What’s Your Favorite Benefit Boxed Powder?

Benefit Cosmetics Powder

I do so remember the first time I purchased a Benefit Boxed Powder. Do you remember yours?

It was Benefit Hoola and around the same time that Benefit Aruba in a Tuba was around. I’m guessing that this was 10 years ago at least and lord knows Benefit Hoola SO does not look good on me but I was all about dishing out my chunk of change for it because hello? It came int a brilliantly cute box….do I need any other reason? Seriously?

Benefit Cosmetics has since released a million other powders and I think I have lovingly purchased each and every one (aside from 10, simply don’t own that one hmmm) for the past several years even when the colors didn’t work on me because hey, cute packaging…must haves!

So what’s your favorite Benefit Boxed Powder?

Do you remember the first one you fell in love with?

Which one did you purchase that didn’t work for you but you still have because of the packaging?

Muse It!

• 4/28/10 18:58 Becky:

I love love love Dallas! It’s the prettiest blend of pink and bronze! It’s so subtle and beautiful for us olive toned gals. Dandelion is also very pretty but I only use that as a highlight. Love those box powders, wish I could collect them all. :D

• 4/28/10 19:42 CucumPear:

I only have four of them (though I’m still thinking about getting Hoola). My first one was Dandelion, which I liked but didn’t fall in love with, nor did Georgia thrill me. I still have both, I may need them one day, y’know. ;-)
    The other two, Coralista and Sugarbomb, I adore. I have rarely strayed from Sugarbomb since I got it, though I’ve reached for Coralista again recently.

• 4/28/10 21:50 the Muse:

coralista is my fav cucumpear :-D I wanted sugarbomb to be more like Coralista ;but sadly didn’t work out :P

• 4/28/10 20:01 Danielle:

Dallas is the only one of these I even like. All of the rest (other than Hula, which I have not used) don’t show up on my skin. :( Dallas is just okay to me, really, because the lasting power is next to nothing IME.

• 4/28/10 21:49 the Muse:

aw sorry to hear it danielle!

• 4/28/10 20:13 Janice:

My fav has to be sugarbomb! I love the mixture of 4 colors that you can use individually or swirl together. Its pure shimmery goodness!

• 4/28/10 21:49 the Muse:

good choice Janice :)

• 4/28/10 20:25 Bora:

I remember desperately wanting Dandelion for the cute box but it was just too pale for me. As they’re not exactly cheap (especially at UK prices) I didn’t but it and kept hoping and hoping that they’d produce one good for me. Unfortunately Georgia, Thrrob and Sugarbomb are still too pale but I finally got lucky with Dallas! Coralista is my favourite, followed by Dallas and Hoola. I’m praying that they come out with a more pinky version of Coralista. In Korea the cute box of powder packaging has been widely copied by many brands (e.g. Peri Pera) but the original Benefit ones are still the best!

• 4/28/10 21:49 the Muse:

eep not at all bora. coralista is my fav too followed by dallas :-D and thrroob than dandelion :-D I agree! Shills and also mugu has some dupes as well :-D but nothing like the original

• 4/28/10 20:37 Estella Iris:

Muse! I LOVE Benefit’s powders…. or Benefit’s products in general :P And Hoola is too dark for me too, but I do like to look tanned in the summer, so it kinda works as long as i apply it w/ a light hand.

10 is my absolute fav! It just adds a radiance to my face, and saves me the time of having to highlight and contour. I do recommend applying it so that the highlighter and bronzer are in 2 strips, but BLEND afterwards. I made the mistake of not blending before and there was an obvious line b/w the highligher and the bronzer…ugh… NOT pretty…After blending tho, u just get this subtle highlight and contour effect. Try it, Muse, i think u’ll like it!

• 4/28/10 21:48 the Muse:

hey estella I use it over a little cheek stain :-D works a treat! I must get it :-D sounds fabs!

• 4/28/10 21:14 Marina:

I don’t own one, but I really like the looks of the Georgia peach one. I love peach color blushes!

• 4/28/10 21:45 the Muse:

me too marina :-D me too!

• 4/28/10 21:49 mia:

It’s a two-way tie between Coralista <3 and Sugarbomb <3

• 4/29/10 8:30 the Muse:

coralista for the win mia :-D

• 4/28/10 21:59 Kelly:

I haven’t tried any of the others yet, but Dandelion is my favorite and my recent makeup obsession! I LOVE the smell, and the color is perfect on me. I have really pale skin, but at the same time I have a horrible red undertone and so it’s difficult to find blushes that don’t make me look like a clown. Dandelion looks really natural on me and gives me the perfect amount of color while toning things down. Sometimes I’ll use a bit of Posietint under it. The packaging is adorable on all of them! I think I will try Georgia next, but I’ll probably collect them all at some point; all the colors look really flattering though I’m not sure about Hoola.

• 1/31/11 10:03 Liane:

Me too! Dandelion is a staple for me. I wear it every day. Georgia, on the other hand… well, I tried it, and I thought it would be nice because I’m so fair, but it didn’t show up on me at all unless I put on a ton of it, which I’m not keen on considering that price tag (ouch!). Skip it.
      Sugarbomb is really pretty on fair skin, too, but you definitely need to go at it with a light hand. Like, use one of those fan brushes, otherwise you’ll look like you’re having an allergic reaction to life.
      I’m told Hoola is a bronzer for bronzerphobes. I’m afraid to try it. I’ve never met a bronzer that actually looked good and/or natural on me, but a fair-skinned friend of mine swears it’s legit. I might bite the bullet and at least try it on at my Sephora.

• 4/28/10 22:30 Resa:

OMG! My first one was Dallas, during my first ever (!!) makeup haul in December 2008. I’ve only got two though. I bought Sugarbomb a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve had my eye on Coralista for a while. Is it a dupe of Nars’ orgasm?

I was thinking of writing a blog entry on the things I use to get ready for the day, and I believe 90% of my stuff is benefit. Ahh, it was love at first haul.

• 4/28/10 22:38 Renata:

I only have the powder pop palette, and I’m happy I got this before buying the full size Dandelion, because I don’t like it at all, although it was the first one I got kind of crazy to buy. I didn’t expect to love Dallas as much as I do, it was a nice surprise. L-o-v-e !

• 4/28/10 22:46 aretha:

awww muse youre making me choose how could you! :P My fav used to be Dandelion and then Thrrrob and now its Coralista! Although I still do love Dandelion and Thrrrob. I hate Georgia though because it doesn’t show up on my face and i’m super pale!

• 4/29/10 8:29 the Muse:

haha aretha :-D sorries :-D same here OMG! same thing! Dandelion was my fav and followed up by thrrob but coralista stole my heart :-D georgia was at first great, I was tricking myself though, but now I’m finally out of denial about how very subtle it is!

• 4/28/10 23:34 Elizabeth:

Dandelion is my favorite (tho I’ve only tried that and thrrob).I think that was actually one of my first sephora purchases! I’m ridiculously pale and it’s the perfect blush for me. I really want to try dallas or coralista but i’m afraid they won’t work with my skin tone.

• 4/28/10 23:35 Sarah:

I have Dandelion (which was my first), Coralista, Georgia, and Hoola. I wear Hoola daily, so I guess it’s my fave. I also really love Dandelion. Coralista is nice, but I have so many similar blushes that have the peachy pink color. And Georgia is nice when I want a very subtle look. They smell good too, which I kind of like :)

• 4/29/10 22:43 the Muse:

coralista smells incredible sarah :D

• 4/28/10 23:59 jackieg02:

The first one I bought was Dandelion, buy my favorite is Sugarbomb. Sadly, I only own those two. Thinking of getting Coralista though!!!

• 4/29/10 8:29 the Muse:

get it jackie :-D gorg shade my dear!

• 4/29/10 0:14 j e n:

SUGARBOMB!!!!!!!! Dandelion is my second fave! <3

• 4/29/10 0:32 Chelley:

What color does Sugarbomb give? Peachy pink? How is it different from Coralista?

• 4/29/10 2:46 Ceriene:

Whoa! There are eight already? I thought they only had 5 or 6, lol. I own Dandelion, Perfect 10, Coralista and Sugarbomb, while my sister owns Thrrrrrob.

Dandelion is too light for me sadly, and Perfect 10 isn’t the best Highlighter/Sculpting powder out there. I’m in love with Sugarbomb though, and Coralista when I’m looking for a brighter pop of color. Those two are definitely my HG blushes.

I’m debating getting Dallas next time though. My poor wallet. u_u;

• 4/29/10 2:48 Chelle Chioa:

10 is my first box o’ powder and I’m loving it! It gives me a natural healthy glow and an extra oomph in sculpting my cheekbones ^.^

• 4/29/10 8:24 the Muse:

hey chelle ONLY one I haven’t tried :D

• 4/29/10 2:57 Tohnia:

I don’t own a Benefit powder, but Coralista’s cult following is tempting! Same with Hoola. They’re pricey on a student budget, but I might splurge sometime!

• 4/29/10 8:23 the Muse:

tohnia if anything get coralista its awesome :-D wait for Sephora FF to haul it :D

• 4/29/10 2:59 donna:

Dallas is incredible. It’s so deceiving! In the packaging it just looks like a muddy brown but it is seriously the prettiest blush I have ever used. In the winter when I’m pale I use it to contour and in the summer I use it as a blush. My second fav is Hoolah. It is the perfect contour color. Once again, looks like a muddy brown if you apply too much but if you know how to use it, it is STUNNING. I like the questions you pose, btw. Very interactive and fun. :)

• 5/5/10 22:27 the Muse:

aw donna glad you enjoy these :-D I do too! makes it fun talkin’ to everyone!

• 4/29/10 5:53 Cynthia Zacharica:

Hi Muse!

Been reading your blog for a while now. I love love love it! Whenever I search for something, I always end up here :). Thought it’s about time I talk to you :D . I love your reviews, your sense of humor n you’re sweet.
    I only have 2 Benefit boxes atm. Coralista~True Love! and Thrrrob~ Powder doesn’t show on my face much but I could look at the cute box all day :D.
    Living in India it’s not easy for me to get so many things coz most of the popular brands like Benefit, UD, Bobbi Brown, Nars etc etc… have not arrived here yet :( . We have to wait 4-6months after the official launch date in the US for new Mac Collections to get here too!
    Anyways, just wanted to say ‘hi’ (in many sentences) :D …have a great day!

♥xx♥

• 4/29/10 6:06 cham:

CORALISTA had my heart..^^

• 4/29/10 8:23 the Muse:

me too cham!!!!!!

• 4/29/10 6:13 aquahartz:

Love 10 & Dallas!!
    Now starting to love Coralista.

• 4/29/10 8:22 the Muse:

aqua coralista fan here too :D

• 4/29/10 7:48 Catherine:

I have coralista, sugarbomb and georgia – i love the first two, although i still haven’t worked out how to use georgia – i’m pretty pale (nw20) and it does not show up on my skin, like, at all!! i’m not sure who it could work for. I hope they come out with more though :)

• 4/29/10 8:22 the Muse:

catherine same prob here, georgia is nice but sometimes a little too sheer. I apply a little stain under it and brush on top, works a treat this way :D

• 4/29/10 8:02 Dee:

I own Georgia, Coralista, Throb and 10 Palette.. My favorite is always Georgia. I want to try out Sugarbomb and Dandelion desperately! I guess I’ll get them in autumn.
    Throb doesn’t exactly work for me but I guess nobody liked it so much :)
    and I don’t have the original 10 but I have a smaller version and as far as I can tell it’s pretty much awesome even I don’t like bronzers..I didn’t get Hoola but I’m curious about it as well, since bronzers don’t look good on my skin :)
    Actually I met BeneFit recently and now I’m addicted to it!
    Anyways, love reading your reviews!

• 4/29/10 8:21 the Muse:

aw thanks dee *hugs*

Benefit definitely makes some incred products :-D I like Coralista ALOT more than Georgia :-D more pop for me. I def need to try out 10!

• 4/29/10 8:19 Sasha:

I have them all, except for Dallas and Georgia. I haven’t tried Hoola yet, because I’m not sure what kind of brush to use- I am pretty pale. Dandelion is my go-to, love it!

• 4/29/10 8:20 the Muse:

sasha I adore dandelion it was my fav for a long time :-D Use the brush hoola comes with or a tiny kabuki ;-D

• 4/29/10 8:46 Stephanie:

Of the ones I’ve tried (Hoola, Georgia, Dandelion and Coralista), Coralista is definitely my favorite!

• 4/29/10 10:45 stef:

Coralista is not just my favorite Benefit blush, but my fav EVER!

• 4/29/10 10:48 Shirley:

I currently have Dandelion & Georgia, both are a delight to use.
    They both show up really well on me!
    The packaging is amazing. (I am huge sucker for packaging!!)
    My addiction hoard on blushers can be a bit OTT.
    I can understand that they may not suit everyones skin colour/tone.
    Anyway, I have since bought Kevin Beautymaker – Peach powder compact and the dupe for it aint that bad either…
    But I will always go back to Benefit – its so nice to rediscover the range when you havent used it for about 4-5 months!

• 4/29/10 10:55 Gabrielle:

I only just bought Georgia about a month ago, I thought it would be a pretty peach. Now I just use it as a highlighter, because it gives a sheer glow! I also got a sample of Coralista, and I have to say that is my fave because of the color.

• 4/29/10 10:58 Miss Molly:

I only have Dallas, and I use it as a blush everyday. In fact, it’s the only blush I own. It’s in the Celebutante set so it’s not in the usual box packaging.

• 4/29/10 13:08 Fuuka:

Dandelion all the way!! I haven’t bought one in a while(switched to Clinique’s Blushing Blush line. Awesome colours(Posy and Cupid) with shimmer! Plus cheaper sadly…)

• 4/29/10 13:15 Allison:

Coralista and hooks are my favorites! Can’t live without hoola! I also really like Dallas an want to try throbb!

• 5/2/10 8:52 Me:

Oh I LOVE all of them. I wish I could buy them all. You made me love coralista, and I also like Thrrob, Dallas, and Hoola.

• 5/2/10 19:37 bb:

OMGSH…i desperately need to try one! i’m always reluctant to buy any of these because i’m not too sure about the pigmentation? Is it any good?

• 5/3/10 9:39 the Muse:

hi bb depends on which you buy hun but many are pigmented yes. :) particularly coralista!

• 5/8/10 22:51 Claudia:

• 5/8/10 22:52 Claudia:

HOOLA all the way! best matte bronzer I’ve ever used by far. then i would probably say either dallas or coralista. gorgeous blushes (although dallas can also double as a bronzer)!

we all know how much the muse loves coralista lol

• 10/10/10 13:53 D x:

My first was coralista, I wear it almost daily.
    My other one is 10, it’s really effective at contouring.

I love Benefit :)

• 10/12/10 13:37 the Muse:

me too DX ;D Coralista is awesome!

• 3/23/11 19:02 ribbonroses:

My first was Sugarbomb, which I wore for my wedding last October, and still love lots. In the last month I’ve bought Bella Bamba and Dandelion….. developing a bit of a habit here…. and I want Coralista too…… they’re so pretty! I had 10 put on me by a rep and hated it so I’ll not be rushing to buy that one but I may have to give Hoola a go come summer……

• 8/7/11 1:02 Bethany:

Georgia was my favorite and will be forever.. I have a slight olive undertone to my skin.. but I have the pinkest cheeks ever.. I actually use a little concealer to contain the blush.. You would almost think rosacea but i’ve seen it on other people and its not the same lol..but Georgia made my skin look amazing and just balanced the pink with the peach and amazing. I wish it would come back. : (

• 2/8/13 10:53 Elizabeth:

I really want to try 10 so far I’ve tried hoola and Dallas

• 2/8/13 11:06 Elizabeth:

Hoola is DEFINITELY my favorite

• 5/15/13 19:52 Elle:

10 is the best boxed powder I have tried so far from benefit
    What is your favorite??

• 5/16/13 9:42 the Muse:

def coralista and bella bamba ;D

• 8/20/13 11:39 Cham:

Coralista. Hands down. :)

• 8/20/13 11:39 the Muse:

I love that one too Cham!