MAC Year of the Snake Collection

MAC Year of the Snake

I swear I just typed Year of the Snack. Someone is hungry. MAC Year of the Snake Collection launches next month and happens to be a collection I haven’t even heard about before but now I know I need it!

P.S. Anyone got a granola bar or something on them? This Muse is hungrrrryyy!

MAC Year of the Snake Collection

MAC Karrie has posted all the deets and the gorgeous MAC Year of the Snake Collection. I couldn’t help but think the Year of the Dragon would have made a nicer collection but hey, I’m liking what I’ve seen from this collection regardless and I’m sure you will too!

This launches February 2013.

Eyeshadow:

• Once Upon a Time…(Metallic vanilla) (veluxe pearl) (repromote)
  • Aztec Brick (Frosted true copper) (veluxe pearl) (repromote)
  • Altered State (Deep frosted blue purple) (veluxe pearl) (repromote)
  • Carbon (Intense black) (matte) (permanent)

MAC Year of the Snake LargeEye Shadow Carbon 3

MAC Year of the Snake LargeEye Shadow Carbon 2

MAC Year of the Snake Eyeshadow 2

MAC Year of the Snake Eyeshadow 1

Pigment

• Brash & Bold (Bright magenta) (repromote)
  • Push the Edge (Deep bright purple with pearl) (repromote)

MAC Year of the Snake Push the Edge Pigment

MAC Year of the Snake Pigment

Lipstick

• Freckletone (Neutral peach) (lustre) (permanent)
  • Plumful (Blossoming rose-plum) (lustre) (permanent)
  • Cockney (Sheer yellow red with multidimensional pearl) (lustre) (permanent)

MAC Year of the Snake Cockney Lipstick

MAC Year of the Snake Lipstick

MAC Year of the Snake Plumful Lipstick 2

Beauty Powder

• Shell Pearl (Pale peach with gold pearl) (repromote)

MAC Year of the Snake Beauty Powder Shell Pearl

Powerpoint Eye Pencil

• Engraved (Rich black) (permanent)

YearoftheSnake PowerpointEyePencil Engraved 725

Zoom Lash Zoomblack (permanent)

YearoftheSnake ZoomLash Zoomblack 725

I LOVE the Beauty Powder! I have to look in my stash, I don’t believe I have the shade!?

Yes, to everything particularly the beauty powder and the lipsticks.

Thoughts?

Do share!

• 1/18/13 10:57 Agata:

I was wondering if the collection would be available in the US too or only in Asia. The beauty powder does look beautiful (it was apparently first released in the Give Me Liberty of London collection back in 2010 :)

• 1/18/13 11:02 the Muse:

wondering the same, she states US release as well as Europe. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I prob have it. Ha! it looks much nicer in this promo images!

• 1/18/13 11:20 K.B.:

Passing on the entire collection because I am so freaked out by snakes that I want to boycott MAC forever for this collection. lol Why is it one of the few times they do special packaging/product design is for a freaking SNAKE collection. The only good snake is a dead snake!

Honestly, I’m only commenting (I usually try to keep my freak-outs to myself (hah! I just wrote muself instead of myself)) to let you know that I’m hungry today, too. I almost told one of my co-workers that I was heading to lunch before I realized it’s still early. UGH. Today is crawling!

• 1/18/13 11:25 the Muse:

I rarely eat lunch or breakfast but I swear I could eat a horse today. and funny because I had a huge ass overstuffed dinner last night that a friend cooked, was amazingballz but today I’m hungry!? wth!? ;-D PS I feel that way about spiders!

• 1/18/13 11:37 K.B.:

OMG, no wonder you’re hungry! I eat every couple of hours (well, I eat three meals a day, but I break my breakfast up into 3 morning snacks and then I usually have some almonds a couple of hours after I eat lunch. Once I eat dinner, I’m usually done for the day.

And I’m okay with spiders, provided they’re, like, Daddy Long Legs. I don’t do tarantulas or banana spiders, or anything similar. My fear of snakes is baaaad. Like, I freeze when I see a picture of one. I about died when I saw the basilisk (sp?) in the 2nd Harry Potter movie. lol And I can’t deal with roaches (or palmetto bugs…..shudder), either. I live in Florida, so I freak out on the regular. lol

• 1/18/13 11:45 the Muse:

usually I’m not…it really depends on my day. I find I’ll take time out to eat if I’m not busy but if I get busy I kinda forget to eat. Dinner I def don’t skip ;-D I typically depend on different granola or energy bars for lunch…I think Monday? I was super hungry so I ended up having a grilled chicken wrap! I have craptastic eating habits.

let’s face it, I can’t deal with bugs period lol! but spiders particularly…ANY kind, even small ones. but snakes, naaa I’m cool with that ;-D

• 1/18/13 14:59 deliah:

Awh, guys, you would hate one off our pets… a large ball python with the sweetest little personality. She loves slithering in my sweater and tangling herself up in my (long) hair because it’s warm and hidey. I’m seriously loving the shade and pattern on the beauty powder.

• 1/18/13 15:01 the Muse:

what’s her name!?

• 1/21/13 10:07 deliah:

Her name is Bear, lol. She was already named when my bf rescued her.

• 1/21/13 10:12 the Muse:

delightful ;D

• 1/20/13 9:14 Majick:

I hear it tastes just like chicken… LOL ;-D

• 1/22/13 20:04 Trust:

Way to wish death upon all four of my babies(one of which is a rescue!).
      Really, I don’t mind if you don’t like/are scared of snakes but that is so immature and inconsiderate. I don’t tell cat people that I want to see their pets get hit by cars, etc etc.
      Beautiful makeup collection. If I had the skin for it I’d love to have it.

• 1/24/13 9:34 the Muse:

aw trust KB is a nice girl I’m sure she didn’t mean anything at all by the comment :) It’s fab you have rescue snakes! I’m ok with snakes but prob feel the same way about spiders that KB does about snakes ;-D we all have some phobia :)

• 1/18/13 11:33 Icequeen81:

Ummmm MAC has more collection that we have season in one year. It is difficult to keep track on them

• 1/18/13 13:12 Debster:

Ugh no kidding. I like the idea of having unique collections, but come on. It’s over kill.

• 1/18/13 18:16 Icequeen81:

I agree about the unique collections but common that archie one has barely been released now more and more and more and more ?

• 1/18/13 11:42 Celine:

I hate snakes too, but I can’t wait to see the swatches because the colours look awesome!

• 1/18/13 12:03 kimkats:

Don’t mind snakes at all – in fact I kinda like them, as long as they’re not the bit-yer-azz-and-die sort. :) I haven’t been excited about anything mac in a long time – dunno why, either… Just can’t get whooped up about this..

*hands muse a snickers peanut butter square* that should tide you over for a bit! :)

• 1/18/13 12:06 the Muse:

oh thanks I love peanut butter…they have snickers peanut bars? *noms hard* ;-D

• 1/18/13 12:04 elle:

wow, the snake design is beautiful! I’m tempted with the looks, I don’t know if I should pass or not….

• 1/18/13 12:29 Peachy:

Legitimately excited since I’m a Snake and this is like, all of my favorite colours. The lipsticks and powder are gorgeous! Seriously going to have to camp out to splurge on these.

• 1/18/13 13:42 Saira:

I NEED THOSE LiPSTICKS!,!,!,

• 1/18/13 13:55 Winni:

Love the design on the lippies!!!

• 1/18/13 14:12 Amy:

ohhh I’m the year of the snake so this collection is calling to me. I think I just might pick up all the lipsticks – 1 for me and 1 each for 2 of my best friends (we’re all born in the year of the snake). I love the snake patterns for this collection! good job mac. it’s been awhile since I’ve really been lusting for something in their collections.

• 1/18/13 14:12 breyerchic04:

I need a new Plumful, so if I can grab this I will. If I can’t, I’ll live with a plain one.

• 1/18/13 14:13 yelena:

omg these are gorge!

• 1/18/13 14:41 Alex:

I’m disappointed most of this is a re-promote or permanent. I love snakes personally so I might pick up one of the lipsticks and the purple pigment because I most own all the purple but… meh? I think it’s cool they’re doing something for the Snake’s zodiac but somehow these aren’t the colours I’d have pictured? Not the shadows at least.

Maybe like a punchy red, black makes sense, but then also like emerald tones of green, a pastel yellow-y colour… And if they were playing more into the Chinese zodiacs then the pink and purple pigments are spot on. More red though as it is a lucky colour, I’m shocked they didn’t promote something like Rubywoo again.

• 1/21/13 8:45 MeggieBeth:

Although some of these do look pretty, MAC seems to have totally dropped the ball on the majority of “snake-like” colors they could have used. All pink/purple/coppery, really? No greens or yellows?

Alex, I totally agree with you. It’s all re-promotes and permanent collection pieces. Sometimes I feel like MAC isn’t really trying, just finding new patterns to press into the makeup itself and then naming it later to sell the same things. Sad face. I hate being so negative because I know people wait FOREVER sometimes to pick up that one product they fell in love with and couldn’t get again because it was limited, but if everything comes around again and there’s nothing innovative in the collection, how am I supposed to fall in love with something new? I wish MAC would just limit themselves to a few collections each season (like just two or three) and put more effort into making those select products unforgettable.

That being said, has anyone been blown out of the water by a MAC product lately? I have a gift card to use and am wondering what I should get (plus it’s always better to end on a positive note)!

• 1/18/13 15:10 GK:

I have all of these in the original form, adding a design doesn’t make me want to buy it again. It’s a shame that Mac isn’t more creative. It’s boring tgat they keep repromoting old colors. They just want to cater to newbies. Those of us that have been using makeup for more than a day are left out. ;)

• 1/18/13 15:29 Katie:

As someone born in the year of the snake, I consider it my duty to indulge a little in this collection, though I’ll probably just stick to the beauty powder and a lippie. So sad that there’s no pretty packaging though. =(

• 1/18/13 18:58 LINDARRAGNAR:

oh man Muse! I hate being hungry, I get so grumpy, and mean, and than I get a headache!!!

lol today I want to Chicago and had delicious chicken shawarma, chedder fries, and than later on had frozen yogurt from menchies!
    at mecnhies frozen yogurt, you self serve and they have 15 flavors and tons of toppings…. ;-) I had 6 different flavors and 3 toppings!! I get so happy from eating! Hope you had a good lunch/eats today!!

p.s you should really eat breakfast, and lunch!! atleast try twice a week to eat breakfast!!

• 1/25/13 15:38 the Muse:

LOL awww my sis is like that. damn girl! that sounds delish! ;-D I haven’t had either yet! I need me some dinner soon! hungrewwwwww!

• 1/18/13 19:47 Tavia:

Hi Muse! I’ve wrote about this collection since last year and posted close-up photos a while ago as it launches in some European countries on 26 January 2013 while in other European countries the launch dates are set for February 2013. I can’t even remember the last time when MAC launched a collection first in Europe then in US, usually is the other way around. I like the lipstick design but I have my eyes on that bright pink pigment. :)

• 1/18/13 22:23 ZG:

I am kinda digging the purple pigment but I would need to see a swatch of them before shelling out cold hard cash.. On a side note, I cannot keep up with all of the launches that MAC is having lately. I am getting whip lash lol..

• 1/18/13 22:51 Nat:

Yay, I’m a snake (fire year)! Maybe I will get one or two things from this collection :3

• 1/18/13 23:05 Ru:

I wish they do one for every year! Next year is horse!I’m def getting this, make-up collection usually does Japanese inspired,rarely a Chinese inspired collection. Thanks MAC!

• 1/19/13 0:52 Jaime R.:

I like the whole snake theme, and the little imprint on the product is awesome… but everything’s a repromote or a permanent item. The stuff I’m actually interested in is stuff I already have :(

• 1/19/13 6:31 Michou:

::hands you a cookie::

It’s been a long time since MAC was able to tempt me like this. I’m definitely going to have to check these out!

• 1/21/13 9:44 the Muse:

*NOM!*

• 1/19/13 7:06 Theresa:

Cool collection, but bummed it’s all repromotes and permanent shades. Give me something newwwwwwwwww!

• 1/19/13 14:12 Catherine:

I work with them and have not heard anything about this collection, I wonder like the others girls said if is going to be launch in the USA… I’m going to ask at the store today and see what they say..
    And if it does come out, I’m totally getting that beauty Powder too :-)

• 1/19/13 16:23 Michelle Teixeira:

Wow! I love that launch advert! I have dupes for all the colors,so I won’t be shopping any of this collection. But, talk about inspiring. I love the mix of orange and purple and I can’t get enough of the textures.

• 1/19/13 23:23 Libby:

Aw, I would’ve loved to pick up the lipsticks as I am a total lip-holic but I’m allergic to lanolin which is unfortunately present in a lot of MAC’s lip products but especially their lustre formulations :(

That beauty powder looks lovely though :O

• 1/20/13 9:15 Majick:

I am going to HAVE to get somehthing from this collection. I will probably go with the red lippie.

• 1/20/13 12:26 Danii:

I do like Altered State, Once Upon A Time…, Push the Edge, the beauty powder looks okay and I do like the look of Plumful. I don’t buy MAC stuff often, since things don’t appeal to me often and the store near me is usually PACKED 24-flippin-7! They’re also kind of expensive when some products don’t work out that great. If anything, I might grab Once Upon A Time… after I see swatches.

• 1/20/13 22:35 Kat:

I just want 2 of the Eyeshadows

• 1/21/13 1:52 Rola:

I am not a snake person, but I love the embossing and the colors of this collection.

• 1/21/13 2:17 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

Year of the snack… ha ha ha :)

I think the imprints on the lipstick are really awesome, and the imprint on the powder products as well. I agree with Katie though–I wish there were some pretty packaging too, instead of the usual. The only product I’m thinking of buying is the beauty powder.

• 1/21/13 9:33 the Muse:

lol see where my mind is?! ;D

• 1/21/13 4:29 SJ:

This is actually the most beautiful and unique campaign image I’ve seen from MAC to date I suspect. Amazing. Still not buying it though…

• 1/21/13 5:41 Nikki:

I think the better question is, WHY ARE ALL THE LIPSTICKS lustres?! I HATE LUSTRES.
    Unless they’re a lustre that doesn’t take so much effort to go on and doesn’t wear off in two seconds… I don’t own freckletone and love this lipstick design… but lustre. yuck

• 1/22/13 22:39 Melissa:

Just popping by to say hi as I’ve been lurking a bit. I LOVE this collection. I love that I have some of the colors too! Sometimes repromotes aren’t so bad, I can just fill in with what I don’t have and I like snakes so there ya go. :)

• 2/2/13 9:30 Mahsa:

I love the lipstIck design!