the Balm The Muppets Cast Your Shadow Palette

I dunno how many of you are old enough to actually remember the Muppet Show but it was staple child programming when I was growing up. I loved the Muppets…well, actually, I still do.

My favorites are without a doubt the Swedish Chef, who cares you couldn’t understand a word he was saying? Camilla the Chicken, you had to wonder what she was getting into with Gonzo, ewww, shudder! And, of course, The Electric Mayhem Band because everyone in the band was awesome particular Animal and Janice, both of whom I suspect were smoking something fly.

Which are your fav Muppets?

Do you remember them growing up?

My reader Rose pointed out that @CCardellino tweeted a rather fabulous photo of a palette from the Balm that will be releasing to celebrate the Muppet Movie.

the Balm The Muppets Cast Your Shadow Palette

Take a peek!

Supposedly these will release in November and be limited to a mere 1,000 palettes. Eep! Guess we better get our Muppet on right proper quick to avoid a sell out.

There will be sixteen shades with names like Wocka-Wocka & Great Gonzo.

How fabulous is that?

I don’t have exact details, pricing, or a release date but it was fun seeing the photo this morning (Thanks Rose!).

Hopefully I’ll snag myself one when it releases later this Fall.

What do you think?

• 8/15/11 10:39 Sarah S.:

Wocka-wocka eyeshadow! Haha, priceless!

• 8/15/11 10:41 Courtney:

I love Statler and Waldorf (the old men in the balcony). Jim Henson was a genius. I love the muppets and can’t wait for the movie. I loved the Labryinth too (best movie ever!). Palette looks super awesome.

• 8/15/11 10:45 the Muse:

LOVE labyrinth too Courtney and of course Dark Crystal!

• 8/15/11 10:42 Comrade Garlic:

Where’s Statler and Waldorf? They are the reasons I wanted to grow up to be a bitter, cynical old biddy.

• 8/15/11 10:44 the Muse:

LOL! they were awesome too ;-D

• 8/15/11 11:47 rose:

ha! they were awesome. and HII-YA! and dark crystal (someone make a dark crystal palette!)

thebalm makes awesome shadow and this looks like a fabulous totally musey palette and I HOPE thebalm sends muse a couple of them to review and host an awesome contest.

because i NEED swatches!

• 8/15/11 11:57 the Muse:

will totally buy it rose ;-D as soon as it comes out. I NEEDS it ;-D and of course, swatches to follow. We can hope the Balm might send an early press sample though *fingers, toes, and legs crossed*

• 8/15/11 12:02 rose:

will hold you to that!!! it’s gonna be hard to touch and use when it’s that cute so you could get two. or so.

hmm… not that I don’t trust you with the muppets but if you buy all 1000 I’ll be dropping by with a check and a deceptively innocent expression for mine :-P

hee!

• 8/15/11 12:03 the Muse:

LOL! ;-D I’ll try to go easy there ;-D! but yup, I think two might be in order ;-D! haha!

• 8/15/11 12:08 rose:

ok but don’t worry too much– if it happens that way, we get coffee, do makeovers
            ;-)

• 8/15/11 12:26 the Muse:

sounds good to me ;-D!!!!!!!!!!

• 8/15/11 10:42 Cosmetics Aficionado:

OMG!!!

MUST.OWN.THIS.

• 8/15/11 10:44 Larie:

So cute!!! I want one!

• 8/15/11 10:46 kiwikiwidragon:

OMFG!!!! This is amazing!!! I am/was die-hard fan! Original bunch, not this recent stuff they try and roll out. Sorry, but to me the Muppets died when Jim Henson did. Kermit is my favorite and my dad and I danced to Rainbow connection at my wedding. I have to have this, any idea how to find out how to be notified?

• 8/15/11 11:01 the Muse:

Agreed Kiwi on all accounts…they really aren’t as wonderful or magically as they were when he was alive, no way, no how. You can check their site believe they have an email newsletter :)

• 8/15/11 10:57 kimkats:

OMG! This is awesome!! I LOVE(D) the Muppets – they were the most creative and clever bunch of “people” on TV! I’ll bet that palette doesn’t last 10 minutes once it hits the interwebs!

Oh, and this is one of my favorite skits from the show:

Lol! Happy Monday, y’all!

• 8/15/11 11:03 the Muse:

ha thanks for sharing that one kimkats ;-D mine is of course pigs in spaceeeeeeeeeee!

• 8/15/11 11:23 Missy:

The Muppet Show was the best! Such great childhood memories :) My favorites were Beaker and the show where Harry Belafonte tried to sing the Banana Boat song LOL

TheBalm is awesome. I sure wish they’d make more than 1.000 palettes.. geez those will be gone in a heartbeat! Why can’t we all have Wocka Wocka eyeshadow?? :::whining::: LOL

• 8/15/11 11:29 the Muse:

missy that was an awesome show and love me some beaker ;-D! *sniffle* I agree! hope that’s only a rumor!

• 8/15/11 11:50 rose:

they can sell all 1000 of em in a day– as long as I’m front and center of the line >:-)

mineminemine

me: animal & miss piggy’s daughter

• 8/15/11 11:24 Ally:

I freakin love the muppets! Must have this! I agree with you guys that the quality of the muppet stuff went way downhill after Jim Henson died. My favorite from old sesame street (not all the elmo crap on now) was Guy smiley the game show host. I think my favorite muppet is either Bean the Bunny or Rizzo the rat!!

• 8/15/11 11:27 the Muse:

bean awww I love bean ;-D and rizzo rocks ally ;-D!

• 8/15/11 11:27 Maggie:

AHHHH OMG I NEED THIS. This may be the one and only palette that I don’t depot, LOL. MUPPETS!

• 8/15/11 11:36 Ally:

Bean reminds me of myself haha kind of wimpy, kind of a pushover lol but funny! I have to have these and the opi muppets polish. I also love pigs in space!! Mainly just how they say piiiiiigggggss in space. Lol

• 8/15/11 11:57 the Muse:

pigggggggzzzzzz in space ;-D hehe!

• 8/15/11 11:45 Jackers:

This is a dream come true for both the child and the makeup fiend in me. ;)

• 8/15/11 13:29 MeganNoel:

I can’t wait for this! I’m not sure how much I’ll be using palette if I’m lucky enough to get my hands on it, but I’m more excited that they’re pairing up with OPI and doing a nail line, I’m super excited to see how the glitter polishes turn out!

• 8/15/11 14:27 dangster:

My favorite is also Swedish Chef! Bork bork bork!

• 8/15/11 14:58 the Muse:

borkie bork bork ;D!

• 8/15/11 15:44 Hai Dao L:

oooh, must have!
    i’m only a teenager now, so I was only able to watch the Muppets from old VCRs my parents taped, but I have to say my favourite muppets are Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and of couse, the Swedish Chef!
    Bork bork bork! :D

• 8/15/11 17:20 Xail:

I’m not old enough to remember “The Muppet Show” being on TV, but a few years ago my mom got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I started watching it a while ago, and I love it.

My two favorite episodes of all time are the Rudolf Nureyev and Elton John ones. I watch those two episodes every single time, and I swear I’m going to scratch up those DVDs and make them skip one day. XD

• 8/15/11 19:07 Shari:

OMG! I so want this!!!!!!!!!

• 8/17/11 4:08 Quinctia:

So, my first reaction was excitement, because of how much I love the muppets, but I’m rather disappointed in the colors. Not even a Kermity green? And then limiting it to a very small run? Bah.

• 8/17/11 12:06 diane:

this brings NEED to a whole new level!! i LOVE the muppets- and the muppet babies. i always had a soft spot for robin, kermit’s nephew. it’s good to be an 80s child.

• 8/17/11 12:10 the Muse:

omg the muppet babies…wow diane…just wow…;-D I forgot how awesome they were!

• 8/21/11 16:31 sara:

Hey Muse…Just picked up..The Balm and the Beautiful palette at Tj Maxx…for $20 bucks…Same colors …exactly…but no muppets…..But for $20 bucks…I can live without the muppets:)

• 8/22/11 10:01 the Muse:

AMAZING sara that isn’t due out until the Holidays SO incredible you found it already!