Milani Naturally Chic Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencil Swatches

Milani Naturally Chic Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencil

Milani Naturally Chic Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencils is a new six shade limited edition launch for Summer 2013 that should be popping up now at your local Walgreens, HEB, and Fred Meyer stores and the collection as well as online at www.milanicosmetics.com shortly.

Being a FOND fan of nudes and naturals lately I needed to get my hands on these as soon as possible and after trying them out (review upcoming shortly) I feel safe saying you NEED these.

These are stunning! So creamy (more so than the original range dare I say), so easy to apply, so easy to blend! And all in gorgeous shades for Summer eye looks from soft smoky browns to golden shades of bronze and a fantastic creamy beige that warrants major back up haulage!

Milani Naturally Chic Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow Pencil Swatches

Black Ink, Espresso Line, Cafe Au Lait, Almond Cream, Sand Dunes, Golden Bronze

On the downside, I can’t believe these are only available for a limited time! Oh noes! I’ll need back ups!

Follow up with a review shortly stay tuned.

For now any colors you like the looks of?

Anyone find them at their local drugstore?

Do share!

Disclosure:

This review contains a sample
product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 4/30/13 10:22 Steelnpurple:

I have to order Milani online unfortunately, but if I find them I’ll get Almond Cream FOR SURE!! And possibly Sand Dunes also!

• 4/30/13 10:23 the Muse:

almond cream=AMAZING total must have in my opinion ;-D good to see you again Steel!

• 4/30/13 10:28 Agata:

I love those metallic ones.

• 4/30/13 10:31 nelson:

are they twist up and retractable?

• 4/30/13 10:37 the Muse:

sharpen :)

• 4/30/13 11:12 Christina:

WANT ALL OF THEM — NOW! I have been stalking the stores for these for weeks, and checking the Milani website religiously. WANT. NOW.

• 4/30/13 11:17 the Muse:

lol ;D they are GORGEOUS! back up needed of Almond Cream!

• 4/30/13 11:13 LINDARRAGNAR:

muse BEAUTY EMERGENCEY!!!

I cleaned that sponge you recommended the perfecter, I washed it and now it feels like a normal sponge! ;'( It feels floppy and not dense like it was before! What did I do wrong? How do you wash that thing? I know you said you use the beauty blender soap…. I am so sad right now!!!

• 4/30/13 11:16 the Muse:

oh no! :( that’s terrible! Sorry linda! I’ve been using the beauty blender soap only so far…what did you use to wash it? After applying the soap I rinses with water, squeezed out, and air dried, seemed to be a-ok…and I’ve washed it A LOT since getting it.

• 4/30/13 20:33 LINDARRAGNAR:

I used al’occitane soap… I tried squeezing out all of the water (musta not gotten it all)
        oye vey, I let mine air dry, but its just not the same. :'(
        I will try and return it and then make my twin squeeze out that water next time!!
        thanks for the help!!

• 5/1/13 16:25 the Muse:

mmmm that could be why Linda, perhaps the fragrance/other ingreds caused the prob. use something more gentle like baby shampoo or some sort of brush cleaner. hope this helps! good luck!

• 4/30/13 11:22 Jenn:

Oh gosh the first four are gorgeous!! I love them all really, especially almond cream and cafe au lait. Hopefully they’ll be at a store around me, if not I’ll have to order online. The only thing I dislike about these(and most shadow pencils) is sharpening them. ;-/

• 4/30/13 11:50 Shelby:

omggg almond cream! I find it kind of difficult to find cream shadow without shimmer.

• 4/30/13 12:07 Cindy Ramirez:

I have Champagne Toast, and its a lovely color on its own, but I’ve tried using it as a base and it just doesn’t work for me. These however, look so creamy and dreamy. They make me want to cheat hardcore ;]

• 4/30/13 12:11 Paloma:

first thing that popped in my head : so creamy.

I wonder if it’s a hassle to sharpen because of the creaminess……I’m not a big fan of the lip/eye products that require sharpening, but are creamy…..

I’d love to try, tho!

• 4/30/13 16:01 blueraccoon:

if you put the pencils in the freezer for a bit before sharpening them, you get a lot less waste. Twenty minutes is usually enough, although I tend to put mine in the freezer and forget about them for a bit, but it’s never damaged anything. HTH!

• 4/30/13 12:12 Anat:

Di you have the on-line lounch date? I looked for them in so many walgreens like never before…(:

• 4/30/13 12:13 the Muse:

I don’t, I believe sometime this week! I’ll try to get more info :)

• 4/30/13 12:24 Anat:

Thank you!! I LOVE your blog!!! You should try some products from Israel (the dead sea) they r amazing!! Its called minus 471 (thats the “hight” of the dead sea- its the lowest place in the world :)

• 4/30/13 14:05 the Muse:

hi anat thanks so much! they might be difficult to locate in the US :( but thanks for the rec!

• 4/30/13 12:30 Vi:

I want Sand Dunes for sure, I’m a sucker for sheer washes of shimmer! I also love Golden Bronze, but I’m not sure if I’d want to wear it: it’s more pigmented, so creasing would be more obvious…and since these are so creamy, there’s no way they won’t crease on my hooded oily lids. Le sigh. :/

• 4/30/13 12:46 Rebecca:

Cafe Au Lait is gorgeous! Tempted to get it just for the name :P
    But it seems like a similar base to Urban Decay’s Rehab and could easily be a dupe with a shimmery shadow over Rehab. ): So I guess I don’t particularly need it. Haha

• 4/30/13 13:21 LU:

Muse, how would you compare the color Sand Dunes to Urban Decay Sin Shadow Pencil? I really like using Sin as a base, so if this is close enough I wouldn’t mind a cheaper alternative. How much are these in stores, btw?

• 4/30/13 13:36 the Muse:

hi lu I don’t have sin so I’m not really sure how they compare. they carry from store to store..depends where you buy, I imagine at walgreens price will be around $7.49-$8.99….depends on your location and such :)

• 4/30/13 14:00 charlotte:

The permanent shade Champagne Toast is pretty much an exact dupe for Sin.

• 4/30/13 14:03 the Muse:

thanks for replying charlotte def suck for comparing dupes and such ;D

• 5/1/13 18:06 LU:

Thank you Muse and Charlotte!! I’m going to keep an eye out for Champagne Toast and some other colors at my local Walgreens.

• 5/2/13 11:44 the Muse:

my pleasure lu good luck!

• 4/30/13 13:35 Jen_m_sunshine:

I have been stalking walgreens for almond cream!!! This is the perfect shade imho and have been looking for something like it for years! I use the Bobbi Brown shore quite a bit but it’s a tad too dark so this seems like it will be PERFECTION!! I am glad I waited on the Bobbi Vanilla cream shadow pencil as at $28 yikes!!

• 4/30/13 13:36 the Muse:

def def def a great replacement for vanilla jen :D

• 4/30/13 13:37 Jen_m_sunshine:

Oh, and BTW Muse – THANK YOU for your amazing blog and the time you put into your reviews, swatches, sneak peaks and information! It is just the best and sincerely appreciate what you do for all us beauty addicts!! I although – I must say that my credits cards are not a fan of yours and you already know how hubby feels. He is going to be threatening to intervene on our relationship again after all my recent purchases :-)

• 4/30/13 14:01 the Muse:

aw jen don’t make me cry *hugs you tight* thank YOU! thank you so very much and please tell your hubby don’t take you away, not sure what I would do without your helpful comments :D

• 4/30/13 14:54 Lindsay:

They all look amazing, but I need Sand Dunes… RIGHT NOW. It looks absolutely epic.

• 4/30/13 15:01 Blee:

OMG! I headed to CVS later and will be headed right for the Milani! Those first 4 I need. LOL :D Thanks so much Miss Wonderful Muse for the update and swatches. * blows you a kiss* ;D

• 4/30/13 15:11 the Muse:

right back atcha blee! :) <3!

• 4/30/13 15:35 Marcela:

Love them ALL except for Cafe au Lait and Golden Bronze! Great swatches!

• 4/30/13 15:44 the Muse:

thanks marcela ;D!

• 4/30/13 15:40 blueraccoon:

I grabbed all six of these when I was in Walgreens :) I love neutrals and I love these pencils and yeah. I’m considering back ups, or would that be *too* crazy?

• 4/30/13 15:43 the Muse:

nope I think I need at least two more almond cream! can’t be without this shade!

• 4/30/13 18:38 Sarah:

Do these crease on you?

• 4/30/13 18:45 the Muse:

i haven’t tried them yet.

• 4/30/13 20:58 Miss_Silk:

RAWR!!! I need Almond Cream~!!!!

• 4/30/13 21:09 Christine:

I picked up Cafe Au Lait, Almond Cream, and Sand Dunes today! I found them at Walgreens for $5.99 each. They look amazing when swatched, so I am excited to try them out very soon!

• 4/30/13 22:12 Babs:

I need that Almond Cream stat! I am usually always do a neutral eye. I’m a sucker for gold shades as well, so at the price, I may need to get the Golden Bronze, too. I have never used any of the Milani eye pencils, though the Milani liquid liner is a favorite bargain product.

• 5/1/13 1:11 Veronica:

Almond Cream and Sand Dunes. Come to me, my beauties.

• 5/1/13 7:54 Judy:

They look PROMISING!!!!
    I went on a haul for NYX jumbo eye pencils and then found extreme difficulty for them to stay on my lids!!!! I swear they crease just 30 mins after application!!
    I am hoping Milani has better formula and WILL stay on my lids. Too good to miss their products, I say.
    Will wait patiently for your beautiful review (heart)
    TIA Muse ~

PS Almond cream looks like a good base colour :)

• 5/1/13 16:22 the Muse:

upcoming shortly Judy :) Hopefully they are extra long wearing, testing right now ;-D almond cream=AMAZINGS!

• 5/2/13 3:14 Jû rock-or-not:

The colors are beautiful!!

• 6/28/13 14:29 Paige:

I just got Black Ink at Walgreen’s the other day, but I had no idea that these were limited edition! I passed on getting Almond Cream because I didn’t know how much I would like it, but omg, now that I know they’re limited edition, I’ve got to go back and get them, because right now they’re in clearance and they’re only $2.50!

• 6/28/13 14:42 the Muse:

$2.50!? GO GO get more ;-D lol!