. The cap and tube both look like something you’d see at the Dollar Tree. I’m not even kidding! It seems to me that if no care is taken in the quality of packaging, how can care be taken in the quality of the product inside? That’s what worries me the most. Empty tubes of this and the DD Concealer were sent out in most of our Maven Boxes. If there is no quality control there, then where is the quality control in the manufacturing process of the product? It says it was made in USA, but how can I even trust that? It smells like cheap, Chinese, Dollar Store makeup.
    Price: Are you kidding me? If I knew with absolute certainty that the product was safe to use, I would very seriously not pay more than a few dollars for this product. Those prices are just insulting.
    Verdict: While I’m a fool for buying into the hype you don’t have to be! Stay away! You’ve been warned!

• 6/3/13 9:23 the Muse:

jeepers thanks kranken you def saved me money!!!!!!!!

• 6/6/13 13:34 Laurie:

If you’re pale and you think light will be a match? Don’t. Buy. This. Unless, of course, you want to look like an oompa loompa. I will never again accept a julep box that includes a foundation and/or concealer item after this debacle. I love Julep but this stuff is simply dreadful.

Swatch #1

Swatch #2

• 6/6/13 13:40 the Muse:

thanks for the swatches laurie super helpful!

• 6/6/13 13:46 Laurie:

You’re very welcome. I sent them to Julep but haven’t heard back yet but they’re probably a wee bit overwhelmed what with all of the complaints. My tube wasn’t empty but it wasn’t anything I could wear either and I haven’t a clue what to do with it besides toss it in the trash (they don’t take returns on the Maven boxes apparently). My daughter put it on all over her face after she saw me taking pics of the swatches. She jumped up behind me and went “Boo!”. I nearly jumped out of my skin and then died laughing. She was ORANGE and super shiny. It’s so terrible on both of us corpse skinned chicks that it’s funny.

• 6/6/13 15:28 the Muse:

LOL oh no! you should have taken a pic of her lol! too cute!

• 6/7/13 11:34 Laurie:

i tried but the brat ran shrieking from the room :)

• 6/7/13 11:52 the Muse:

lol too cute!

• 8/13/13 0:49 Jacinda:

I commented on this post, but I guess it wasn’t approved. I don’t really feel like repeating myself. Thats too bad, I guess….

• 8/13/13 9:14 the Muse:

hi jacinda I have about 800+ comments to get through as I was away for several days on vacation. It typically takes me time to get through them all. I searched via your email and your ip address and the only comment I see is this one you’re of course welcome to re-comment not sure why it didn’t go through the first time unless you used another name, email address, computer to send it and I am not seeing it.