Benefit Girl Meets Pearl

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl 2

Bella Sugar Australia and my mate Iris bring the word of something new from Benefit.

Jump!

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl is a raspberry scented Golden Pink Liquid Highlighter much like Benefit High Beam and sporting the same package as Benefit That Girl Primer.

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl 1

I think they had me at raspberry scented but than I heard golden pink and I get all kinds of hyper. I dunno if I can make it work but damn sure I’ll have fun trying!

Let’s hope we see it on our shores soon.

What do you think?

• 8/18/10 12:09 jenna:

oh my! i don’t know if its the packaging, cute name, raspberry scent, or the fact that it’s “liquid pearl for the face” WHO doesn’t want liquid face pearls?! i sure do.

but sadly i don’t think i will realistically be able to work with a pink liquid highlighter :( liquid colours on my face are not my friend. sigh.

• 8/18/10 12:17 the Muse:

LOL jenna tell me ’bout it :-D No me either plus my skills at application are such a FAIL but I’d prob get it just b/c it smells sweet lol..how diseased!

• 8/18/10 12:34 mon:

Yes for the raspberry scent! I hate the smell of raspberry so this is one product Benefit is making me NOT want! lol Love and look forward to your posts. Take care!

• 8/18/10 12:36 the Muse:

hi mon! HA it saved your money by being raspberry scented eh? :-D

Aw thanks xoxo!

• 8/18/10 15:36 ace:

OMG. i NEEEED this. desperately. DESPERATEY I TELL YOU!!!!! i have a slight benefit obsession…

• 8/18/10 15:55 the Muse:

lol ace :D me 2

• 8/18/10 17:53 ace:

im so obsessed ive actually put this onto my google alerts… :)

• 8/27/10 9:16 the Muse:

HA ACE! :-D you’re worst than me girl!

• 8/18/10 15:56 mon:

for me, raspberry scented products= yuck= $$ saved :)

• 8/18/10 16:07 the Muse:

mon wish I had the same mentality :D

• 8/18/10 16:27 Leah:

Oh Benefit, just when I’ve got myself straight again after the global financial crisis… and now this!

Did you hear about Prrrrowl as well? Mascara/Lip Glaze pen in the style of PocketPal I think?

• 8/18/10 16:32 the Muse:

no Leah what when where hook me up chicklet! where’s the deets on dat?!

• 8/18/10 17:43 ace:

oooh im intrigued too!!!

• 8/18/10 19:37 Vanessa:

Can’t decide if I want this or not – not too fond of the twist up packaging, but on the other hand, the colours on it are just screaming *too cute* at me to buy it.

• 8/20/10 12:48 the Muse:

vanessa same here :-D plus scented?! SQUEAL!

• 8/18/10 21:56 Amalee:

This is too pretty! I can’t wait to check it out :D

• 8/19/10 1:18 cham:

i soooooo need this!!! yey!!!!=)

• 8/19/10 9:05 sillylilacs:

You had me at the picture =p First I was like Benefit? Chinese? Whuuuut?

Then I read some more…and I want it ^_^

• 8/19/10 9:32 the Muse:

he lilac :-D i know picture was kinda confoosing

• 8/19/10 9:36 sillylilacs:

Twas! It’d be awesome if Chinese was on the packaging though…=D

• 8/20/10 10:29 Miss Kitty:

it’s not quite so pink, as soon as you put it on skin it goes a bit more golden, so a bit more like moon beam meets that gal rather than high beam :)

• 8/20/10 12:39 the Muse:

oh sounds lovely kitty!

• 8/27/10 17:34 HerpDerp:

I tried on this and Prrrowl in a Benefit store, they’re both fantastic. It doesn’t exactly smell like raspberries though, it smells exactly (EXACTLY) like That Gal. But holy bejeebus, did it make my face look good. And the Prrrowl lip gloss has blue sparkles in it!!! Squee!

• 8/30/10 12:26 the Muse:

awesome herp! really wanna try girl meets pearl!

• 9/11/10 21:31 Laura:

I tired it out today at Macy’s – the SA nearly glopped it all over my hand. I had enough to cover my whole face.

I’m not impressed – it’s like the That Girl version of Moonbeam. And I’m a Highbeam gal all the way. The gold shimmer is just too much shimmer to pull off.

I’ll stick with Too Faced Candlelight, it’s just the right amount of gold shimmer – so soft and light. This felt “in your face” to me. But then again it could be that SA.

• 9/13/10 13:52 the Muse:

thanks for letting me know Laura. Wasn’t sure about this one either. Bit too much shimmer!

• 11/9/10 15:24 Promise:

Ok, Muse, I am needing some serious help! I have tried Smashbox Photofinish and I tried Benefit That Gal face primer, and then I have applied my MAC Satinfinish liquid foundation, and it does not go on smoothly! It just sticks in certain places and does blend in. Am I doing something wrong??

• 11/9/10 15:38 the Muse:

what doesn’t go on smoothly promise? Girl Meets Pearl!?

• 11/9/10 16:01 Promise:

No, I just didn’t find a review on That Gal Benefit face primer, so I posted on here. Here’s what I’ve been doing, I apply a tinted moisturizer, then I apply benefit that Gal face primer, then my MAC skinfinish foundation, and the foundation goes on really splotchy like its catching on the primer and does blend. Any suggestions?

• 11/9/10 16:05 the Muse:

oh I got confused Promise. I’d apply the primer first than the TM than the foundation? http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2007/07/27-down-drain-and-none-richer-for-it.html here’s my review. I really didn’t love that girl to be honest :( or perhaps skip the TM? and just prep with a moisturizer, apply that gal, and than finish with your foundation.

• 11/9/10 16:28 Laura:

Hey sorry to butt in, but I thought I’d tell you what I do (although I don’t use that gal , I use Highbeam)

I mix everything together on the back of my hand – a dab of Primer, a dab of TM, and a dab of High beam, squish together with my finger and it becomes it’s OWN product. Works great – everyone compliments me on my “dewey” look

• 11/10/10 11:30 the Muse:

go right ahead Laura ;D

• 11/9/10 18:35 Promise:

Ok – thanks! You’ve been really helpful. Thanks for the fast response! Yours is the first makeup blog I check every day! lol Just curious, what moisturizer do you use to prep your skin? Thanks!

• 11/10/10 11:29 the Muse:

aw thanks promise that’s super flattering appreciate it greatly ;-D I use various moisturizers to be honest, I switch around alot b/c I’m always testing new stuff but my skincare of choice is Lush and my daily moisturizer is Gorgeous.

• 11/10/10 11:35 Laura:

Can’t tell who you are asking – but if it’s me. I actually use CG Smoothers TM and love it. It’s just as good as high end. But if I use high end I use Laura Mercier.

• 11/21/10 10:28 Charlotte:

I’M IN LOVE! , This has gotta be one of the best benefit produuctss evaaar xD The smell is sooo yuuummyyy! I sat there smelling it for like 10 minutes! And as for the actual cream. Amazing! Perfect colour. Perfect shimmer. Perfect glow. MINE!

• 11/22/10 9:59 the Muse:

sounds GORG charlotte :)

• 12/28/10 15:03 Isabel:

I got given this as a present and I rushed to go and use it… however, unfortunately no liquid is coming out… i have twisted and twisted the bottom but nothin comes out… :/ any help!?