NARS Andy Warhol Collection Fall 2012

NARS Andy Warhol Collection Fall 2012

WWD reports today that there will be a NARS Andy Warhol Collection coming at us for Fall 2012.

This collection will be created by François Nars under a license with The Andy Warhol Foundation.

According to WWD, “it is intended to evoke the cool, image-rich, character-laden world of Warhol”.

The collection will launch in October.

Official word comes from NARS today confirming that the collection will indeed be created but no word on colors so I’ll update you as news becomes available.

Andy Warhol never particularly struck a chord in me so I’m unsure how I feel about this collection. I’ll have to see it before I make my final decision.

Updated Collection Info:
NARS Andy Warhol Holiday 2012 Collection
NARS Andy Warhol Pop Collection
NARS Andy Warhol Silver Factory Collection

What do you think?

Perhaps bold, striking shades of color yes?

details via WWD

• 3/20/12 14:36 Hafsa:

Somehow I can imagine a greeny/yellow colour and a deep yet bright purple in there too. Excuse the poor colour descriptions!

• 3/20/12 14:37 the Muse:

sounds about right to me hafsa ;-D and maybe bright red as well

• 3/20/12 14:41 Rawr:

Genius, just genius~ Now we need a Marilyn collection from MAC with special packaging just sayin’ (unless theres already been one?)

• 3/20/12 14:52 the Muse:

there is a Marilyn collection launching but not sure on the special packaging part ;-D they haven’t confirmed yet.

• 3/20/12 15:00 Sarah S.:

Really? OMG awesome! Of course it’ll probably all sell out before I can get a piece :P As for this one, I think it’ll be lots of primary colors… or maybe some Factory Girl/Edie Sedgewick kind of looks? This could be really fun :)

• 3/20/12 19:06 xoxo:

I saw the collection!! I cannot tell anything but I can assure you is going to be a real work of art!!!

• 3/21/12 9:53 the Muse:

sounds great xoxo!

• 3/22/12 2:36 Ryan:

I hope there’s some really pale lipstick in this collection. The kind that’ll do Edie Sedgwick and Nico proud. Also I have to say it: I’M SO EXCITED THIS IS AN ANDY WARHOL THEMED COLLECTION!

• 3/23/12 2:34 Melissa:

omg I will need it for the collection factor hopefully its not insanely expensive. Thanx for the post.

• 3/23/12 23:27 amy:

I will *not* be buying any makeup until October!!! I must save every penny for this!!! Well, the MAC Marilyn Collection, too… Why must both be coming out at the same time? I swear, it must be a conspiracy. Six months without buying makeup will be next to impossible (well, maybe a couple of MAC shadows in August with the LE repromotes)… I absolutely love NARS *and* Warhol, but I’m not typically a fan of bright colors. However, I will make an exception for this and buy *everything* possible. I’m actually looking forward to the packaging and shade names more than the actual product, which is weird because I usually hate marketing gimmicks…

• 6/29/12 14:17 Rachel B:

AMAzing idea, im sure this collection will be amazing bold colors.