Sephora Holiday Catalog 2008

If you haven’t already gotten it the Sephora Holiday Catalog 2008 should be winging it’s way to your inbox soon!

Picture+069

Although the catalog is considerably more simple than years past I really enjoyed the looks they created on some of the models and felt like they were all really do-able for yourself. Sephora has updated it’s youTube channel with short how-to’s on each look.

As beauty blogger the catalog doesn’t hold that special appeal to me as it used to considering that I have been blogging Holiday since early September and getting the catalog is somewhat of a snore because I’ve seen it all or tried it already. I kind of miss that warm, squishy feel I used to get when it arrived in the mail. Now I mostly end up concentrating on the looks and not the products.

Picture+073

Picture+072

Picture+071

Picture+070

Picture+080

Picture+082

Picture+083

Well that’s one I hadn’t heard! Must try this tip!
Picture+084

Picture+080

Picture+079

I thought all the looks this year were completely used friendly and was particularly thrilled with the Golden Goddness look which introduced the Stila Duo in Terracotta to me. How did I miss this shadow duo? So gorg! The Muse wants it!

Picture+078

Picture+081

Picture+077

Picture+076

Here’s the video from youTube on how to achieve these great looks:

The catalog couldn’t come at a better time considering that Sephora Friends and Family starts this week! Yay!

Did you get your catalog yet?

Anything in particularly getting your attention?

You can read more about the looks, how to do them yourself, and what was used by clicking here!

Tell the Muse!

museotherposts

Sephora Holiday Catalog 2007

Sephora Enchanted Fairy FOTD Holiday 2007

Sephora Catalog Looks

Sephora Summer Catalog 2008

Sephora Spring Catalog 2008

• 11/3/08 12:43 Sherry:

I have a question for the all-knowing muse. Can you use the sephora friends and family discount only once? Or can you use it again during the time period? I’m afraid I might forget to put something on my master list!

• 11/3/08 12:48 the Muse:

hi sherry!

hehe thanks :) I feel honored you think I’m all knowing!

Last year I used it three times. I’m honestly not sure about this year but I assume you’ll be finding using as many times as you want over the entire time it’s active.

However, if for some reason it fails to work you can always just open a new account with another email address and use it ;)

Last year I used it three times b/c once I did my own items, a second time I used it for gifts, and a third time for items I forgot :)

Hope this helps!

Happy Shopping!

• 11/3/08 12:56 Anonymous:

Kayvid: Good Afternoon Musey! What on earth is on this Model’s Lips:

They are so perfect for a holiday party…
    Also the earlier sephora model’s lips I want to know…I forgot which post you had included her in…

• 11/3/08 13:00 the Muse:

gorgeous aren’t they kayvid?

She’s using Laura Mercier Lip Colour Crème in Truly Red!

Hmmm which one? Can’t recall :) Let me know and I’ll see if I can tell you1

That color looks outstanding may need to add it to my want list :)

• 11/3/08 13:00 Anonymous:

Kayvid: YESSS!! This is the one I had asked you about earlier last week:

Any idea? Listed in the catalog anywhere?

• 11/3/08 13:02 the Muse:

hmm that’s the same pic?

It’s Laura Mercier :) Read above hehe!

• 11/3/08 13:16 Anonymous:

Kayvid: Do you think she has some kind of red shimmer on top of the lippie?

• 11/3/08 13:18 Anonymous:

Kayvid: Also the 2nd model, I copy pasted a wrong link. This is what I meant to ask:

I remember asking you about her lips sometime last week. Remember?

• 11/3/08 13:18 the Muse:

I suspect a bit of photoshopping Kayvid :)

You can probably dupe it by applying a gloss that has fine gold sparkle in it :)

Hope this helps!

• 11/3/08 13:28 the Muse:

that one I’m not sure sadly :( I looked but no word…could be the LM too!

If I find out I’ll tell ya ;)

• 11/3/08 23:44 sarahPUFFY:

Oh Izz, I HATED the looks. I’ve seen em before! Hell, I’ve done that purple one before! It was a real letdown. But what DIDN’T bring me down, are the new holiday products. I really want the new Cargo palette [4 shadows, 2 blushers] and that Too Faced palette, uh, Gorgeous 2 Go or something. And ofc, the Tarte Cheek Stain Trio. Nom!

I’m really diggin that uhm, that other thing from Too Faced, with all the little facebooks in there. 8 palettes for $60 is a STEAL! That’s like, $7 a palette! n.n

• 11/4/08 12:08 sarahPUFFY:

fer serious! maybe it was just the editing they did to the photos [I have to check out the vid to see the colours irl I guess!?]. I was just so disappointed. :(

mm I have such a cargo blush obsession. I have a feeling theyre going to make refills for that palette cos it looks like the included shades are removable!

and rarr Im so jealous! you lucky gal you =D

and I so want the teeny palettes. half for myself, and the others for a givaway! hee!

• 11/4/08 12:11 the Muse:

they did major ffing editing..colors aren’t nearly as vibrant on the models :P

they palette looked nice..I was keen on the plant line too!

hehe ;) I hear ya! of course I’m of the mentality 2 for me, 1 for them lol!

• 11/4/08 16:29 sarahPUFFY:

I was surprised that the model with the red and gold shadow? man, her lips looked just as bad in the vid as the photos! I have that 24 k gloss, and its NOT that ashy looking…I guess they used that loose powder as well? BAH.

I'm so loving the plant line. I hope its at our local store, I wouldnt mind getting the lippies or shadows as stocking stuffers this holiday =D

I feel bad when I try to be greedy with makeup! I want it all for myself but at the same time I want to share! >.<

• 11/7/08 14:36 the Muse:

I can’t believe it lol this is my fav look ;)

I didn’t like the lips though yak!

the planet line lippies are gorg gorg gorg!

LOL DITTO! same mentality here!