MAC Archie’s Girls Collection

MAC Archies Girls Collection

Are you a Betty or a Veronica? You’ll find out Spring 2013 when the MAC Archie’s Girl Collection launches!

MAC Cosmetics and Archie Comics are collaborating on a full color cosmetics collection celebrating the iconic looks of Betty and Veronica for Spring 2013.

MAC wants to know who you should win Archie’s heart. Tell them by texting “Betty” or “Veronica” to 898622 to support your favorite girl. Fans of the winner will be the first to hear when the collection is available online Spring 2013. Msg&Data rates may apply.

MAC Cosmetics kicks-off the start of San Diego Comic Con with a special event at our Gaslamp store with celebrated American comic book artist and illustrator, Dan Parent of the famed Archie Comics series, which introduced the world to beloved fictional teenagers Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica!

Dan will demonstrate illustrations and provide custom sketches for fans who drop into the M·A·C Cosmetics location just steps away from the San Diego Convention Center.

A street team of Archie’s will be walking around the streets of San Diego, encouraging fans to meet Dan at MAC Gaslamp. I’ll be at Comic Con this week so hopefully I catch a peek at what Dan will be doing!

Start tweeting @MACcosmetics with hashtag #MACArchiesGirls to join in the fun and excitement of this collection!

• 7/10/12 13:01 Tammie:

I hope they are planning on doing cute packaging for this collection considering how much hype they are trying to start for it months and months before it’s release…

• 7/10/12 13:04 the Muse:

agreed! LOL YEARS AND YEARS before it’s release feels like!

• 7/10/12 13:42 Tammie:

Yeah @_@ I can’t beleive we are already talking about Spring 2013 yipes.

• 7/10/12 13:43 the Muse:

overkill lol! or fall 2012 for that matter!

• 7/10/12 14:04 Tammie:

Seriously @_@

• 7/10/12 14:06 the Muse:

it gets earlier and earlier every single year!

• 7/10/12 13:03 Cindy:

Oh have fun at comic con! Hope to see lotsa pictures! <3

• 7/10/12 13:04 the Muse:

thanks cindy! I haven’t been to International in…mm at least two years now? So really excited to get back into it.

• 7/10/12 13:58 Adelle:

I’ll be there too ! Maybe we will bump into each other at the Convention.

• 7/10/12 14:03 the Muse:

OMG AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you going to preview night? which signings are you trying to get into? We are SO hyped about GRMM but fear we have to camp out to get in on the line drawing!

• 7/10/12 14:44 Adelle:

I’m not going to make it on preview night – I’ve been to Comic Con 4 times but have never been. Maybe I’m not geeky enough, but what is GRMM ?
            Anyhow on Thursday I’m going to run to the Peanuts booth and pick up the exclusive t-shirts before they are sold out. I have been collecting them 4 years straight. Then I’m probably going to head over to “The Guild” cast signing. I got tickets to WootStock so I’ll be heading out to Balboa Theater in the evening. On Friday I’ll probably be camped out in Ballroom 20 the whole day. I’m excited to attend The Legend of Korra and the Firefly 10-Year Anniversary Reunion.
            What about you ? Are you going to the Dr.Who panel on Sunday ?
            I still have to go through the entire Saturday and Sunday schedule before we leave but I did see that they will have a “Fabric Bending” competition on Sunday. I may head out there in my Korra costume.

• 7/10/12 15:21 the Muse:

I haven’t been to CC in two or three years now? so I’m trying to squeeze a ton in ;-D this will be my 5th time going.

whhhhyyyyyyyyy preview night is awesome ;-D they are previewing 666 Park Avenue! Grimm is a supernatural show ;-D second season starts in Fall. I’m going to try to snatch up exclusives as well on Thursday! I saw that they have a supernatural bag/tote they are gifting and I’m dumb enough to want lol! I hate Jar Jar so quite excited to grab up the Jar Jar in Carbonite figure lol! The Carbonite Chamber just looks wicked.

Zachary Levi’s Nerd HQ is on my list as well as firefly anniversary reunion panel (maybe we’ll see each other AHHHH how cool!) but GoT with GRMM is primary on my list so doubt I we can do both.

The j’s are hosting a SN panel for a tease of season eight on sunday.

I’ve actually done a spreadsheet of each event we want to get into but I’m still working out both Sat/Sunday as there a few things I want to move around. Def on the Guild as well.

Going be nuts! wear everything deodorant lol!

• 7/10/12 16:02 Adelle:

How on earth are you going to get from Firefly to GoT ? I thought you had to line up freaking all day for Hall H – lol. Speaking of GoT, I met GRRMartin last year. He’s adorable, looks like Santa. I’ve been re-reading and am on a Storm of Swords. I can’t believe the amount of details that I have forgotten.
            Oh, okay – I have watched a couple of episodes of Grimm but can’t remember what sidetracked me.

• 7/10/12 16:05 the Muse:

i can’t LOL! I want too! that’s why GOT is def going to be primary ;-D I haven’t re-read tbh, I found getting through them a tad difficult, the details start to give you a headache on first read, I think that somehow they’ll be better when I pick them up again for a re-read, I’ll prob be the same way, kinda open my eyes to new things happening/details/etc…once I do re-read. I should give you my number you can text me deets on firefly and I’ll do the same for GoT for you LOL!

do you watch the show? finale kinda killed it for me, it’s good, they do well with what they are working with but they kinda switched things up a little too much!

I actually don’t watch grimm outside of a few episodes as well ;-D!

• 7/10/12 16:19 Adelle:

Definitely email me your #. I’ll probably be instagram-ing like crazy too. I bet your spread sheet is crazy agressive. What time do you plan on lining up for GoT ? My husband thinks we need to line up at 5am (??!!) for Ballroom 20.

• 7/10/12 16:51 the Muse:

my group is split b/c a few want to go to firefly (myself included) and others to GoT (myself included, damn I wish I had a time turner like Hermione’s). If I’m I’m doing GoT I’ll be stuck in H all day that’s a given. I dunno if you need to go that early lol! I suspect it’s going to be popular but not as popular as the twihard panel, that might be one for 5am or day before camping out ;-D

• 7/10/12 16:52 the Muse:

ps are you doing the SN panel on Sunday as well!?

• 7/10/12 17:26 Adelle:

I’m leaving Sunday morning, so I won’t be able to make it to any panels at all :(

Back to GoT, I do watch the HBO series but for the life of me I can’t remember the season finale. I think it’s because I’m re-reading the books so that’s what is fresh in my mind. Or maybe it’s because of my age and my memory is not what it used to be.

If you manage to figure out how to leave Hall H and without losing your seat, let me know and I will save a space for you at Firefly. I’ll put a BB cream in the empty chair next to me to save you a seat.

• 7/10/12 13:14 Hazel:

Oh my gosh! This is awesome. I absolutely love Archie and MAC! :-D

• 7/10/12 13:29 Kim:

Can’t wait to see pics. Cute packaging is a must for this!

• 7/10/12 13:42 Icequeen81:

I wonder what they will come

• 7/10/12 13:58 Lauren:

I’m really excited about this collection! When I was little, I read through my father’s entire comic collection which included A LOT of Archie comics and spin offs.

• 7/10/12 14:04 ashley:

you should totes have a meetup while in SD!

• 7/10/12 14:07 the Muse:

girl I WISH! I was trying to meet up with Too Faced while I’m out there but I have a feeling it’s going to be a chaotic few days! my schedule is jammed back full of everythinggggggggggg! I’m in LA come Fall maybe we can do a Musings meet up ;-D

• 7/10/12 15:04 ashley:

LA meet up sounds good! I live between both cities in Carlsbad(resort town and home of legoland).
        Cant wait!

• 7/10/12 15:23 the Muse:

ashley that would be brilliant…! I know I have tons of readers in the LA area…!

• 7/10/12 14:42 Kaitlin:

OMGGGG. The packaging for this has to be on-point! What a next idea for a collection.

If this launch is full of duds, I will be livid. Plus, they’re starting so early!

• 7/10/12 15:17 MC:

Im at San Diego Comic Con too, I’m going to have to check it out!

• 7/10/12 15:22 the Muse:

w00t! awesome MC me too! which panels/events are you hoping to get into?!

• 7/10/12 16:50 the beauty alchemist:

You totally have to hit the MAC spot/store when at CC. Combine both your loves :)

• 7/10/12 17:22 Veronica:

Haha, my name is Veronica and I’ve always had that kind of style – dark hair, bangs, red lips. Can’t wait to see what they put out! :)

• 7/10/12 17:42 Shelby:

Hopefully they come out with some good products because I love archie.

• 7/10/12 18:10 Mindy:

Really looking forward to this one!

• 7/10/12 18:30 Miss D:

Oh, I love the Archie’s and at one point I bought many of the comics…still have them stored away. I love all the characters but I’m a Veronica fan- even though she’s the snobby one! XD

• 7/11/12 2:31 Quinctia:

Aw, I’ve always loved Archie. Hope that don’t ruin this like that joke of a Miss Piggy collection, haha.