Didja know that Forever 21 has its own house brand of cosmetics called Love & Beauty? I haven’t been paying proper attention, blinded by all the damn accessories whenever I go into their stores, because I seriously never pursued their beauty offerings.
I’m going to explore them and tell you what I think starting with Love & Beauty Blush!
A pot of powder blush at a budget price!
Oh my gosh this is so damn cute! Kinda reminds me of vintage makeup from the 70’s or something..!
The packaging is a tiny pink compact that has a screw top. The packaging completely slays me as I’m all about sweet, girlish packaging…this could prove a little immature for some but as a fan of Asian brands I’m all about it. Japanese and Korean brands embrace the same kawaii, princess-y style packaging as you know from my reviews of such brands…this is cute, pretty, yet practical.
The blush inside is a bright shade of apricot with a nice color pay off and a silky formula. The blush feels a little heavier and not as lightweight as some higher end blushes, not sure if that makes sense but when you wear it you’ll understand exactly what I mean. It’s not uncomfortable in the least but it deserved mentioning. At under $3 ($2.80 to be exact) this is a fairly decent formula that’s on par with drugstore blushes or even better thanks to the nicer packaging.
If you’re a bit more selective about your blush formula and what’s in it and where it’s made you probably want to take note….
This was made in China and does contain mineral oil as well as parabens.
The blush does fade within a four to five hour time frame sometimes even faster if you’re out in the heat.
- Anyone looking for a budget blush that isn’t particularly selective about ingredients.
- Anyone who loves pretty packaging that hides a completely functional makeup product.
- Those seeking a nice shade of apricot blush!
- Those on a beauty budget.
- Those who aren’t keen on mineral oil and parabens in their blush formula (keep in mind MAC blushes also have mineral oil).
- Those who aren’t keen on makeup made in China.
- Those wanting a long wearing, all day strong blush!
- Sensitive skin types (this has a bit of a fragrance to it so it might prove irritating for those with sensitive skin).
What can I say? I liked it but I’m not super sensitive about products made in China nor am I bothered by parabens or mineral oil although I do try to avoid parabens, let’s face it, they do make a guest starring appearance in many popular products including my beloved Lush.
If you’re on a budget and seeking a decent wearing blush, check this out, price can’t be beat at under $3 bucks and it proves better than some blushes I’ve purchased at the drugstore for triple that amount!
Anyone try Love & Beauty Cosmetics?
Anything that sticks out as brilliant?
Tried the blush?