Stila Holiday Blockbuster Set SOLD OUT!

Stila Holiday Blockbuster Set

Wait what?

A Stila Holiday Blockbuster Set available in a limited supply of 50!?

SERIOUSLY!?

Jump!

Today, Stila launched it’s Holiday Blockbuster Set but the catch was they only had 50 units to go around.

Come.
On.

WTH!?

It sold out before I had the chance to say, “Yes, I’ll try it!”

Stila Holiday Blockbuster Set 2010

The set was $28 and included:

• 30 Stila Eyeshadows
  • 3 Stila Convertible Colors
  • 15 Stila Lip Colors and Glosses
  • 2 Stila Sun Bronzers
  • 2 Stila Cheek Colors
  • 2 Stila All Over Shimmer Highlighters
  • 1 Mini Mascara

How? Why?

Did anyone get there hands on one?

Do share your plunder!

Used to be available at www.stilacosmetics.com

Bring it back dammit! Nothing like a makeup junkie scorned!

Although I admit it has a weird Sephora vibe going on. Channeling bad quality?! I’m just lashing out trying to make myself feel better here!

Please see this updated post for more details!

• 11/2/10 11:25 courtney:

shut up!! no way ! 28 bucks? stila? something sounds fishy…

• 11/2/10 11:32 shirley:

they have this exact set at costco for only $20.

• 11/2/10 11:36 the Muse:

seriously shirley?! from stila?!

• 11/2/10 11:43 shirley:

yup, i see stila stuff at costco all the time. it’s fun and exciting. :)

• 11/2/10 11:44 the Muse:

whoa Shirley ;-D thanks! and 20!? will have to go!

• 11/2/10 11:41 RuthieGirl:

I’m WITH YOU all the way on this! What in the WORLD were they thinking??!

So NOT cool, IMHO! Yeah, it’s just makeup, but seriously, why did Stila even send the email out to their ENTIRE e-newsletter mailing list with THIS type of product, at THIS time of year, with THAT kind of price point (amazing?! crappy?! it could be ANYTHING but WE’LL never know!), and (most importantly) KNOWING and ANNOUNCING proudly to all the world that they only had FIFTY of them?

Feels like I got taken on a bait and switch and the saddest thing is that I don’t even have a “switch” to mourn over! :(

Well, the world will go on, but if Stila thinks this is gonna win them any customer love I’m pretty confident they are sooooo in error!

Okay, rant over. Glad to see I’m not the only one incensed over this, though! ;)

• 11/2/10 11:43 the Muse:

hey ruthie girl LOL you sing it lady! ;-D I hear ya! I could understand 500 maybe but 50?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what?! I’m such it’s a marketing stunt and we’ll be able to get it on Cyber Monday or something! I was disappointed :(

• 11/2/10 11:51 RuthieGirl:

Yeah, 500 – understandable even if a really low number for the price!

But maybe you’re right and it’ll be a Cyber Monday deal – they’ll claim “due to popular demand” or some such – and bring it back…

Okay, read Shirley’s comment about seeing it at Costco! I’m so intrigued but sadly I’m up in the frozen midwest and we don’t have ANY Costcos up here… I’m so curious I feel like just blindly calling SOME Costco SOMEWHERE! LOL! I have heard that Costco stores do get Stila products in frequently from friends in Cali so it’s not that far out there – except for the big deal they’re making in the email about the limited # of palettes available!

Things that make ya go hmmm… ;)

• 11/2/10 11:56 the Muse:

I’m placing bets it’ll be back Ruthie ;-D I never really have much luck with Costco in New York to be honest. I see people getting all kinds of Stila from their costco but def nothing in ny :(

• 11/2/10 11:59 Alexandra:

All these “blockbuster” set remind me of repackaged private label stuff :/

But for under 30 totally worth it

• 11/2/10 12:02 the Muse:

seems it’s the year of the palette alex ;D

• 11/2/10 12:07 deepthoughts:

I actually got this as a gift from my sister for my birthday. She got it from costco. You’re not missing much. It’s so so.

The eyeshadow colors are all matte and not that pigmented. The darker colors are better than the lighter ones.

The lip colors are nice but again not very pigmented and a little dry. They are all lipsticks, no glosses.

The best part of this set is probably the check colors. The blushes are all nice and smooth, and well pigmented. The illuminator and bronzer are nice too.

All in all, it’s ok. I’d skip it.

• 11/2/10 12:09 the Muse:

deepthoughts you rock thanks ;-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11/2/10 12:19 deepthoughts:

Also the description above of what’s included is not accurate.

There are no convertible colors. They are the three powder blushes on the bottom right.

Other than those blushes there is an illuminator (which works as a blush too) and a bronzer. No other cheek products.

There is no mini mascara. There’s a mini lipliner (ok) and eyeliner (not good-hard).

• 11/2/10 12:21 the Muse:

hmmm weird deepthoights maybe the costco one is diff from the one on the site? the details of what’s inside were taken from stila directly…

• 11/2/10 12:24 deepthoughts:

That may be the case. But it’s a little weird because the palette I have looks exactly like the picture.

• 11/2/10 12:26 the Muse:

strangeeeeeeeeeee ;-D we’ll have to wait and see damn!

• 11/2/10 18:40 Promise:

I’m not at all disappointed, because this looks just like a bunch of crap palette that has low quality product. No thanks!!!
    Thanks for the info about it, tho. :-D

• 11/2/10 20:33 Caitlin:

I purchased this from Costco a couple of weeks ago and ended up returning it. As some one else has said, the quality of the shadows was very sub-par and the glosses, though pretty, were extremely sheer.
    I’d actually go as far as to say that most of my drugstore products are better quality than these.
    You haven’t missed out, but I agree that this was a terrible marketing decision on Stila’s part. I also bet that the 50 who did get it will be disappointed with the quality once they receive it.

• 11/4/10 12:51 the Muse:

aw damn caitlin that sounds awful :( I got a friend to get me on at her costco, I’m def curious but not expecting much ;D

• 11/8/10 13:03 Jovanna:

I got this from Costco on Saturday. For $20, I’m just expecting to use this to play with, not replace my GOOD eyeshadows. The lighter colors were more chalky, but almost all of my eyeshadows had glitter in them, not a shimmer or sheen/pearl. The cheek colors are good, the lip liner and eye liner are pointless, and the lip pots are sheer, making me very happy. Oh, and each well was the size of the tip of my pinky finger.

• 11/8/10 13:43 the Muse:

Hi Jovanna thanks for the review hun! Sounds like alot of people have been disappointed by this :(