The look of love, it’s tonight, it’s tonight!
Even though I’m not technically a child of the 80’s as I had my tween and teen years in the early 90’s I still appreciate everything having doing with the era particularly the music thanks to my older sister over exposing it to me as a child. w00t! It was the second British Invasion and such an amazing era of great music.
Sorry I got off topic there but the new Too Faced Look of Love Set got me humming that little ditty this morning plus it’s Valentine’s Day so I was hoping to wear that romantic Look of Love out today!
A set of fresh and fabulous Too Faced products in mini and full sizes houses in a sweet pink makeup bag with a great little price tag!
The set is $45 and features both full and mini sizes products, I felt at this price it was quite a nice little deal overall.
- Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara (Full Size) (Review)
- Too Faced Look of Love Trio (Full Size Palette)
- Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal (Full Size)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (Full Size)
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless (Mini) (Review)
- Too Faced Mini Kabuki Brush (Review)
- Too Faced Makeup Bag
I think part of the main appeal here for me was the Look of Love Trio and even though I own the blush included already I just generally loved the idea of having it in a palette with two shades for use. The trio includes my favorite blush shade from Too Faced, La Vie En Rose. This is a bright shade of true pink with a golden glimmer that gives my cheeks a cool flush of delicious pink.
You’ll also get two contrasting shades of eyeshadow in Totally Toasted (shimmering brown) and Teddy Bear (creamy, frosty beige). This is one of the easiest looks you’ll ever create as it merely consists of using Teddy Bear all over your lid and crease and a bit of Totally Toasted on your outer v, swept up into your crease to contrast. The shades of course can be paired up anyway you want or indivdually. If you favor more nude and neutral shades you’ll love this.
I won’t go into great reviews here about the mascara, primer, or face brush as I’ve reviewed these all before. The list above includes links to each of these items if you’d like to read the review and below I’ve included before and after photos using the mascara.
I never had a chance to review Too Faced Glamour Gloss and that’s a shame as it’s a fav of mine. For some reason they included a sponge applicator with this version as where you purchase them individually they have a lip brush, I thought this was worth a mention. This gloss has a yummy cake batter flavor and applies wonderfully well although the shade in Barely Legal isn’t quite for me as it’s a milky shade of opaque marshmallow pink.
I’m not sure I’d call the look created one of love or romance in all honesty but it does create a soft focused, work friendly creation that flatters my brown eyes beautifully well.
If you’re a Too Faced fan you may already own many of these products including the blush and shadows plus mascara and primers.
I dislike Too Faced Shadow Insurance with a passion so it was kinda a bust for me in this set although I will say it was a generous full size. I simply passed it on to my friend Jamie.
The shadows apply a bit frosty which isn’t one of my favorite finishes so be aware to blend properly to avoid too much going on around your eyes particularly if they are aging.
- Anyone looking to refill their Shadow Insurance or Lash Injection (this is a great way to get a ton of products if you need to grab yourself a refill on your favs).
- Anyone wanting a simple, easy to use makeup set (this is a great way to create a super easy yet flattering makeup look).
- Anyone who hasn’t tried Too Faced products before (this is a GREAT introduction to the brand).
- Not such a fab pick if you own many of these products or shades already (I can’t think of a single fan of the brand who doesn’t already own the blush and shadow shades).
- Those who aren’t keen on Eye Insurance (be prepared for a full sized helping of it here! You can always swap or gift it).
I liked this set alot although it does have its up and downs. I think the set is overall a fabulous deal and makes an excellent pick and introduction to the brand if you haven’t yet indulged however for fans it’s probably a bit of a bust since many of us will already own many of the items and shades included. I do think it would be a rather nice indulgence if you’re heading in for a repurchase of eye primer or mascara anyway.
Anyone own it?
Plotting an order?