Sephora Makeup Academy Palette for Holiday 2013

Sephora Makeup Academy Palette

You can get an early sneak peek of the Sephora Makeup Academy Palette for Holiday 2013 this week (for VIBers only) which is well over $200 worth of make for merely $49.50.

The real question would be is it worth it?

Sephora Makeup Academy Palette Holiday 2013

No one can’t say the Sephora Makeup Academy Palette isn’t fully loaded. This monstrosity of a palette features 72 eyeshadows, 28 lipglosses, 7 blushes, 18 eyeliners, 3 concealers, eyeshadow and lip primer, plus applicators (130 makeup products total).

Actually looking at it, it looks like a hell of a lot more doesn’t it?

It’s a bit on the bulky side so you won’t be traveling with this baby but it might be something you’ll be adding to your wish list this season.

Or not….especially if you follow Sephora closely enough as they have been doing palettes and each Holiday season they get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Makes you wonder what sort of Tarte Jewelry Box Palette we might get this year doesn’t it?

The Sephora Makeup Academy Palette is available for a limited time before it disappears and rereleases closed to toe Holiday so if you want it get it this week at Sephora.com

What do you think of it?

• 8/26/13 10:37 Caroline:

I don’t think I’d ever buy something like this. I love makeup (and God knows I own my share of palettes! LOL), but this is almost TOO much, y’know? Plus, I would have nowhere to store it, and it looks like it would take up a lot of space!

• 8/26/13 10:49 the Muse:

agreed!

• 8/26/13 11:05 JoElla:

I agree too much stuff! I would open it up, become overwhelmed and then reach for a trusted palette.

This would be a great starting point for a newbie, if the quality is good.

• 8/26/13 11:10 Aditi:

It looks pretty and colorful, but I have no idea what I’m going to do with 3/4 of the stuff. I’m going to pass (I’m waiting for the holidays not because of vacation time but because of all the new makeup!)

Happy Monday, Muse!

• 8/26/13 12:58 the Muse:

Happy Monday dear :D

• 10/3/13 2:43 Gari:

Boo

• 8/26/13 11:14 Sara Elisabeth:

I find the quality is on these is usually subpar. And besides, I wouldn’t use more than half of what’s in there. I don’t have space to be storing stuff that I would never use. I’d rather pay more for the things I really want and use.

• 8/26/13 11:28 Lilian:

Hi! Do you know where was made?

• 8/26/13 12:49 the Muse:

i don’t lilian I assume china?

• 8/26/13 11:33 yalingie:

yikes….

This is a bit overwhelming. Probably better for someone who just wants to play around with makeup. But idk I got their blockbuster kit once and I just didn’t like it at all.

• 8/26/13 11:39 Cindy Ramirez:

Holy overload batman! I suppose this would be a great gift for someone who’s getting more into makeup, but wow I wouldn’t know where to start. When I get stuff like this I forget about what colors are in it and what not. And this looks hella bulky!

• 8/26/13 11:42 AnniLau:

I have last year’s version in a cabinet, completely unused, and I still went “Ooooo!” when this showed up on the Sephora site. Truth is, only about half the colors are anything I would use, but I can’t help but covet it a bit.

• 8/26/13 11:56 Eileen:

Yeah, I agree this would be good for a newbie – good enough quality to be useable and then they could figure out what colors they were drawn to before investing in individual makeup items. It’s too much for me though and I have enough basics that I’d rather put that money towards a couple higher quality items.

• 8/26/13 12:19 aryn:

nope. nope nope nope nope. i can’t even stand sephora’s in house makeup as it is, let alone a big honking box of all their mess up colors in tiny amounts. i still have a smallish palette i got from them two years ago that i used two lil tiny things from twice. i wish i had known back then all the other awesome things i could have spent my money on there haha

• 8/26/13 13:00 amy:

I just wish they would leave out the “glosses” completely. Even if you found a shade of “gloss” in there that actually *worked* (they all apply the same, LOL), what if you needed to reapply? They should either bump up the quality of the other products, drop the price, or put in a separate/portable lip product/lip palette.

• 8/27/13 5:00 Angel:

This! I agree completely. Lippies in a giant box like these are just useless.

• 8/26/13 15:14 CC:

Oh, I can’t wait o see the Tarte Oliday offerings this year! Saving for them already!

• 8/26/13 16:51 katrosado:

I’m interested in this one. I like the way it opens and I could sit it on my youngest daughter’s bathroom counter between the sinks. That way she could try the colors and experiment. I still have two teenagers at home and they are more than welcome to use my makeup collection but…I think for experiments with color and technique this might be nice for them instead of my Estee Lauder, Chanel, Tom Ford…etc. Know what I mean?

• 8/26/13 16:51 the Muse:

absolutely katros!

• 8/26/13 22:52 Maggie:

Makeup Academy is a good name for it–love how it sets itself up to be displayed. If the quality is semi-decent, I’d get it for someone who is into color, new to makeup, and loves experimentation.

• 8/26/13 23:21 Courtney:

Sensory overload!! And I wouldn’t wear half of it. I don’t understand these palettes. ;)

• 8/27/13 1:25 Maria Manoela Porto:

I don`t like those huge boxes of makeup…. The Vice by UD is too much for me already.

• 8/29/13 17:49 KS:

Think I will wait for the Tarte, I love their holiday palettes, or at least I have all the ones I have gotten. Still have one from a few years ago, most beautiful box ever.

• 8/29/13 18:24 Natalie:

So I literally just got this in the mail today. And so far I love it, it’s roughly 10 inches long and 6 inches tall and the actual eye shadow products are the size of a dime. It has all the colors I may want to use, half of it is earthy tones, and half is super colorful. The makeup applies well but doesn’t last unless you use a primer (I recommend urban decay) but overall I’m super pleased. Lastly all the creame eyeliners are so much fun! I don’t plan on using the gloss but for $50 I think it’s an amazing deal unlike the naked palette. So overall I’d give it a 7/10

• 9/4/13 14:28 the Muse:

whoa! that’s a fairly good rating natalie ;-D

• 10/14/13 12:47 Ruby:

I have one and I love it!

• 11/6/13 20:41 stacie:

I saw this at Sephora today, and it isn’t as big as I thought it was. The over all size of it wasn’t as big as I was expecting. As well as the individual colors was a lot smaller than this photo makes them look. I have the 5 in color play and am pleased with it. They size of the eye shadow in this palette are a lot smaller than in the 5 in color play. I would say they are probably around the size of a dime .

• 11/14/13 12:30 Annie:

I ordered one from Sephora and I really love. I agree that the gloss in the pallet is a bit useless, however, the glosses are stunning, vibrant, and long lasting. The only thin is that I don’t love the cream eye liner, I found it smudges.