Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches 001

Cheers to the reader (sorry for forgetting who it was) that told me the new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters were on sale at Walgreens for Buy One, Get One 50% Off. That super deal pushed me into the realms of hauling nearly every shade.

Here’s a few swatches to whet your appetite.

Jump!

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches 002

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches 004

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Swatches 003

Review upcoming shortly but so far going to say they are worth throwing your coin at.

Helpful Tip: The sale ends Sunday but if your displays are stripped bare or you simply can’t find them at your local Walgreens simply head to the cashier, ask for a rain check, and you can get them when the store restocks or stocks the product. Rain checks are normally good for a year or more that means you can get them for the same sale price anytime!

• 10/26/11 21:14 Susan K.:

I want them so bad! I’m living in Tokyo currently and though the makeup here is outstanding, I find myself missing some of my drugstore staples. :(

Do they feel as gorgeous as they look? Gah! /dies…

• 10/31/11 13:43 the Muse:

feels amazing to me susan :) I likey alot! girl what are you ranting about, Japan has so much to offer :)

• 10/26/11 21:15 darkeyedfran (claire ramirez):

OOOOOHHHHHH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I popped on here for a second time today! (you’re my daily fix musey!) these look so amazing and I think I need them all right now!!!! thank you!

• 10/31/11 13:42 the Muse:

aw thanks claire :) flattered I’m on your list! my pleasure they are fabs :)

• 10/26/11 21:46 LollySue:

It’s raining and I am in my jammies, but I seriously want to go to Walgreen’s RIGHT now and buy these!

• 10/26/11 21:48 S:

Pretty swatches, Muse! Glad you found them!! Can you tell me which shade is the 3rd one from the left?

• 10/31/11 13:40 the Muse:

hi s will update shortly with names/reviews! :)

• 10/26/11 21:53 Hai Dao L:

loving the shades! :)

• 10/26/11 21:59 Sara:

Oooh! I’m so glad you got a bunch! And thanks for the swatches! I haven’t seen these yet at either my Walgreens or CVSs, but maybe I’ll get lucky tomorrow.

Looking forward to the review. :D

• 10/31/11 13:39 the Muse:

my pleasure chica :) review upcoming, bit behind yak!

• 10/26/11 22:04 Cj:

Are those swatches layered or one coat? I was hoping these were gonna be sheer :\ packaging reminds me of my (HG) Dior addict lip glow

• 10/27/11 14:25 the Muse:

one coat ;-D they are pretty pigmented for the buck cj! Not like lip glow, def not, more color!

• 10/27/11 0:21 Jessica:

What shades are these, Muse? I can’t wait to haul these!

• 10/27/11 14:10 the Muse:

will update shortly jessica :)

• 10/27/11 3:05 yelena:

umm names of each swatch?

• 10/27/11 9:23 the Muse:

I’ll have a full review shortly with names :)

• 10/27/11 11:56 yelena:

THNX!

• 10/27/11 12:31 the Muse:

np :)

• 10/27/11 6:12 plue:

i think the original colourburst colours are great, and now lipbutters? cool beans! sounds great for my chapped lips, the original ones don’t work so well if i got a bad lip day >.<

• 10/27/11 8:17 Traci:

These look promising! Reminds me of the Clinique almost lipstick.

• 10/27/11 9:22 the Muse:

indeed traci! :)

• 10/27/11 8:54 Karrie:

The swatches look great.
    I’ll be heading over to my Walgreen’s today.
    Hopefully there will be some left.

• 10/27/11 9:04 Marina:

Ooh! Those look nice and shiny. Love how they seem to have a wetter texture.
    By the way, Muse-you told me to let ya know what I thought of the Hello Kitty brushes once I got them. Yes, they are a little on the cheaper side, but I think for $25 ($20 during F&F) it’s worth it. The HK holder is ADORABLE and the brushes are cute. I actually feel the size is perfect for me, but I just have extremely small hands. Last night I was experimenting with some of my new Fyrinnae shades to figure out what I want to wear to Rocky Horror Picture Shown tomorrow night and I used the shader brush. It fits my lid PERFECTLY and evenly distributed the product over Pixie Epoxy, something I sometimes struggle with with Fyrinnae’s loose shadows. I definitely love that little brush. The all-over shadow brush is nice too.
    I haven’t tried the others, but I can see the face brush being nice for powders or blushes.
    I’d recommend them for the cute-factor and decent brushes, but never at the original price of $50.

• 10/27/11 14:09 the Muse:

Hey Marina I’m happy to hear this! I agree fifty would have been a splurge but hey at $25 well worth it for the cute factor and hey they even worked nicely for application! brilliance ;-D!!!!!!! I might pick up the nior set when it goes on sale after the holidays ;D if they still have it that is ;D!

• 10/27/11 9:34 Casey:

oh i will def be going to walgreens today!!

• 10/27/11 10:08 Stacey:

Walgreens is the only place I have seen them as of yet where I live…been there 3 times in the past two days stocking up, I have ten out of the possibly 19? that might be out there..wish Revlon would list the shades..

• 10/27/11 10:11 the Muse:

I THINK there are 9 shades stacey but don’t quote me ;-D because if their are 19 I have to go out and locate the rest haha!

• 10/27/11 11:17 Stacey:

LOL!!! I will be hunting for sure!!! I have ten right now..they are simply FABULOUS!

• 10/27/11 14:01 the Muse:

;-D NICE!

• 10/27/11 12:44 sammie:

There are WAAAY more than 9! Saw what seemed to be over 15 different shades at my local CVS!

• 10/27/11 12:51 the Muse:

it seemed like mine had duplicates sammie of the same shade darn!

• 10/27/11 15:17 sammie:

Just read that there are in fact 20 and they will be permanent come January :D

• 10/27/11 16:40 the Muse:

lovely!

• 10/27/11 10:25 Reena:

In looooove with the colors you chose! :) definitely wanna get some lip butters! thanks!

• 10/27/11 10:50 Tina:

Those look so nice! I went to my Walgreen’s yesterday and nada. :-(
    I’d get a raincheck but wouldn’t even know what colors/shades to get, but good to know about the rainchecks. Thanks for that.

• 10/27/11 10:53 the Muse:

hey tina maybe my review will help you with the color choice :) your welcome! the raincheck sure is helpful to get them on sale when your wally’s stocks!

• 10/27/11 11:50 Suzie:

There are 20 (!) shades based on reading all the boards and seeing in the stores. I think I have all the names if you want.

• 10/27/11 13:58 the Muse:

no kid!? whoa! yes I’d love to hear ;D!

• 10/27/11 14:10 Suzie:

berry smoothie, brown sugar, candy apple, cherry tart, cotton candy, creamsicle, crème brulee, cupcake,
        fig jam, gumdrop, lollipop, peach parfait, pink truffle, raspberry pie, red velvet, strawberry shortcake,
        sugar frosting, sugar plum, sweet tart, tutti frutti

• 10/27/11 14:14 the Muse:

DAMNZZZZZZZZZZ! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10/27/11 11:52 Majick:

nice – I like the color in the top row all the way on the right. Looks like a MLBB color. ALso, it looks like it may even be a dup for Black Honey? or possibly the bottom row all the way on the right?

These look like a nice mix of pigment and shine.

• 10/27/11 12:22 mayrei:

I’m going to stop by Walgreens tomorrow and see if they have these. I was in there about two weeks ago and they didn’t… are these really new?

• 10/27/11 12:29 the Muse:

pretty new mayrei!

• 10/27/11 12:24 Prairie Peg:

I just grabbed up six of these in an assortment of colors – awesome! I now have some for home, work and car! If I had more $$ I may have picked up all of the colors – they are all wonderful and gorgeous!

• 10/27/11 13:01 Laura:

What’s that brown one called???????

• 10/27/11 13:08 the Muse:

list shortly in a review laura :)

• 10/27/11 13:09 Angela:

Looks like I’ll be stopping by Walgreens today! lol. I can’t wait for your review on these. =)

• 10/27/11 13:55 the Muse:

:-D have fun Angela!!!!

• 10/27/11 14:36 yelena:

you ARE a tease! I like the last on the first row and the 2nd & 3rd on the second row. :P

• 10/31/11 13:36 the Muse:
  • 10/27/11 22:23 CK:

ughh, i’m so jealous. none of the drugstores in my area ever have anything good :<

• 10/28/11 1:35 kate:

aw man! i was at walgreens like 4 times this week. i remember seeing these and i couldn’t access your website for a review so i kept walking! they were all stocked, too!!!! gah!!!!!!!!!!! ok im going back, again, tomorrow. i hope you get all the colors you want! if you can’t get a color, you have to let me know muse! i swear no one goes to walgreens around here bc ive never seen so much makeup fully stocked before in my life!

• 10/28/11 16:01 the Muse:

LOL kate LUCKY girl! My walgreens is stripped thanks for the offer chica! I think they are still on sale? it’s bogo at CVS or was it walgreens…one of those lol I’m having a senior moment. buy some, worth it either way ;-D nice stuff!

• 10/28/11 9:27 JenJ:

Saw a youtube video about these last night. Now this post AND a sale. It was meant to be:) Walgreens here I coooome!

• 10/28/11 11:54 the Muse:

have fun jen! :)

• 11/1/11 16:30 JenJ:

Didn’t make it to Walgreens. Wen to CVS today and they have a buy one get on 50% deal going on. Picked up 4 colors! Got some extra bucks today so I may go back and get a couple more colors. Are these limited edition?

• 11/1/11 16:51 the Muse:

nope will be part of the full line jen come 2012 ;-D yay! 20 shades supposedly or 19…! yay for a great haul

• 11/2/11 11:13 JenJ:

cool! yowza that’s a lot of shades lol!

• 10/28/11 21:30 TokyoChel:

I must have gone to every store in a 15 mile radius looking for these before finally finding them at Bed, Bath, & Beyond! They had prob 8 of the shades left and they were $5.79 each.
    After staring at them for like 20 min, I ended up with Sugar Frosting and Gumdrop. Sugar Frosting is barely noticable, just a little frost look to your lips, but I like Gumdrop. It’s very unique.
    Somehow after how hyped these are, I felt slightly let down. I do like them, I just don’t feel like they stay moist for very long at all. I imagine the darker shades would be even drier.

• 10/31/11 13:00 the Muse:

aw sorry chel! I actually liked them alot…pretty good formula for ds! I’m so sorry you hated :(

• 10/31/11 18:34 vivavoomz:

They look so moisturising.

• 11/2/11 8:24 Natasha:

Hey Muse!
    Do you know when or if these are going to be available in the U.K??

I dont think it will be here any time soon, it took 2 years for the revlon bitten lipstain you guys have in the U.S to get here to us in the U.K im soo jealous you guys get the best drugstore stuff first! xx

• 11/2/11 9:33 the Muse:

not sure natasha surprised you didn’t get them first :) you guys normally get everything first ;-D I’m shocked to hear about the lipstain! I wish I had a release date for ya hun!

• 11/2/11 10:25 Stacey:

I have tried many a lip balm, gloss, etc…and almost always seem to end up with annoying excess? in the corners of my lips after a while…looks so bad….these do NOT do that..they actually seemed to improve the condition of my lips after wearing it..similar to the Cover Girl Lip Perfection..I LOVE THESE!

• 11/3/11 23:42 noelle:

these are my new favorites! I LOVE these! I have 3 already. LOVE LOVE LOVE!