MAC New View: Mineralize Skinfinish Duo Review
I already own a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light but when I seen the brand new Mineralize Skinfinish Duo released with MAC New View I didn’t hesitate in questioning whether I needed another one!
These are absolutely brilliant and it’s absolutely essential you pick one up even if you own the previous matte release. These are a unique duo of shimmer and matte powder in one compact. You get the benefits of an MSF plus a gorgeous shimmer to highlight! Is that freaking cool or what?
I do have one minor rant. I wish the split was even. The duo contains more matte MSF than it does shimmer so it’s pretty much an uneven split with the matte side making up about 75% of the palette while the shimmer side makes up the other 25%! I’m a shimmer girl so less is more doesn’t apply to me! More is better when it comes to shimmer in the Muse’s opinion! An even split would have been rather awesome but I do understand why they felt it was necessary to include more to the matte side.
You have a few choice ways to use this nify little palette which is always great as hey we all like variety right? If you so please you can swirl, swirl, swirl your brush all over the palette and apply which is what I did while I was testing. This creates a soft, candlelight glow to your face with just the right amount of powder and shimmer. Or you can just use either side separately or together! Apply a layer of matte powder to keep your foundation in place or use the powder as your foundation! Apply some shimmer to highlight cheekbones or even sweep across your eyes for a soft shimmer! The possibilities are endless! Multitasking products rock my socks! Can you say perfection on bare skin? Oh my god! I used mine on my freshly moisturized skin and it created such a dewy, fresh look!
I got my shade in Light Medium but there are four other shades to choose! Click on over to the MAC site to check out the shades!
Damn these are LE obviously I’ll need a back up! I can’t help myself!
Purchasing 1? 2? 3?
Tell the Muse!