Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick First Impression

I fear my curiosity got the better of me and I had to go sneak a peek at the Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick. On seeing it in person I, of course, fell in love with and had to have it so somehow it ended up in my cart (that happens alot! Stuff randomly falls into my cart without me even realizing it! Honest!). I have a love/hate relationship with shimmer bricks but I must say that the Pink Quartz did tickle me as being quite gorgeous so it suddenly became a must have for me upon seeing it in person!

Picture+131

I originally thought this would be a very light shimmering pink but I was completely wrong. It’s actually a bronze, dark, dusty pink that shows up quite nicely on my cheeks! You are getting some softer pink tones but the darker browner pinks are dominant in the palette. I don’t normally like bronze colors of any tone or shade but these are quite lovely together! Of course, like almost all Shimmer Bricks you’re getting no color! I normally jump around in excitement when I see a darker Shimmer Brick in hopes it’ll work as a shimmer and a blush but sadly that’s not the case! It’s not nearly pigmented enough to work solely as a blush so you need to use this over your blush as a highlighter! I tried it on my bare face and it makes me look silly but over blush it makes my face light up and sparkle!

Picture+134

Picture+133

The palette itself is the standard Limited Edition palette which consists of a black case, goldish bronze lettering on the front, and the gold surround inside the compact. I love the LE cases as they are a bit more glam than the standard Shimmer Brick compacts!

Picture+132

Overall, for $38 I’d say it was something you should consider picking up! It’s quite inexpensive for the price and if you’re absolutely a HUGE lover and collector of Shimmer Bricks you’re going to want this really badly!

Have it?
Want it?
Tell me!

• 11/21/07 13:49 rocketqueen:

Hi hun!

In short: I want it! Lol! They give such a nice shimmer.

• 11/21/07 14:15 the Muse:

LOL! =)

I couldn’t resist! This one called out to me!

• 11/21/07 15:42 nilla cookie:

I definitely want this too, but I’ve been staying away from the counter for a little bit until I know for sure I want it. Makeup always looks so pretty and I can’t say no when I’m standing there and it’s right in my hands LOL

Have a great long weekend!
    Lilan

• 11/21/07 16:11 the Muse:

hi lilan *hugs*

agreed! When I have it in my hands it’s difficult to just say NO!

I’m trying hard to be good until after xmas but it’s always difficult when it comes to makeup ;)

Good news is this will be definately be available way into the spring! I find that these don’t sell out so quickly and even though they are LE one or two are always hiding at some counter or another way after the release date ;)

Thanks! Hope you have a long one too! Enjoy Thanksgiving =)

• 11/21/07 19:31 Minou:

I picked this up during my trip to US last month and I love it!

I’m going to get a backup here in Singapore soon. ;)

• 11/21/07 22:13 the Muse:

Hi Minou!

I’d say it warrants a backup :)

It’s quite lovely =)

You should do a guest FOTD using it! I’d be happy to post it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comment =)

*hugs*