What this? MAC Prissy Princess, MAC Girls Mischief Mink, Power Hungry, and Girls Basic B Face and Eyeshadow Palettes arriving at Ulta on August 3rd. These are a surprise….! It doesn’t mention them being an Ulta Exclusive but I’m guessing they are as this is the first time I’m hearing about them.
I dunno how I feel about these.
I’m looking at them and thinking that some of the shade pairings are very nice. But something in the back of mind is saying, “Gosh, these look childish for MAC!” They feel very much like Insta-Makeup to me. Something that they launched to appeal to the Instagram generation of younger girls. They are truly nothing like I’ve seen MAC release with their cutesy packaging. And dare I say are they made from cardboard!??!?
Really, these are SO not like MAC at all.
Here’s a look!
MAC Girls Mischief Mink $39.50
A selection of bronze tones shades for eyes and face in matte, satin, and pearl finishes.
- V Frisky (muted gold)
- Natural Tease (bright yellow gold frost)
- She-Nanigans (reddish copper frost)
- Flaming Femme (darkened clay red)
- Schemer (dark brown)
- Mischief Minx (bright orange frost)
- Totally Trouble (blackened purple)
- Been There, Done That (darkened brown with gold pearl)
- Stride Of Pride (golden rose highlighter)
MAC Girls Prissy Princess $39.50
A selection of cool-toned neutrals and pinks.
- Prissy Princess (shell grey)
- Sweet Tart (shimmery pale pink)
- Eternal Optimist (shimmery cool brown)
- Good Girl & U Know It (greyed neutral brown)
- Tood Good To Be True (cool midtone brown with silver pearl)
- Fabness (taupe grey)
- Spoil Yourself (dark brown)
- Colour Me Spoiled (very light pink)
- She’s A Rainbow (rose pink with silver highlighter)
MAC Girls Power Hungry $39.50
A warm toned palette featuring highlighter and eyeshadows to create a gorgeous sultry look.
- Totally Obsessed (light neutral)
- Bling Mistress (mid tone neutral beige)
- Hot To Trot (greyed beige with silver pearl)
- Something’s Fishy (muted golden beige)
- Bossing It (warm bronze)
- Money Mad (peachy neutral beige)
- Winsome Lose Some (dark brown with silver pearl)
- Dangerously Elegant (darkened brown with green/gold pearl)
- Gimme That! (light yellow gold highlighter)
MAC Girls Basic B* $39.50
A smoky selection of greys to create a sultry look for Fall!
- Gameplayer (darkest black)
- Hell In Heels (purpled dark red)
- Big White Lie (blackened grey)
- Text Me Later (mid tone grey)
- Me Me Me (very light cool grey)
- Ms. Personality (grey with silver/green gold pearl)
- Tattle-Tale (cool grey with pink pearl)
- Sly Girl (grape purple with silver pearl)
- Love This B* (silver pink highlighter)
If the quality is there I could see myself purchasing one of these! Girls Mischief Mink is particularly calling my name.
What do you think?