The new Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette is winging its way to us late this Summer (July) and contains 21 shades. 21 shades? That isn’t a lot! Urban Decay has done eyeshadow palettes that size before like the Full Spectrum Palette so why does the Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette seem so damn massive!?
Maybe the rectangle palette design is what makes this seem like one of the brand’s biggest eyeshadow palettes to date but in reality its not that big at all. Or maybe I’m the weird one that thinks it’s huge.
Anyway, size aside, the second thing I noticed about this was the fact I was so not excited about it at all. Like, I didn’t even bat a lash when the buzz started and everyone was all, “OMG NEW URBAN DECAY PALETTE!” I literally feel bad and guilty that I couldn’t muster up some excitement for this and I hope that changes once I get my hands on the palette and try it out.
Right now, the firs thing that entered my head, that not a single person mentioned, was the fact that the colors seemed so mismatched (or I lack creativity). There are some really rich colors in this palette but it feels like I really have to think about what kind of eye look I’d create using them together!
- Breakaway (warm ivory shimmer)
- Stranded (pale rose gold with tonal micro-shimmer)
- Blaze (light metallic peach with pink shift)
- Weekender (light neutral beige matte)
- Still Shot (bright peach)
- Riff (brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle)
- Good as Gone (deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer)
- Hell Ride (deep fuchsia matte)
- Baja (burnt orange matte)
- Accelerate (reddish copper metallic)
- Guilt Trip (smoky purple shimmer)
- Ignite (rose gold metallic)
- Smog (deep coppery bronze shimmer)
- Wanderlust (forest green with gold micro-shimmer)
- Wildheart (bright fuchsia)
- Punk (red-brown matte)
- Double Life (metallic rust)
- Jet (black with deep shimmering purple shift)
- Drift (charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle)
- Radio (deep emerald satin)
- Big Sky (frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle)
Never in my life have I prayed so hard to be wrong but I’m really hoping I’m wrong about this palette! None the less, the good news is since it gets such a late Summer launch the shades will work well into Fall because they are quite warm, dark, and rich.
Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette will be available this July.
What are your feelings about it?