MAC Archie’s Girls Launching Soon

MAC Archies Girls

MAC Archie’s Girls, the very eagerly anticipated collection featuring Veronica and Betty from the Archie’s Comics, is launching soon. So soon in fact that MAC already has a sign up sheet on their site. Head to maccosmetics.com and wait for the window to load…you’ll have the option to fill out a form to be alerted as soon as the collection launches.

MAC Archies Girls Collection

I imagine a few pieces will sell out fast so signing up might just be a good idea.

I have high hopes for this collection.

So are you a Betty or a Veronica?

MAC Archies Girls First Look

• 1/8/13 11:06 Claudia:

¡¡I’m definitely Betty!!… Thanks for this marvelous news… I am eager to know this new M.A.C. collection… I think It will be awesome… A big hug from Colombia (I love your blog)

• 1/8/13 11:14 the Muse:

my pleasure claudia ;-D I’m a betty too ;-D HUGS!!!!!!!!!! love ya back ;-D <3!

• 1/8/13 13:27 K.B.:

If I’m being truthful I’m a Veronica. lol

And I’m sure this is another MAC collection that will make me hate the way they do business. I’m not a MAC devotee by any stretch of the imagination, but it irritates me that 1) they release their collections online at midnight, and 2) they don’t limit the number of duplicate products that people can buy. I’m sure it’s unAmerican to complain about people buying 10 lipsticks and then selling them on eBay for $50 a pop, but I’m complaining anyway.

To end this comment on a positive note, I’m glad that this collection has pretty packaging. :)

• 1/9/13 0:52 amy:

No, it’s not “un-American” to feel that way, at all. I don’t mind people jacking up the prices on ebay, at all, but I do feel of MAC is going to put out a “Limited Edition” collection, it should be just that-Limited. MAC should put limits on the quantity one can buy, as it’s not like they won’t sell out, anyway.

• 1/8/13 13:40 Michelle:

Can’t seem to find the sign up?

• 1/8/13 13:49 the Muse:

as soon as the slideshow launches on the site it appears right on the apres chic page as a pop up

• 1/8/13 13:41 breyerchic04:

Do we know what is in this collection? I can’t find a listing on any blog.

• 1/8/13 13:49 the Muse:

mac hasn’t release the information yet

• 1/8/13 14:09 breyerchic04:

That seems backwards to how most collections work. Why would I want a text when don’tknow if there’s anything I can use.

Signed up anyway…

• 1/8/13 14:18 the Muse:

sorry breyer, mac hasn’t provided me with any other details and I just happened to see it on their site today so I thought I’d share the news if anyone was interested to be alerted when it launches. As soon as I have further deets I’ll def be posting :)

• 1/8/13 14:31 breyerchic04:

Not your fault! I’m confused by MAC not you ;)

• 1/8/13 14:54 the Muse:

mac confuddles us all sometimes ;-D

• 1/8/13 13:59 elle:

even better, i’m a cheryl ;)

• 1/8/13 14:08 the Muse:

lol ;D

• 1/8/13 14:12 vanessa:

is this collection going to be available at nordstroms

• 1/8/13 14:17 the Muse:

yup at all mac counters/locations vanessa.

• 1/8/13 14:54 Marta:

Oh my. I dont’ know who Archie is. Nor Betty. Nor Veronica. Maybe I need to get pop culture supplements because vitamins are not helping me right now. I’m really crossing my fingers for this collection to be great, because I’m running out of patience with Mac. And MUA always recommend me pinks and purples, so I’m considering that pic a sign to start listening!

• 1/8/13 14:59 breyerchic04:

A comic that I thought was from the 50s or 60s but apparently is still pop culture?

• 1/8/13 17:30 Marta:

I don’t know, one of my teachers said anything after the 1950s is pop culture, other anything from the 1980s and apparently Wikipedia thinks the whole 20th century is included.
        A retro comic inspired collection then? That sounds like cartoony fun! And I did like the Venomous Villains collection… I’m def getting my hopes up.

• 1/9/13 1:30 blueraccoon:

Archie comics are still being published today; while it may have started back in the 1950s (I’m honestly not sure) you can find them in comic book stores and possibly other bookstores with a decent comics section. I think I used to see them at the checkout aisle in supermarkets but I’m blanking on whether that was back in the 90s or today. This is the website: http://www.archiecomics.com/

• 1/9/13 14:32 Marta:

Thanks for the info and link! Unfortunately I don’t think this comic ever got popular in Spain, so I wouldn’t find it anywhere.

• 1/8/13 15:04 JoElla:

A second no eyebrow look today? uuuuuuugh no!

• 1/9/13 0:35 amy:

Even if this collection appeals to me, 1) I’m afraid it will be subpar, & 2) will I actually be able to get my hands on anything…

• 1/9/13 2:49 Shadia L.:

Oh, maaaaan! I used to read those comics something fierce in middle and high school! And though I definitely liked Betty more, I myself am more like Veronica in many ways. I usually don’t go in for MAC very much and don’t pay much attention to any collections, but this–!!!!!