Lush Colour Supplement

Lush Colour Supplements 42

I find it incredibly interesting that with B Never’s demise, Lush has taken to 1. revamping B products and offering them as Lush items (hello lip scrubs) and 2. Migrating a few color cosmetics into their normal range of skincare and bath and body goodness.

Is Lush evolving into your one stop shop for not only skin goodies but also make up? Are they testing the waters to see how vegan makeup might take off? Are they simply combining two great companies into one Dark Empire?

Count me curious!

Jump!

Lush Colour Supplements are the newest item to pop up across the pond. New product, new idea really as this could likely be the first real makeup item that Lush has offered outside it’s sister brand B Never. That is, of course, if you aren’t counting lip balms.

Lush Colour Supplements can be blended with moisturizer for a natural tint or use it on it’s own as your base foundation. Interesting right? These come in four seperate shades which can be mixed together to form your perfect shade or used alone if you match up with any of the four offered. All the supplements contain a mix of soya and rice brain oils to care for all skin types and are formulated without mineral oil.

Lush Light Pink Colour Supplement is the lightest of the four. It’s suited for pale or pink complexions.

Lush Colour Supplements 1

Lush Dark Pink Colour Supplement is the darkest colour for people with a healthy glow or pink skin.

Lush Colour Supplements 3

Lush Light Yellow Colour Supplement is a pale shade and best suited to ivory skin. If you have a porcelain complexion this one is best for you!

Lush Colour Supplements 2

Lush Dark Yellow Colour Supplement is a natural rose petal base with a darker shade for olive or yellow skin.

Lush Colour Supplements 4

Each jar will set you back ¬£7.50 which isn’t too badly priced. The thing that worries me is the fact that they probably have a very short shelf life as they are free of many preservatives your normal foundation would have. I like the smaller size as that would mean I’d have a chance to use it up before it goes off however I’m hopeful shelf life is around a year to three years as with most B Never makeup items I’ve purchased in the past. If it’s a few months, it might turn into a little bit of a waste of money particularly if they are pigmented as a little will go a long way. Don’t quote but I doubt we’ll see these in the US but I look forward to seeing if they are released to Lush NA.

I’ve ordered some as I am very curious. I have a funny feeling it’s going to be a wonderful product….we shall see!

You can purchase from Lush UK which ships worldwide.

What do you think of a colour supplement?

Do share!

• 2/26/10 12:41 Jinnzor:

It does have parabens, so I don’t think it should go bad faster than most cosmetic products.

I think it looks quite nice, but I’m afraid it would make me really greasy!

• 2/26/10 12:52 the Muse:

hi jinnzor hope so :)

Dunno about greasy…but I’m willing to try :-D

• 6/24/10 9:42 Lushlover:

Ooh you did review it! Sorry for bothering you!

• 6/24/10 9:49 the Muse:

this isn’t a review lushlover just info about the product hun.

• 2/26/10 12:43 Melissa:

Please do a review. I’m really thinking about doing a UK haul.. haven’t since the summer but man that shipping is pricey!

• 2/26/10 12:53 the Muse:

def melissa I ordered them this morning :)

• 2/26/10 13:02 Gemma:

i tested one on my hand this morning the light yellow suited my skin tone, however i think it would be nice to use on its own as foundation, but you would use it up very quickly as the pot is tiny. I didn’t notice how long they lasted. I resisted the urge to buy one, however i did get a lot of other goodies .

• 2/26/10 13:09 the Muse:

hey gemma how are you hun!? :-D long time no speak! Are they light or heavy formula wise? Curious minds! Good pigmentation? Awww lucky girl! I have to wait for my bits to get here damn! but normally it’s fast shippin’!

• 2/26/10 13:13 Fabiola:

Ha, my skin colour probably falls in the ”dark yellow” category. Somehow I find colours suchs as sandy beige, sand or Bourjois shades such as “abricot√©” or “miel” more appealing. I know my skin’s a bit yellowy, but “dark yellow” makes me feel like I’m banana-like yellow, lol.

• 2/26/10 13:21 the Muse:

LOL fabiola banana yellow=NOT good :-D

• 2/26/10 13:16 Kate:

Intriguing, however it is rare I run into a Lush store so probably wouldn’t have a chance to try these. Plus I’m worried they would either make me greasy, either of the light colors wouldn’t be right, or everything would be perfect and the color would fade within an hour of applying it.

Oh wells! I still read the review and marvel at how lucky you are to buy all these products! lol

• 2/26/10 13:20 the Muse:

hey kate not sure ’bout the greasy factor I imagine it’s not like any other foundation we use daily? :-D fading prob will happen for me not so much fade but oxidize :P

• 2/26/10 15:17 jackie:

how do it work with ordering into the states? do you have to pay a lot for shipping and all?

• 2/26/10 16:49 the Muse:

hi jackie

it depends on the weight of your package. If you do a bigger order the shipping is actually ok because the price of the products is almost equivalent with US pricing. If you do a smaller order sometimes shipping is pretty costly! You can place items in your cart and fill out your zip/addy and it will estimate shipping prior to checking out!

Hope this helps!

• 2/26/10 18:36 Tracy:

How cool! I would love to try this! I hope this makes it’s way over to Canada soon!
    Have a good weekend Muse! :)

• 3/3/10 11:01 the Muse:

hey tracy aw thanks a little late replyin’ but thanks doll! hope we get it soon :-D as it’s a pain to get it from uk!

• 2/27/10 0:15 SilhouetteScreams:

I’m totally intrigued by these colour supplements, so I’m hoping they venture into a full makeup line sometime soon! :D

• 3/1/10 20:49 the Muse:

god that would be amazing silhouette with B gone I’d kill for makeup!

• 2/28/10 5:33 Paopao:

Hi Muse!
    I have a Lush store in my city since Christmas and I think we’ll hace this product this spring, if you need it I can get you a jar ;)

• 3/1/10 20:40 the Muse:

yay paopao! aw thank you dear I’m good ordered from Lush UK but greatly appreciate it dear girl, miss ya around here!

• 6/20/10 9:37 Cendana:

Hey, just wondering if you’ve tried it and actually have a review of it somehweree that maybe I’m blind and can’t find it? lol!!
    It’s such an interesting concept hehehe I’m so tempted to get 2 colours to play around with!! hahahahaha >.<" lush!!

• 6/21/10 16:26 the Muse:

hi cendana not yet dear :) but soon!

• 8/29/10 18:37 Virginia:

Jut a few days ago I got the
    Dark Yellow Colour Supplement.
    To all you ladies out there who are worried this will make your face look greasy, trust me, it won’t! I absolutely love it.
    I never have to do touch-ups during the day and it doesnt make me feel oily at all!
    I def. recommend this new LUSH product!

• 8/30/10 12:17 the Muse:

hi Virgina thanks for sharing your mini review!