Contouring Made Easy with New NARS Contour Blush

NARS Contour Blush Collection

Contouring made easy with the new NARS Contour Blush ($42) but I admit the fine art of contouring my face has never been something I’ve mastered.

But if you’re all about contouring you’ll be delighted to know about the new NARS Contour Blush.

NARS Contour Blush

NARS Cosmetics is set to introduce Contour Blush on March 14th. Apparently the secret to natural looking definition is all in this luminous finish duo of powders. Featuring a lighter shade to illuminating the high points of your face and a deeper one to enhance definition the ultra smooth and lightweight texture of NARS Contour Blush perfect defines your face.

Shades:

• Olympia (Ivory/Rose)
  • Paloma (Pink beige/Deep Rose)
  • Gienha (Honey/Amber)

NARS Gienah Contour Blush

NARS Gienah Contour Blush

NARS Olympia Contour Blush

NARS Olympia Contour Blush

NARS Paloma Contour Blush

NARS Paloma Contour Blush

These are $42 each and will be available March 15th at NARS Boutiques and at narscosmetics.com.

• 3/13/14 11:24 amy:

I’m all about contouring, and I love NARS, so I think it’s a safe bet I will be picking one up! I’m definitely planning to pick up Olympia, but I may also grab Paloma at some point.

• 3/13/14 11:48 christina:

Oh, that looks nice! I have been eyeing the Anastasia contour kit, but no one has it…not even the Anastasia website! I LOVE contour kits – Smashbox had one out (now discontinued), which I loved.

• 3/13/14 12:32 amy:

Have you looked at the MUFE contour kits? I had one years ago, and loved it! They are a bit pricey, but will last forever (mine broke, but I had it for several years, and used it often). There are 4 duos, and cover a good range. On the budget side, NYX has an awesome one, especially for lighter skintones. You don’t get a ton of product, but the compact is nice, and it’s less than $10 USD.

In case it wasn’t obvious, I really love contouring, LOL!

• 3/14/14 9:50 Margaret Antill:

Do you think the NYX one would have one to match asian tones?

• 3/13/14 12:30 Veronica:

Olympia may be worth a look, as it doesn’t look as overwhelmingly warm, but it still may be too dark over all. Even after years of searching, I’ve yet to find an HG contouring shade for my NW10/15 skin. MAC Quarry eyeshadow is my current go-to!

• 3/13/14 12:36 amy:

Have you tried NYX Taupe? Also, NYX has a great contour/highlight compact. It’s a split-pan with a brown & white, which I sort of swirl together to get it light enough.

• 3/14/14 17:45 Veronica:

I’ve had NYX Taupe recommended to me before, but it’s a matter of finding it instore around here. I may just have to suck it up and buy it online, but thank you for the recommendation. (I’m most bummed about missing out on Chanel Notorious! That would have been the perfect shade for me. ;-;)

• 3/13/14 19:32 Sarah:

Have you tried Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder? It looks dark in the pan but blends put amazing for pale skin. Also Naked2 from the Naked Basics palette is great. I just wish they made it in a single.

• 3/13/14 21:16 amy:

The KA is actually a bit too brown, and can pull a bit warm, at least on me… I don’t hate it, and it’s a great product overall, but I’m holding out for something better toncome along… My KA powder is literally just sitting on the bottommof my contour bin.

• 3/14/14 17:44 Veronica:

I’ve wanted to try KA’s contour powder, but given the pricetag, I hesitate to get it without swatching first. I’m very, very cool-toned in the winter, and I’ve had women in the NW10 range tell me they had it pull a tad warm. If I’m ever in a store that carries the brand, I’ll give it a look, but as our Nordstrom’s lacks an in-store selection for Aucoin, I’d rather not buy it sight unseen. :(

• 3/13/14 13:48 Jess:

i really love the look of contouring, but because i am super pale and have a round face, it’s hard to both find a contour color that works, and to make it look natural. The olympia shade looks like it might actually be perfect for me… I’m tempted to try it. My favorite type of fashion/makeup (for me) is stuff that mixes femme with really hard/tough looks, so contouring goes perfect with that. I’m kinda excited!