Mark will be debuting a new finish to its i-Mark Shadow range with the introduction of i-Mark Metallics. i-Mark Metallics will release in September in six shades that provide full color pay off and a customizable way to store the shadows in the Mark Snap To It Palettes.
Jump ahead for a few swatches of the new Metallics Collection.
A range of highly pigmented shades with a metallic sheen.
i-Mark Metallics are purchased as single pans for $5 and do not come with a case which allows you the option to purchase an Mark Snap To It Palette to store the shades as a duo, a quad, or along with blushes. There are several palette designs available for purchase to allow you to customize your palette to your needs.
Shadow size is a very generous 0.08 versus say a MAC Eyeshadow which is 0.05 and three times the price, so these definitely have budget friendly on their side.
I was very pleased with all three shades I tried out. The shadows yield a soft, creamy-like formula with excellent pigmentation. I find the colors blend easily, have a great color pay off, and work well together. In some aspects I thought the shadow quite reminded me of Stila’s Eyeshadow range on some levels but a bit more dense.
The shades I tried were:
- Sugar Sugar: A pale frosty peach beige. This shade has a frosty, shimmery finish but still manages to have a high metallic sheen.
- Truffle: This is a favorite of mine as it compliments my brown eyes beautifully. The color is a rich, chocolate brown. I also felt like the formula was the best of the three with this shade as it has a creamy, smooth powder-y finish that blends like butter.
- Jazzy: Jazzy was probably my least favorite of the three as the powder seemed to prove difficult to pick up unless you use a sponge tip applicator. The softer shade of purple proves easy to wear without making eyes look tired or bruised.
I love the larger size and budget price tag however I don’t love that they don’t come with a palette which means I do have to dish out an extra $4-$5 for the case. However, on the up side this allows me to customize my shade selections and not have to depend on the brand to do it for me.
- Anyone wanting more for less (the generous size and the $5 price tag make these a very solid shadow purchase).
- Anyone who likes smooth, buttery metallics that blend easily and have great color pay off.
- Those searching for new Fall eyeshadows but don’t have a ton of money to spend on them!
- Shades come without packaging and duo palettes or quad compacts are sold separately for $4-$5 and up.
Overall, i-Mark Metallics were a pleasant surprise. The Mark shadow range does look a tad chalky and uneventful in promo images I’ve viewed in the past but these Metallics do not fail to disappoint. The color selection is not only beautiful for Fall but the formula proves easy to work with and the generous size of each shade allows you to pick up several without breaking the bank. I wasn’t keen on the fact that they don’t come with their own compacts but it is novel to be able to pick and choose the shades you want to include in a duo or quad.
Likes ’em alot!
These will be available from Mark in September both online and from representatives.
Will you haul them?