Are You Ready for Ciate’s Caviar Manicure? It’s Coming to Sephora!

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 6

Developed by celebrity manicurist and Ciate Creative Director, Charlotte Knight, the Caviar Manicure instantly gives nails a sophisticated feminine look aka I wanna suck my fingers because they look like an ice cream sundae, what? Just keepin’ it real peeps.

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 4

Jump!

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 5

This two step nail art system produces a one of a kind nail masterpiece with a 3-D effect.

Simply paint on two coats of the base shade and while nails are still wet, pour on the caviar pearls. Shake off the excess pearls onto a tray for later use.

The kit features pearlescent beads produce a 3D effect on nails.

Each set contains Ciate base polish shade and Caviar Pearls and comes in the following shades:

• Rainbow: Nail Polish in Strawberry Milkshake/Caviar Pearls in Rainbow
  • Mother of Pearl: Nail Polish in Snow Virgin/Caviar Pearls in Mother Of Pearl
  • Black Pearls: Nail Polish in Ghetto Fabulous/Caviar Pearls in Black Pearl

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 3

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 2

Ciate Caviar Manicure Set 1

The Ciate Caviar Manicure Set is $25 each and available at Sephora.com now and launching in May at Sephora stores.

Will you be embracing the trend for Spring/Summer 2012?

• 4/12/12 16:15 eight:

It’s cool but I don’t want to support Ciate because they told a blogger she couldn’t call her mani “caviar manicure” because they’re in the process of trying to get it trademarked. As in.. they haven’t even trademarked it yet, yet they’re telling her not to use a term that I don’t even think they invented.

• 4/12/12 16:21 the Muse:

I honestly don’t know anything about eight and unless the company can confirm that info I probably won’t avoid the brand because of it ;-D although I’m not much of a nail girl anyway, total biter! hehe!

• 4/12/12 16:18 Musebeliever:

Oh yes. I am so ready for this.

Except that they are hard to find down here !

• 4/12/12 16:29 Comrade Garlic:

Go to Micheal’s. Locate the scrapbook section. Buy microbeads. Save yourself $24.25. I got a bottle of silver ones for 50%off. I spent a whopping $0.75.

• 4/12/12 16:31 the Muse:

w00t yay for budget awesomeness ;-D

• 4/13/12 17:39 Joy:

LOL, I was about to suggest the same thing… I bought about 7 bottles from the Martha Stewart collection in TJMaxx about a month ago for $1.25 each, this is not new…they did not invent this! what a fraud!!!

• 4/12/12 16:29 Cj:

I saw a YouTube video of this a while ago. Definitely caught my interest. I’ll probably try it when it pops up on sephora. Can’t decide on which color I want tho lol

• 4/12/12 16:31 the Muse:

can I eat the left overs you don’t use on your nails? they’d make good toppings for my cuppycakes. ;-D

• 4/12/12 16:36 Cj:

Lmao sure. I never actually tried caviar before, my inner 7 year old just screams ew! lol

• 4/12/12 16:36 the Muse:

lol it really isn’t as bad as it sounds, HONEST ;-D

• 4/12/12 16:37 Ruthless:

Yep, I bought a bunch of microbeads from Michaels too going to try this out

• 4/12/12 22:00 Southern Gorgeous:

Hahaha! I am doing the same thing! Yay for craftiness!!

• 4/12/12 16:39 tiny:

YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!!! TOO MUCH FEELY THINGS ON TEH NAILS!!! THEY WILL BE TOUCHING YOU!!!!!! DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!! *muppet arm flails and runs away*

• 4/12/12 16:41 Kate:

They look awesome, but I know they won’t be practical for my real life.

I’ll keep an open mind because I want to love them, even though I can’t see how the beads would stay on while you. oh I don’t know… dress yourself, shower, tidy dishes, wash hands, pull clothes up and down for “potty time”. Somehow, I think these are more for photo shoots and the runway!

• 4/12/12 16:43 the Muse:

omg I was thinking potty time too what if one slips in your…ahem…lol!

• 4/12/12 21:36 Kate:

Heh… lol.

Buyer Beware!!

• 4/12/12 16:58 Tammie:

yeah, since you don’t use nail glue only the polish I can’t imagine it would stay very well!

• 4/13/12 2:24 Hillary:

I did my own version of this manicure with micro beads from Hobby Lobby and it lasted a whopping 24 hours before falling apart. I think this would work really well for a special event/one time wear type of thing, but in my experience, it definitely doesn’t hold up long.

• 4/12/12 17:25 Tigress:

That’s hideous. Do not want!

• 4/12/12 17:28 Michelle:

The mother-of-pearl might be nice for a wedding manicure….although if I was a bride I might be freaking out about the beads coming off and the mani just falling apart in general. Also they would never last an all-inclusive vacation and all that time in the hot tub. :)

• 4/12/12 21:18 moena:

It’s gross-looking and just thinking about the texture makes me feel uncomfortable, like I’m looking at high def pics of insects or lotus boob.

• 4/12/12 23:14 Julia:

$25 for a polish that I don’t care for and some beads is just ridiculous; I bought a pack of 12 colour mini beadsa from ebay for less than $5 incl p+p and put on a coat of nail glue over the polish and then press the beads on and they last about a week.

Ciate just seem a bit too cheeky IMO.

• 4/12/12 23:18 Kelly:

LOL Comrade Garlic, I had that exact same thought when I saw this!

• 4/12/12 23:38 Mara:

I’d rather go to a craft store and buy some tiny beads liek that and save myself some money.

• 4/13/12 0:38 K:

for a bottle of nail polish and some microbeads, I think the price tag is too high.
    and I don’t find this nail design too excited. it’s just like pouring glitter onto your nails, same logic

• 4/13/12 1:26 Melissa:

I like my nails polished and pretty much always have them done. I do gel manicures at home or occasionally get a pro-one. I love the look in the pics but I really don’t like texture on my nails. If I have a little bump in my polish its a matter of seconds before I’m picking all of it off. I think this would bring out my ocd and a waste of money but yet it soooooo tempting to have nommy looking nails.

• 4/13/12 3:01 Niebby:

I actually did this with microbeads from Michaels– The Martha Stewart brand has a kit with about 6 different colors for about $10 if i remember correctly.

The beads actually do stay on nail polish really well and if you do it over a piece of paper then you can just pour the leftover beads back into the bottle.

The only thing I found the beads getting in the way of was running my fingers through my hair, otherwise I hardly noticed anything other than how pretty it was.

• 4/13/12 7:49 Jane:

Looks fun! Just not practical when doing patient care. :(

• 4/13/12 8:07 Majick:

I think it’s cool but I’m not a big texture on the nail girl. I tried the sephora bling and they looked great but they were annoying as all get out.
    I saw someone use the microbeads on a website and thought it could be a cool idea. It will definitely be cheaper than buying the kit but you may have some trial and error to get the same effect.
    We have a nail polish vendor at work who sells opi and essie discounted. I wonder if he will get this stuff?
    If I try it I’ll send a pic.

• 4/13/12 8:13 ladydi:

now they should make that purple lipstick in the ad!

• 4/13/12 9:30 Kim:

I’d like to try it but it only lasts a few days so I do not think it is worth the extra effort and cost.

• 4/13/12 9:48 Eve:

I love the pink and rainbow beads! I’m afraid of fibers/hair getting stuck in it though. Maybe I’ll try the microbead method first.

• 4/13/12 14:26 Chels:

I’m sorry, but this concept totally skeeves me out. No idea why, but those promo ads are almost nauseating to me. ITS SO WEIRD

• 4/13/12 21:47 dina:

i’m going WTF on this one…..

• 4/15/12 11:02 Linda:

I removed all my posts with ciate polishes, after they attacked bloggers . No way im gonna support such company . Dont like seeing this post either .

Look for cheaper version of this in Lucy Stash blog – Kaviar mani

• 4/16/12 16:27 Karena:

It looks like person wearing this has a nail disease! It makes my stomach turn. LOL