Dior Summer Cosmetics Collection 2008: Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect

dior

Dior’s Summer Collection has been available at Nordies, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, and a few other select locations for a month or more now (not officially). Sephora is finally updating it’s catalog with the Summer Collection as well. Dior’s Summer Collection is officially being launched in Japan as of April the 25th so I thought to coincide with that I’d post my review of the collection today!

The Dior Japan site has been updated to reflect the new collection for a few weeks now however, as always, the US site is still displaying the Spring Collection and being bloody slow about getting the update live (we probably won’t see an update until June or more).

Picture+070

As you already know from reading my constant rantings and ravings I am not a sun seeker which means of course this collection holds little appeal for me. The Collection consists of two new colors of High Shine Lipstick, two new colors of the single eyeshadows, two new palettes, and various other bits and bobs.

Picture+079

Picture+078

And of course the Pièce de Résistance of the Collection being the Golden Dior Pendant which houses a bronze gold highlighter cream to use on cheeks, face, and lips. Europe and Asia have two color selections for the pendant which are a gold and pink color while here within the US we are only getting the gold color.

5580214

untitled5566

Unlike the Spring Collection which I over indulged in, the Summer Collection held little appeal and I only ended up getting the three Dior Addict Ultra Glosses from the entire lot of items released.

The colors released ended up being very Muse friendly and I am loving the corals, golds, and beiges found in each of the newest glosses. I think these will not only work great in the Summer but well into the Fall!

Three colors were released of the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect so I ended up with all three colors. I’ve always collected the Limited Editions of Addict Gloss but I haven’t done so in a while however with the Spring release I found myself using my LE glosses more and more thus that was part of the reason I picked these up!

Picture+075\

Picture+076

Picture+077

The gloss formula is very good. Not too sticky, not to tacky but just right. It’s long wearing, holds nice shimmer and shine, and the price isn’t too bad at $24.50 USD per a gloss.

Picture+087

Picture+086

Picture+088

Picture+089

Picture+084

Picture+085

I took a few swatches for you so you can compare the various colors. Beige Moire is obviously very clear and sheer but it has a beautiful touch of gold shimmer which looks brilliant over peaches and corals. Beige Lurex is a beautiful bronze chocolate with hints of orange and gold shimmer. And finally Corail Lame is a gorgeous coral that borders an orange with touches of gold shimmer!

Picture+082

All three glosses are gorgeous but Beige Lurex and Corail Lame are my two favorites and worth picking up if you want something to pair up with a bronzed look this Summer or in my case a fresh peachy look!

musegold

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect is Muse Approved for purchase! I’m enjoying these latest releases and look forward to using them this Summer!

museotherposts

Click here to find out why I’m NOT a Sun Seeker!

Click here to catch up on my review and first impressions of Dior’s Spring Collection 2008!

Click here to enjoy my review on Dior’s newest lipstick!

Click here to find out why you should be purchasing your Dior abroad!

Click here to see my FOTD using Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Beige Lurex!

PS I failed to mention that I’ve added a secret little sale page to my blog! I’ll be updating this with tons of stuff soon as I am doing Spring Cleaning this weekend!

• 4/25/08 8:55 helly:

ooOO!! i see little fairy stickers :D hahhaa i was looking at the lip glosses thinking; hmmm… how come i don’t have that sticker on mine rofl. lol i’m such a noob :D ^^

the whiter/beige one looks so pretty, i think it’ll match quite cutely with your new fairy eyes :D

and this week is the end of my two week hols, which is why i’m commenting more ^^ and aww, its sweet to know i’ll be missed by the muse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

haha bt uni or now; i’m still here at least twice a day rofl :D

lovelovee~

• 4/25/08 9:00 *Jen*:

the corail lame is stunning! i’ll definitely be picking one up during the saks F&F event.

thanks for the swatches!

• 4/25/08 13:06 the Muse:

LOL it’s actually not a sticker just a little watermark to keep people from stealing my images :P

awww thanks *bats my lashes* hehe!

Awww no! I’ll mizz you! But be good, study hard ;)

LOL thanks for visiting me often Helly ;)

kiss kiss!

• 4/25/08 13:07 the Muse:

I love that one best to Jen :)

I’m looking forward to F&F!!!!!!

You’re most welcome *MWAH*

Happiest Weekend!

• 4/25/08 16:25 LeAnne@Hairs My Story Team:

I love the summer because everyone comes out with their bronze colors. Bronze suits me best because my complexion is bronze and it gives me a healthy gorgeous glow.
    hairsmystory.com

• 4/25/08 17:19 MandyPandy:

I know, this is totally off-topic and you’re going to hate me for it, but here goes…

I got my Badescu order today and so far I’m liking the Silver Powder. It’s easier to extract blackheads after using this stuff. Jury’s still out on the Buffering Lotion.

Also, I’m hearing good things about Mononoke (not the Miyazaki film). Have you seen it? If so, what are your thoughts?

• 4/25/08 17:31 Beauty Addict:

Hi Izzy, wow I’ve been busy this week and haven’t got a chance to read your posts properly yet. So many updates! That’s why I love reading your blog with the frequent updates :)

Anyway, I tried all 4 lipgloss from the recent Coral collection and bought 367 as I like the pinky peach colour. I almost caved in to buy 337 as well but decided to save my moolah for Naughty Nauticals, Dazzleglass and Heatherette.

Anyway, did you get any lipsticks from this collection? They look oh so pretty! :)

Take care and have a nice weekend! :)

gracie :)

• 4/26/08 0:30 ???:

the pendant is selling in malaysia for rm170 >_<
    pricey but pretty!

and the glosses are lovely!
    but the shades you swatch don’t really suit me
    i’ll see if there’s a red or pinky colour for me! :D

might splurge on it cuz it look so good!!!

• 4/26/08 1:10 PURSEBUZZ:

WOW .. These look great! I am so screwed.. I just said like 10 minutes ago .. “no more glosses after Dazzle” and here I am planning my trip to Dior. :P Thanks girl!! Have a great weekend!!!!

• 4/26/08 5:21 Emilee @ GMM:

I’m loving the look of Corail Lame! Looks like the perfect coral shade for summer. :)

That pendant looks tacky, but quite appealing at the same time! lol.

• 4/26/08 8:19 Anonymous:

do you know anmyhwere online to buy the anna sui hello kitty blotters?

• 4/26/08 9:45 ?ANGELA?:

DIOR cosmetic alway takes a sex and beautiful advertisement photo for their products. In this collection, I like beige moire more.

• 4/27/08 17:41 psychoexgirlfriend:

Hey Muse! The glosses are gorgeous but are they ultra sheer? Because for me, if they’re ultra sheer, I might as well just buy clear gloss. :-/ Beige Lurex is callin’ my name though!

• 4/28/08 7:20 the Muse:

hi Leanne!

I wish it worked well on me but I always feel like it makes my face look rounder :P

You’re lucky it looks gorgeous on you ;)

• 4/28/08 7:26 the Muse:

hey mandy!

No way it’s fine! I’m always off topic anyway ;)

Oh wow that is so great it is working for you! Worked fab for me too. I still have one stubborn one but I’m slowly chiseling it down with this stuff ;)

Mononoke the manga come tv series?

more details lovie.

I owe you an email. Will get to it shortly ;)

• 4/28/08 7:30 the Muse:

hi gracie :)

Aww thanks :) I try to keep it updated as possible for you guys *mwah*

Ugh I’ll need some serious $ for Dazzleglass and NN. I haven’t gotten DG yet as I am waiting for NN to release. Gonna do one big buy!

Naa skipped the lipsticks as I already got one and didn’t like it :P I actually reviewed it but wasn’t loving it :P

Hope your weekend was good!
    Happy Monday!

• 4/28/08 7:33 the Muse:

hi ???!!!!!!!

Too pricey for me :P It’s cheaper hereby $3-4 USD less than your cost but the color is wrong :P We got the gold only.

I seriously won’t use it which will be another item in the beauty vault unused and wasted so really not worth it for me!

They have quite a nice bit of pink and reds in the standard catalog ;)

but save the cash for dg from mac :)

• 4/28/08 7:35 the Muse:

hiya elessa :)

LOL ;) Did you get anything from DG? I’ll have to pop over and check out your review if so!

Hope your weekend was great!

Happy Monday!

• 4/28/08 7:36 the Muse:

hey Emilee @ GMM!

It looks amazing on! Very nice over lippies as well!

LOL! I guess as makeup addicts even the tacky appeals hehe!

• 4/28/08 7:37 the Muse:

hi Anonymous!

Nope. sadly not sorry. If you want regular anna sui blotters or regular hk blotters I can show you a few places to buy but not the anna sui x hello kitty blotters sorry. I haven’t seen them around in a long time.

• 4/28/08 7:39 the Muse:

hiya ?ANGELA?!

I concur. The adverts are always sexy and gorgeous. Beige Moire is very nice but my fav is def the coral color :)

Happy Monday!

• 4/28/08 7:41 the Muse:

hiya psychoexgirlfriend!

No not really. It depends the color you select. They aren’t as pigmented as say a mac lipglass but the colors are intense enough to wear minus lipstick or a stain.

Beige Lurex is quite nice on and pigmented enough to hold a good beige chocolate color on the lips :)

Also has a nice hint of orange/coral.

Happy Monday!

• 4/28/08 7:49 MandyPandy:

I’m not sure if there is a manga associated with it, but I meant Mononoke, the spin-off of the third volume of Ayakashi: “Bakeneko”. Mononoke is good, but not nearly as great as ‘Bakeneko’ (which is truly brilliant!). That said, Mononoke is one of the most well executed animes I’ve seen, EVER.

Yes, you do owes me an e-mail. Or two. Grrr! ;-P

• 4/28/08 13:57 the Muse:

There’s a telly show from 2007 that was 13 eppys that’s the Mononoke I thought you meant :)

Sorry ’bout the delayed reply. I started to reply but clients walked in!

I def have not seen Mononokee lovie. But now I’ll be on the hunt for it ;)

I do I do I’m so sorry. I’ve been bad with emails, comments and updates :(

• 4/28/08 16:21 MandyPandy:

Yup. That is the same Mononoke of which I speak. It has a wonderful artistic style to it, and a jaunty method of storytelling. Have you seen ‘Bakeneko’, though? I def. recommend catching that, as it’s brilliant.

Get thee to the Veoh!

Oh yes, and e-mail me, damn you!

• 5/1/08 9:57 the Muse:

sorry for the delayed reply mandy :P

I’ve read Bakeneko but haven’t seen it. I’d prefer watching on my tv on my couch ;) any chance of a dvd?

I did emails you!

• 5/5/08 23:11 Helena:

Hi muse, will you do a fotd on the dior glosses? I’m more of a neutral palette person but you’ve had me lemming for Beige Lurex, I’ve been wanting to get a chocolate shade but pure brown looks awful on cream skin like mine.

• 5/6/08 9:04 the Muse:

hello helena

good question. hehe. I believe I did but I don’t think I posted it. Did you want one with the beige lurex? I’ll see about doing one.

Where do you live if I might ask? If within the US maybe buy it, try it, and if it doesn’t work return it :)

I’ll try to get to an FOTD shortly ;)

Sephora has a very good return policy even on used items!

• 5/7/08 7:30 Helena:

yup the beige lurex.
    And sadly i don’t live in the us, I’m in s’pore and there’s no such return policy. All the prices are jacked up here, I’m paying 1/3 more for a clinique lipstick here compared to us. The worst thing is sephora doesn’t allow shipping to other countries, if they did i’d buy from there instead =(

• 5/7/08 7:37 the Muse:

hi helena!

How are you today?

I have a week of Naughty Nauticals planned but how does Monday sound for Beige Lurex? I’ll do a bronzy look. Sound good?

I’m so sorry :( ‘pore and other countries have really harsh return policies and prices are obscene :(

I’m a bit slow with cps honestly but if you have a list and don’t mind my slowness ;) I’d happily get you the beige lurex (if you like it) or anything from sephora and ship it over ;)

• 5/7/08 8:11 Helena:

please take your time musey! no rush ^^ Any look you do’ll look good my dear.
    It’s alright, no need to trouble you, i’d just keep in mind to bring over like a thousand bucks or something if i ever go over to us to spend on cosmetics.

• 5/9/08 12:59 the Muse:

hey helena :)

Aw thanks! I did it for you this morning :) It’s up on the first page! Hope it helps :)

*hugs*

LOL! Indeed! It’s much much much cheaper here!