Maybelline Introduces Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundations

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation gets an early introduction at drugstores for Fall 2014 in 12 shades. Early last week I came across a display at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for the new Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation and was both surprised and wary. I admit I was a little wary because I dislike L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder so much!

I will say that Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation sounds considerably more promising and feels a lot more like Armani Maestro Foundation!

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation display

I guess we’ll see a another wave of second skin-like foundations for Fall 2014. If this is the trend for Fall please let it never stop because I really love a good liquid foundation that’s lightweight and undetectable.

That’s exactly what Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation is! This is a water based liquid foundation with an innovative dropper for application (it allows you to drop a small amount on your fingertip and you can smooth on your face from there). From what I’ve tested so far this has fairly beautiful coverage with a seamless finish. I really didn’t like how sheer Magic Nude Liquid Powder was but this seems to have considerably more pigment and has a very nice brightening effect on my lackluster skin.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation

Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation Maybelline

I’m looking forward to testing further and reviewing for you shortly.

This was $5.89 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond but I suspect once it hits Walgreens, CVS, etc…it’ll be considerably more expensive. You can check out Christmas Tree Stores as well as Harmons to see if they have launched displays already. They seem to get things far quicker at these locations than your typical drugstore!

Anyone try the new Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation as of yet?

Do share!

• 6/9/14 13:11 Tammie:

I’m actually really looking forward to this, although I have recently fallen back in love with my Holika Holika Petit BB Creme (Clearing) I am really interested in these “second skin” foundations~!

• 6/10/14 3:50 Lindsay:

oh man I just hope their lightest shade wasn’t as orange as the Magic Nude stuff was. I wanted to love it so bad but I’m very pale and I looked like an Oompa Loompa. no bueno :(

• 6/10/14 13:42 Tammie:

Uh oh I hope it’s not orange too (and light enough) x_x I am the palest pale that ever paled!

• 6/10/14 14:08 Adrienne:

I just picked mine up during my lunch hour but oddly it was $7.99 instead of $5.89 at my Bed, Bath & Beyond. The display may have been incomplete or sold out? There were no eyeshadows single or otherwise but there was a Kohl eyeliner on the display. I have not tried my foundation yet but I did notice it had a strong smell to it when I opened it in the car. I will post as soon as I try it out in non humid weather.

• 6/10/14 14:22 Isabella Muse:

where do you live adrienne? Curious minds at the price jump! I got the kohl liners too hopefully they are good :-D Looking forward to your thoughts!

• 6/10/14 14:35 Adrienne:

I’m in Northeast Ohio (right outside of Cleveland). So if its $7.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond I can image that CVS will be $8.99 and Walgreens $9.99 and Rite-Aid $10.99 but they will be the first to do a BOGO. I meant to say Kajal liners-they remind me of the smaller Physicians Formula ones.I do not know what the difference is between “kohl” and “kajal”, so I will wait for your review on those as well. Its 75 degrees here today and very humid so it wouldn’t be fair to try the foundation today with or without primer.

• 6/10/14 15:20 Isabella Muse:

it kinda evens out to the same cost sometimes with the bogo! :-D kajal/kohl=same :-D just different way of saying it (kohl being the English word). Def true! I’ve been testing it in the heat and also in cooler environment so we shall see :D

• 6/10/14 20:34 Lacy:

Looking forward to your review and everyone else’s thoughts and opinions! I definitely want to try this out. I went to my local Christmas Tree Shoppes that has the Harmon’s beauty center in it and they didn’t have these displays yet… sigh.

• 6/11/14 9:16 Isabella Muse:

aw man keep checking lacy I know they’ll pop up sooner or later :)

• 6/13/14 20:29 Aissa:

I saw this when I was setting up the display at work. I was curious about it and saw a review and demo on YouTube. I think I will have to purchase this tomorrow and give it a try!

• 6/16/14 13:41 kellly:

I saw this display at Target yesterday, tried a drop on my hand and would have bought it on the spot only I wanted to check what color Maybelline I’ve gotten in the past. It’s thicker consistency than Armani Maestro, fuller coverage, blends into my skin and can’t be easily wiped off. I was pretty impressed — planning a trip back to Target tonight to pick one up. I’m hoping they have the new color tattoos, too. I need at least a couple of those!! Don’t think I can get the foundation for as good a price as you saw, tho!

• 6/22/14 21:22 Sandra:

I just got it yesterday and it’s the best I’ve ever tried. It’s better than Loreal True Match. I’m going back to get as many as I can in my color.

• 6/26/14 0:06 Karina:

Where do you live that you got it for $5.89?! I hope it’s that cheap in California:)

• 6/26/14 8:25 Isabella Muse: